ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens beating the teams they should

Tornado700

Atlanta was a game I had as a loss at the beginning of the season. Obviously I felt different coming into this week, but it just shows how easily studs become duds and vice versa in this league on a yearly basis.

It shows that a team can have all the firepower in the world on offense but if the QB has shit for an O line than it's impotent.

That's what happened to Joe and the Ravens offense last year. The media didn't mention it then but they have used it for and absolution for many struggling offenses this year.

Final Word from Steve Smith.......

"I mean, football is a physical game," Ravens wide receiver Steve Smith said after the win when asked about things getting chippy, per the team's official website. "We play in the AFC North -- a physical division. That's just football."

Smith then took the opportunity to slam his old division.

"(The) NFC South is a finesse division," he said. "The AFC North is a physical, downhill, blue-collar football (division),"

They beat teams that play soft zone and simple man coverage with no pump & run nor press coverage..They beat teams with weak offenses, weak offensive lines...... Against teams who play strong press coverage and bump & run zone, they lose. Against teams with good offensive lines, they lose.

Will they get better? Sure, I hope so, but right now, Cinci is likely to beat them again because they have a good offensive line and a strong secondary.

Let's not forget the revenge factor. Harbs will have these guys looking to eat bear this Sunday.

I think this will be a factor. I think a pissed off Ravens team will be coming to Cinci.

Yep. And after yesterday's ho hum performance,

we need to bring our A game to Cincy.

Personally speaking, I think our B game would beat Cincy. In the last 3 games they have stunk up the house. They are a different team than the one we first saw. I'll still take the A game though.

They beat teams that play soft zone and simple man coverage with no pump & run nor press coverage..They beat teams with weak offenses, weak offensive lines...... Against teams who play strong press coverage and bump & run zone, they lose. Against teams with good offensive lines, they lose.

Will they get better? Sure, I hope so, but right now, Cinci is likely to beat them again because they have a good offensive line and a strong secondary.

You will have this attitude all year then,look at our schedule I don't see a team on there that has this strong defense, or offensive line.

You just take the next game do your work then on to the next opponent.

Look at the entire NFL maybe Denver has the most complete team, caus it sure in the hell isn't seattle or San Francisco. And as long as Manning is Denver's qb there will always be questions about his play in January.

You will have this attitude all year then,look at our schedule I don't see a team on there that has this strong defense, or offensive line.

You just take the next game do your work then on to the next opponent.

Look at the entire NFL maybe Denver has the most complete team, caus it sure in the hell isn't seattle or San Francisco. And as long as Manning is Denver's qb there will always be questions about his play in January.

Yes, I guess I will since right now, it is the truth as the team sits this year. Against teams who play press coverage, the offense, struggles because the receivers can't get off the line of scrimmage. Against teams with a good offensive line, the defensive line can't get pressure, most times, not even with blitzing.

Not every team uses press coverage, some just run a soft pump & run, others, a little stronger at the line of scrimmage. Will the Ravens recievers get better at this? T Smith has not and he has had plenty of practice. Only Smith sr and Daniels right now, show they can make the contested catch; not good...

I said 6 wins at the begining of the season for this reason and because of the lack or real pressure from the defense against good offensive lines. Do I now expect them to win only one more of the nine games left? It would't surprise me.....

T. You hanging with popa again? These last two weeks is a 100% improvement in Torrey's play, both td's vs Tampa he created seperation, he drew a penalty on a long pass last week he was 3 yards past the safety ball got hung up in the wind, but he still drew a foul, we must be watching 2 different games I'm seeing progress each week. Even the Indy game we kept pounding the ball we would have won

T. You hanging with popa again? These last two weeks is a 100% improvement in Torrey's play, both td's vs Tampa he created seperation, he drew a penalty on a long pass last week he was 3 yards past the safety ball got hung up in the wind, but he still drew a foul, we must be watching 2 different games I'm seeing progress each week. Even the Indy game we kept pounding the ball we would have won

Crav, Tampa did not play press man coverage, light bump & run and zone only. The only improvement in Torrey was the last touchdown catch last week end, over the shoulder. Could it be a sign he is getting it? Maybe, usually he struggles with that type of pass. In that game, Torrey played well, again though, only when the Falcons went to zone or soft man coverage. The last td pass, was a difficult catch not just because it was over his head, but because of the coverage, very tight. So, again, maybe he is finally turning the corner, but one catch, two games against the league's worst defenses do not mean anything unless he can repeat it against better defenses.

That pass he drew a penalty on, also hit him right in the hands. Almost impossible catch? Yes, but hey, as they say, if it hits your hands you have to catch it.... :bleh:

I like Torrey, hope he gets it but I will reserve my take until I see him do it against tight coverage, fight for the ball and get off the line of scrimmage when pressed...

Yes, I guess I will since right now, it is the truth as the team sits this year. Against teams who play press coverage, the offense, struggles because the receivers can't get off the line of scrimmage. Against teams with a good offensive line, the defensive line can't get pressure, most times, not even with blitzing.

Not every team uses press coverage, some just run a soft pump & run, others, a little stronger at the line of scrimmage. Will the Ravens recievers get better at this? T Smith has not and he has had plenty of practice. Only Smith sr and Daniels right now, show they can make the contested catch; not good...

I said 6 wins at the begining of the season for this reason and because of the lack or real pressure from the defense against good offensive lines. Do I now expect them to win only one more of the nine games left? It would't surprise me.....

LOL. I think you'll come out of this looking pretty stupid.

Torrey has drawn more penalties on DB than any WR in the league. He has been doing it all season. The last two weeks have nothing to do with it.