ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

UN Global Warming report is out

vmax

I love auto correct when I don't notice it. It should have said: "Kind of like when you have heat stroke you get the chills."

So you don't believe in global warming because you had to buy socks?

nope do not buy into global warming one bit, didnt buy into emissions eating away at the ozone layer either back in the 70s

cravnravn, on 05 Apr 2014 - 04:26 AM, said:snapback.png

You all need to stop with this crap, until someone develops a solar panel that's not an eye sore you won't see one on Cravs home.

Crav, you can get a roof with solar panel tiles built in. No eye sore (not that I think the larger panels are an eye sore), and not noticeable at all.

You also realize the "change" is relative to the last 30 years. The map is not trying to prove global warming. It is trying to show that cold weather in the eastern US does not mean that everything is OK world wide.

In other words, no one cares about anecdotal stories about your sock purchases as they are not relevant to broader trends. It is global warming. Not Florida warming.

You still haven't responded to the dessert comment Crab. Do you understand the difference between climate and weather? Your general attitude says you don't - and plenty of people don't. But it also means that until you do you should not be so proud of opinions based on science you don't understand.

Lastly, what I have never understood is even if you don't believe that the earth is warming ... What is the harm in reducing human emissions? There are obvious consequences of not reducing emissions if warming is correct. There are not obvious reasons we shouldn't reduce our emissions. What harm, aside from you caring about how your house looks, doors solar power do for you? (Hint: a benefit is not having to pay an electric bill... And I know how much you hate bills)

Analogy:

Albert Pujols is a career .321 hitter and averages 41 HR per year. In 2013, he hit .258 with only 17 HR.

Does that make him not a career power hitter with amazing numbers bound for the hall of fame? Or does it mean he had a bad year but the trend is clearly that he is among the best in the game?

I'm not surprised based on your sports posts that you say global warming can't exist because you got cold. But Albert got cold sometimes too. But he is still Albert. And the earth's climate is still changing even after a bad winter.

Crav, you can get a roof with solar panel tiles built in. No eye sore (not that I think the larger panels are an eye sore), and not noticeable at all.

this is total eyesore, then throw in the cost of the panels, then the cost of a solar hot water heater(almost double the cost of a conventional hot water heater)

solar-electric-photo4.gif

You still haven't responded to the dessert comment Crab. Do you understand the difference between climate and weather? Your general attitude says you don't - and plenty of people don't. But it also means that until you do you should not be so proud of opinions based on science you don't understand.

Why am I a crab? yes I do understand the difference between climate and weather, I live in a mostly warm weather climate, my kids dont.

I think we have all lost sight of what is important here.

I dont know about all that, but I do know I had to go and buy socks.

I think this means Cravn is wearing shoes without socks, probably sandals. Cravn, youre a middle aged man. No one wants to see your feet, put some damn socks on.

I think we have all lost sight of what is important here.

I think this means Cravn is wearing shoes without socks, probably sandals. Cravn, youre a middle aged man. No one wants to see your feet, put some damn socks on.

Im a flip flop kinda guy,

And in all seriousness, I have checked into ways to save costs, Its the initial costs thats a shocker. Just the solar water heater system alone will cost upwards of 3500.

Im more intrigued by the wind mill, there was a guy in the old neighborhood that built one, a small one, it was an experiment of sorts, he ran his frig and standup freezer in the garage with it. It worked when we had a breeze, but those end of July and august days where we were stagnant, he had to switch back conventional.

Why am I a crab? yes I do understand the difference between climate and weather, I live in a mostly warm weather climate, my kids dont.

Crab = the joys of auto-correct on a phone, just like Spen dealt with. :)

If you understand climate vs. weather... then how can you not understand that this one winter does not define the trend/climate of the last 200 years? Anecdotes about socks have nothing to do with climate.

Because 9/10 for the last 100 years have been warmer. Its called a trend.

Just like you didn't strip Ray Lewis' title of team captain after one injured season. Are you an apologist who ignores the bad to see what you want? No. You know that one season doesn't define.

But all that's beyond the point anyway. It's not about political pundits.. That's the problem with US culture, we assign scientific fact to politics as if it can be debated like the death penalty.

Ignore Al Gore... Go read some actual science and grow up.

It doesnt DC, you noticed how the pundits(Al Gore) are very quiet when the US has a colder then average winter, but let us have an above average one and hes all over the networks.

So you didn't read how Fox News would not let the guy from Scientific American talk about climate change. That was last week.

Ignore Al Gore... Go read some actual science and grow up.

Thats your problem Son, you focus on one group of people and everything they say is gospel, whereas i listen to all and their views, when I have time..As far as me growing up, I am all grown up, I have children older then you, I have raised and provided for our family..Iam now enjoying life to its fullest, I suggest you do the same because it is short..Lighten up Junior

Sure crav, it's all about me being young and too stuck up. And again you ignore the heart of the post.

The entire point of this thread has been that "science" isn't about "view points"... It's about data