ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

General Musings thread

Spen

Haven't seen that jump... 1.59 to 1.69 here.

But prices of oil barrels did some last week, about 30% (though, it was so low at $29 that 30% only took it to $36 or so). US shale finally started to taper, they can't handle lower prices like regular drillers. But heard it is back down today, have to check.

If you paid $1.91, either you got ripped off or there is a tax change down there.

It's bike week down here and if you are in a 30 mile radius of Daytona you get the shaft. The Mrs had to go into Orlando yesterday and prices were 1.64

Never count on agreed to production cuts, basic game theory says no one will follow through. Plus, the Iranians are back and the Saudis are trying to another shake production and China is still under producing and under consuming... 2.50 could happen, but I'd bet right in $2 at most through this year and next winter.

• 2 weeks later...

General Musing: someone posted about the (original) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 movie coming out 25 years ago today.

Question: why did/do the turtles wear masks?

I'm just going to leave that there.

Where our world is going wrong: Man arrested for failing to return VHS tape... in 2002.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/25/us/man-rents-vhs-tape-doesnt-return-it-ends-up-in-handcuffs.html?action=click&contentCollection=Job%20Market&module=Trending&version=Full&region=Marginalia&pgtype=article

Bigger crime might be that the rental was Freddie Got Fingered.

Cops arrested a reporter that went into a records building and was arrested for asking for records.

A mailman was arrested for yelling at cops who almost hit his mail truck. I hope the cops are convicted of assaulting a federal employee.

Those are awful. The one I posted, there was at least a warrant and the chips even let the guy go home and come in later. Sounds like they were almost laughing with him. Problem there is systemic, not the cops - not that it's much better.

The public records one is telling of our society though. Remind me of Spotlight (movie)

I saw it for free during work hours so I think my expectations were low and I still didn't think it was very good.

I really liked Wonder Womans part (and parts) Sorry. Eisenberg was great.

I read a review that said the movie just wasn't fun. Hard to say why but I agree.

Edited by Spen