ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ray Lewis Speaks Out

vmax

Back on ESPN's Sunday NFL Countdown set, Lewis continued.

"They've given me an opportunity at life," he said of the Ravens. "To change not only my life, but my family's life." If this incident -- what we're dealing with -- if they could continue to do this all over again, they would. If the NFL could do this all over again, they would.

"Whether they saw the tape or not, who really knows. ... Sometimes I think get lost in trying to find out whose head to go after and who to attack now about what they didn't do. And sometimes we forget why we're here. We're here for one reason and one reason only: We're here for domestic violence. We're here because we saw a friend of mine brutally hit his wife in the elevator.

"There are some things you can cover up, (watch soundbyte here)" Lewis said. "Then there are some things you can't. Right now is a sad day for me because the reputation I left in this organization -- this isn't it. This isn't it. What was built (over) many years (in Baltimore) took hard work to get that. ...

"Am I a little bit offended when you talk about a guy by the name of Ozzie Newsome, absolutely," Lewis said. "Because he's one of the five-star generals in this world. And I don't want us to lose what's really going on here: Ray Rice put a lot of people at jeopardy with his actions. A lot of people. Not just himself. He needs to understand that. Because none of this happens if what happened that night on that elevator don't happen.

"If I ask for anything in this whole thing, I ask let there be light." http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24719236/ray-lewis-ray-rice-put-a-lot-of-people-in-jeopardy-with-his-actions

I love Ray, and the parts you bolded were on point. However, he really just needs to shut the fuck up about this Ray Rice situation, he's looking incredibly hypocritical.

Oh yea...no doubt.

But who knows better how well the Ravens organization will rally around a player and cover his back....and help rehabilitate a career and life.

Oh yea...no doubt.

But who knows better how well the Ravens organization will rally around a player and cover his back....and help rehabilitate a career and life.

aaaaaand the Ravens did that for Rice? As Rooney said today; "one mistake should not cost a good man a career." guess who he was talking about.....

There are some things you can cover up, (watch soundbyte here)" Lewis said. "Then there are some things you can't. Right now is a sad day for me because the reputation I left in this organization -- this isn't it

Yes, Ray, we know very well about many of the cover ups that went into your career here in Baltimore, or is that Woodlawn?

What a hypocrite!

I thought the same. Change a few words and that rant of his is about himself.

Try swallowing this line; "Right now is a sad day for me because the reputation I left in this organization -- this isn't it."

To me, I'm worn out listening to a 'pious' Ray Lewis with all the kids he has by several women and his 'obstruction of justice' charge, to which he pleaded guilty. He should just shut the f--k up and get off TV. He's only interested in his image but his image is tarnished as hell to me.