ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

UN Global Warming report is out

vmax

Yeah I am sure nobody made financial sacrifices during WW2.

And therein lies the point.

To beat this, the nations of the Earth have to join forces and mobilize on a scale equal to or greater than WW2

It's not enough just you and me doing it Max. Everyone has to buy in. The problem is we are in a developed economy that can handle that change and upheaval.

The problem lies in the developing economies that are basically going through their Industrial age such as China, India and even Brazil.

They don't want to change because they are making money as they develop. China has some of the worst pollution problems in the world but good luck getting them to stop making stuff and pumping out all those carbon emissions.

This is one area I actually feel sorry for the politicians. They have such a difficult task of getting everyone to agree on a policy that will drive the change. We have already tried to do something about it last year and it couldn't be agreed upon: http://www.thegwpf.org/china-reject-binding-emissions-limits-kyoto/

This is one area I actually feel sorry for the politicians. They have such a difficult task of getting everyone to agree on a policy that will drive the change. We have already tried to do something about it last year and it couldn't be agreed upon: http://www.thegwpf.org/china-reject-binding-emissions-limits-kyoto/

I dont. They wont all even agree that there is a problem, though I bet down deep most know there is. No matter what they believe they wont say because of who contributors are, or because they risk being ostracized from their own party.

How about they do the job as it was supposed to be, as a public servant doing what you think is right for your constituents. Not as a career doing whatever it takes to get re-elected. I almost got that out without laughing. Or crying.

Look at those Australian politicians who voted their assault rifle restrictions in. A whole bunch of them were voted out the next election but 15 years later most of them still think they did the right thing and would do it again. Im not switiching the topic to gun control but merely using that as an example of politicians doing what they thought was right even though they knew it would cost them.

Edited by Spen
thought I saw a ghost

Waking up now is the biggest problem.

When all of the cities on the east coast, west coast and Gulf are under water it will be too late. It will be too late 20 years before that happens.

Imagine what that will do to the economy.

Collapse it.

All that real e$state gone. The insurance companies can't fund that. Our government can't. The mass migration of people to...where?

Leadership starts at the top.

Obama must step out and warn the American Public. Give us time tables of when basic earth changes will hit this country and world. He needs to set the sense of urgency to act now. He knows the facts. The defense department probably has the whole scenario in detail on what will happen here and globally for each year from here on out.

Crav enjoying a day in the ocean..... 10' over his house....

innertube.jpg

Edited by vmax

I'm willing to be broke for the rest of my life if my children and their children can have a life.

Money is a bullshit argument. We can't afford not to make great sacrifices now. There will be no economy is this isn't halted soon and the planet is left in some kind of balance that will sustain life.

I don't care if solar energy costs more money. The way I look at it I'd be buying life. You can't put a price tag on it.

I think investing in the solution will ultimately bring about a strong economy and solve the planets energy and climate problems.

There will be a "too late" point. That's my understanding from all of these reports.

Good post Max. I admire your passion for the topic. You're a better man than I am because I am definitely not willing to make that same type of sacrifice.

Ultimately politicians are so balls deep in corporate lobbying of oil and farming corporations, as well as international political relationships, that nothing more than a half assed effort will be given until we are actually in that eleventh hour. In the meantime I'll be as consciously aware as I can, but as an individual I don't see the point in making any significant investment when there could very well be a technological innovation or a political decision that will just put whatever sacrifice I made to waste.

It's really pathetic the current system we have. The country is endowed with an insane amount of natural resources such as wind and farm fields for vegetable oil, we could absolutely be self sufficient, or at least close to it. In the meantime we just have to hope for technological innovation or some sort of major change in our lobbying system and our country's involvement in international politics. Or hopefully I'll just be long and gone before any of these environmental disasters go down.

How about they do the job as it was supposed to be, as a public servant doing what you think is right for your constituents. Not as a career doing whatever it takes to get re-elected. I almost got that out without laughing. Or crying.

Absolutely agree. I think a lot of problems stem from this. Definitely not how the founding fathers envisioned our politicians.

You all need to stop with this crap, until someone develops a solar panel that's not an eye sore you won't see one on Cravs home. And as far as the ice melt, after this winter how can you all speak about ice melt? Florida set a record that stood for 80 years, 7 straight days below 30 degrees for the overnight low.

waaaaaaah

crav you do realize the other half OF THE WORLD is in their summer months and thye were

setting records for the longest of over 100* and hottest days and the ice melts there too

don't buy into it ,don't do anything about it ,

that's is the problem

just quit bitching about your fucking gas prices then

Mother Earth Will Swallow You

Waking up now is the biggest problem.

When all of the cities on the east coast, west coast and Gulf are under water it will be too late. It will be too late 20 years before that happens.

Imagine what that will do to the economy.

Collapse it.

All that real e$state gone. The insurance companies can't fund that. Our government can't. The mass migration of people to...where?

Leadership starts at the top.

Obama must step out and warn the American Public. Give us time tables of when basic earth changes will hit this country and world. He needs to set the sense of urgency to act now. He knows the facts. The defense department probably has the whole scenario in detail on what will happen here and globally for each year from here on out.

Crav enjoying a day in the ocean..... 10' over his house....

innertube.jpg

Also add in the unfarmable land that will exist then. The long periods of no rain. Also the very destructive storms will leave people us huddled in chaos.

You all need to stop with this crap, until someone develops a solar panel that's not an eye sore you won't see one on Cravs home. And as far as the ice melt, after this winter how can you all speak about ice melt? Florida set a record that stood for 80 years, 7 straight days below 30 degrees for the overnight low.

Weatherdoes-not-equal.gifClimate

http://www.salon.com/2014/04/03/charles_koch_blasts_collectivists_in_wall_street_journal_op_ed/

Charles Koch blasts “collectivists” in Wall Street Journal op-ed

After being slammed for weeks by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid and other Democrats, Koch brothers billionaire industrialist Charles G. Koch took to the opinion pages of the Wall Street Journal on Wednesday night to decry “collectivists” who try to “discredit and intimidate” him even though everything he does in the political realm is intended to revive “a truly free society.”

“I have devoted most of my life to understanding the principles that enable people to improve their lives,” Koch imperiously begins. “It is those principles—the principles of a free society—that have shaped my life, my family, our company and America itself.”

Koch goes on argue that “the fundamental concepts of dignity, respect, equality before the law and personal freedom are under attack by the nation’s own government,” leaving patriotic and liberty-loving Americans such as himself with “no choice but to fight for those principles.” It’s in service to this fight, Koch writes, that he recently decided to not only devote his funds toward education but “to also engage in the political process.”

Perhaps because the stakes are so high, however, Koch is unable to do his selfless work in peace. Bemoaning “the current administration” and its “central belief and fatal conceit” that “you are incapable of running your own life, but those in power are capable of running it for you,” Koch notes that his advocacy has caused “collectivists” to “engage in character assassination.”

Collectivists, Koch explains, are people who “stand for government control of the means of production and how people live their lives,” and because they “do not have good answers” to America’s problems, they follow “the approach that Arthur Schopenhauer described in the 19th century, that Saul Alinsky famously advocated in the 20th, and that so many despots have infamously practiced” of “striv[ing] to discredit and intimidate opponents.”

After a brief detour during which Koch defends his companies’ labor practices and environmental record, the Republican moneyman and Tea Party funder wraps up his essay by explaining (once again) that his political dream isn’t to protect his untold wealth and privilege but rather to rid America of “cronyism”:

Far from trying to rig the system, I have spent decades opposing cronyism and all political favors, including mandates, subsidies and protective tariffs—even when we benefit from them. I believe that cronyism is nothing more than welfare for the rich and powerful, and should be abolished.

[...]

Instead of fostering a system that enables people to help themselves, America is now saddled with a system that destroys value, raises costs, hinders innovation and relegates millions of citizens to a life of poverty, dependency and hopelessness. This is what happens when elected officials believe that people’s lives are better run by politicians and regulators than by the people themselves. Those in power fail to see that more government means less liberty, and liberty is the essence of what it means to be American. Love of liberty is the American ideal.

If more businesses (and elected officials) were to embrace a vision of creating real value for people in a principled way, our nation would be far better off—not just today, but for generations to come. I’m dedicated to fighting for that vision. I’m convinced most Americans believe it’s worth fighting for, too.

http://www.thenation.com/article/179034/whats-really-behind-koch-attacks-democrats#

The Kochs’ election strategy is a sort of bait-and-switch, since their stake in public policy is, in fact, only tangentially related to healthcare. Anti-Obamacare messaging is part of a larger campaign against government regulation that threatens the Kochs’ bottom line—most critically, in response to climate change. “We have a broader cautionary tale,” Tim Phillips, the president of AFP, told The New York Times. “The president’s out there touting billions of dollars on climate change. We want Americans to think about what they promised with the last social welfare boondoggle and look at what the actual result is.”

The Kochs’ investments in fossil fuel include petrochemical complexes and thousands of miles of pipeline and refineries in Alaska, Minnesota, and Texas, an empire that emits over 24 million tons of carbon pollution every year, about as much as 5 million cars. Thanks to a recent investigation by the International Forum on Globalization, we now have confirmation of what was long suspected: the Kochs are one of the biggest investors in Alberta’s tar sands, with a Koch subsidiary holding leases on 1.1 million acres of land in the region, giving them a major stake in the approval of the Keystone XL pipeline—despite their insistence otherwise.

To protect their interests, the Kochs have long sought to discredit science and government. In Congress, more than a third of the House and a quarter of the Senate have signed a Koch-backed “no climate tax” pledge, promising to vote against any spending to fight climate change unless it’s offset by an equal amount of tax cuts. When Republicans took over the House in 2010, seventy-six of the eighty-five freshmen had signed the pledge; fifty-seven had received campaign contributions from Koch-affiliated groups. Since then, the House has voted to bar the Environmental Protection Agency from regulating greenhouse gas emissions and has repeatedly cut its budget. If the GOP retakes the Senate this year, the party will be even more indebted to the Kochs.

waaaaaaah

crav you do realize the other half OF THE WORLD is in their summer months and thye were

setting records for the longest of over 100* and hottest days and the ice melts there too

don't buy into it ,don't do anything about it ,

that's is the problem

just quit bitching about your fucking gas prices then

Mother Earth Will Swallow You

Bite me it's 90 fn degrees here, I just finished cutting the lawn, I'm a human sweat ball

who's an invalid?

still watch snl all the time

just dvr it and watch on sunday morning before my SUNDAY MORNING fix with Charles Osgood

love that mans voice

Haven't watched snl since Eddie Murphy days

Well you missed the Carvey, Hartman, Miller days. Also the Sandler, Rock, Farley cast. Then there is the Fey, Ferrell, Poehler era. Now they have a really solid cast with Cicily Strong, Kenan Thompson, and Kate McKinnon. Sure there have been some poor runs of the show and I have at times said shut it down but Lorne aventually finds some really smart funny people to get it going again.