ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Are Ravens just an average or mediocre team?

TBird

They haven't beaten a good team yet, just all the bad ones. Well, the beat Piss when they were down

early but they're doing pretty good now.

Guys on the radio were talking about this and said they were mediocre. Now we all know what Bisciotti

said last year. He will not allow mediocracy but HARBs has the second most wins in the pro game and

a recent SB ring. Would Biscut fire him for not getting in the playoffs again?

I keep hearing and seeing rumors that Ozzie might be retiring. The last two drafts haven't been that deep.

Elam isn't doing so hot as #1 pick last year and nobody knows where our #2 pick is - Brown. KJ makes a play

or two. Brandon Williams is starting and taking up 2 or 3 blockers but they didn't know what to do with John

Simon so they put him on practice squad where he was claimed by someone and he has 2 sacks already.

CJ Mosley has been great as this years #1 but Jernigan has been rolling over anyone nor has Brooks.

The game went south in a hurry with Taliferro's fumble in Pissburgh.

The o-line which seemed to be improved from last year took a giant step backwards.

Ravens had two tough losses on the road but should win vs a bad TEnn game. After the buy they

have games with Saints, SD and Miami. They could lose all three.

So are they mediocre. Biscuit said he won't allow it. He wants to go to the POs every year and made

it 5 years in a row til last year. He might not make it again in this league of parity.

the teams performance last season and this season' s 5-4 record clearly makes us an average team. And unless we see an infusion of players who "play like a Raven", witness an incredible draft, and make some defensive coaching changes, I don't see improvement from average in the near term.

I really don't know, they are an inconsistent team for sure and for as long as I can remember we have played down to our competition, this week will be a good test, we are 10 point favs, but my gut tells me to take Tennessee, and if the ravens win the game by any less then 10 you can rest assure the flacco haters will be in full swing.

Edited by cravnravn

Great points guys and great point on HARBs looking for an out. Theres these Michigan rumors but Michigan is doing pretty

well in Big 10 and thats HARBs buddies and Mattison is with him. They were all at Western Kentucky with pop - Jack HARBs.

I tend to think they're just average but weve had Webbie out all year. He has never been at full strength and now Jimmy is out

so its no wonder they can stop the pass. They just cut Chykie and Franks.

That definitely makes them mediocre until Jimmy and Webbie are on the same page together. They gotta draft a CB in first

round this year.

Average and mediocre are the same.

Answer: Yes.

This Michigan rumor is....stupid.

So you're driving a Cadillac but you'd rather be in a Yugo.

Sure...makes great sense!

Edited by vmax