ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Put Billick in the Ring of Honor

vmax

Billick was a great organizer and did a lot for managing the team and, initially, the media. He certainly proved to be weak on fixing a broken offense. But I think he belongs in the ROH.

then you have to put others in there for being a good organizer, like Art's secretary

Even Billick him self came out and said that the best thing he did for that team was to just step out of the way,, just ride wave.

I'll give him that.

As Max alluded to, just look at Billicks coaching tree, its as impressive as Bill Walshs'

Assistant coaches under Brian Billick that became NFL head coaches:

Anything stand out there to ya?

What was it that Ray Lewis said? If you want to be a head coach in the NFL then come coach me?

then you have to put others in there for being a good organizer, like Art's secretary

Even Billick him self came out and said that the best thing he did for that team was to just step out of the way,, just ride wave.

I'll give him that.

Disagree. As much as I was glad to see Billick go, he got Baltimore its first Super Bowl in 30 years.

Isn't Billick part of Walsh's tree.

Yes...and he co authored a book with Bill.....

516Y9GWDR4L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

If you read the book, then you'll see all the organizational skills and structure that be brought to the Ravens.

I really think they would still be "The Browns" if he had not done that.

He was a great hire.

To me Oz built the SB team. Drafting two HOF players and adding key FA with Sharpe,Woodson,Goose etc

And that's exactly what it takes to build a super bowl team, a strong gm.

Assistant coaches under Brian Billick that became NFL head coaches:

Anything stand out there to ya?

What was it that Ray Lewis said? If you want to be a head coach in the NFL then come coach me?

And Ray has the right to make that claim, he has the hardware to back it up. Nothing wrong with that list except Marvin Lewis

If you go back and watch that season I think you will find that it was Ray Lewis that did that.

I would say it was Sharle and Woodson moreso in that season.

Every tree has bad apples, Billick was just a lucky bad apple

That is beautifully said.

To me Oz built the SB team. Drafting two HOF players and adding key FA with Sharpe,Woodson,Goose etc

That is what I say.

I think he had very little to do with it. He was just barely competent. I think say Marvin Lewis would have done an even better job just throwing out a name.

now thats funny...Marvin Lewis couldnt teach a cat to shit in a litter box

A hell of a lot more games than Cincy won before he walked in the door.

So 500 ball is satisfactory? He's been their coach for 11 years now, they havent even come close to a playoff win, hes had better talent, they have had top 12 picks in the draft for half of his time there. Marvin wasnt part of Billick tree, he was here under Teddy.Any other team in the NFL he'd been out of a job, Bengal Super Bowls consist of winning the AFCN