ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Boldin on the trading block

cravnravn

While Boldin's health is a question mark, he's only 29 years old and is known as a great locker room leader. Baltimore tops the list of teams that will be interested and Miami also makes sense.

The Cardinals wanted a first and a third-round pick last year. With his trade value down, perhaps a second-round pick and change could seal the deal.

Expect to hear a lot more about Boldin in the build up to April's draft. This time, it should pay off in a trade.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/25/combine-rumor-boldin-will-finally-get-dealt/

If there is any truth to this rumor, I would love Oz to pull the trigger..And a 2nd rd pick thats an immediate impact player is a steal.

The rumours flying about last season that the best offer the Cards received for Boldin was a 3rd round pick and a depth player. All that has happened is Boldin has got older and more injured and is still looking to get paid.

If the Cards will take a 3rd rounder and a depth LB or something then Ozzie should pull the trigger.

At this point I would still prefer Marshall.

If we can get him for a 2nd do it. Like Crav said a 2nd for an immediate impact player is great. Dan Cody was a 2, kruger last year barely sniffed the field. In fact, the only "immediate impact" 2nd round pick Ozzie had this decade was Ray Rice. DO IT!!!! Then draft a WR and we're done. Ready for next year.

Rice even needed a year to make an impact, so yeah, as long as we can see him on the field for at least 12 games, it's a no-brainer.

Boldin is absolutely the guy we should be targeting. With him and Mason on the field offenses are going to have to respect them both. I like the dynamics they both bring, they both know how to get open and come back to the QB on broken plays. If we combine a young speedster to go with Stallworth we could field a very frightening offense! Stallworth, Mason, Boldin, and Rookie, to go with Rice coming out of the backfield. Joe will have options.

The Cards want a second rounder and change. Unless their demands come down, I don't think this one is happening.

You don't think Boldin is worth a 2nd? Because I think he is, easily. Where else are we going to get such a proven, reliable receiver, with good hands, who can get open, and take it the distance on any play? You talked about Flacco getting comfortable with his receivers over the middle...they don't make 'em much tougher than this guy.

And the other reason I'd bring Boldin in now is because Reed, Lewis, Mason, McGahee, and Heap will be gone in two years when Boldin turns 30. That gives us every reason to grab a guy to help us win now. A 2nd-round receiver might put up 800 yds, 7 TD, and we'd call that a good year. Anything less than 1300 and 8 from Boldin would be a disappointment.

You don't think Boldin is worth a 2nd? Because I think he is, easily. Where else are we going to get such a proven, reliable receiver, with good hands, who can get open, and take it the distance on any play? You talked about Flacco getting comfortable with his receivers over the middle...they don't make 'em much tougher than this guy.

And the other reason I'd bring Boldin in now is because Reed, Lewis, Mason, McGahee, and Heap will be gone in two years when Boldin turns 30. That gives us every reason to grab a guy to help us win now. A 2nd-round receiver might put up 800 yds, 7 TD, and we'd call that a good year. Anything less than 1300 and 8 from Boldin would be a disappointment.

I agree Spear...a 2nd rounder is a solid deal for Boldin. Especially since our 2nd round pick is a late 2nd round pick! More than likely by the time we select in the 2nd round Bryant, Benn, Thomas, Tate, D. Williams, Taylor Price, and Brandon LaFell will all be gone and they are really the only WR, at this point, that I would consider in the first 2 rounds!

Doesn't Boldin want Fitzgerald money?

Yes, this is why I am hesistant to give up a second rounder for him. He will be 30 in the middle of the season, and even though his last two injuries (ankle and jaw) have been fluke injuries, his physical style of play makes him vulnerable to injury. Nevertheless, if we get him for a second rounder and give him a new deal, I will not complain. But I do have my reservations. I hope we can get him for a Willis McGahee-type deal (a third this year, a third next year).

Yes, this is why I am hesistant to give up a second rounder for him. He will be 30 in the middle of the season, and even though his last two injuries (ankle and jaw) have been fluke injuries, his physical style of play makes him vulnerable to injury. Nevertheless, if we get him for a second rounder and give him a new deal, I will not complain. But I do have my reservations. I hope we can get him for a Willis McGahee-type deal (a third this year, a third next year).

If ever there was a time when we could afford to sign a receiver to a big team, it's now. We didn't have to use the franchise tag this year, our QB isn't making Matt-Ryan-type money because he wasn't a top 10 pick, and our big-time OT is making #23-pick money. Sure, we're paying a few guys like Ray, Suggs, and Foxworth, but for the most part, we don't have any huge contracts on our roster, thanks to all of our draft-picks being late over the years. McGahee maybe?

If ever there was a time when we could afford to sign a receiver to a big team, it's now. We didn't have to use the franchise tag this year, our QB isn't making Matt-Ryan-type money because he wasn't a top 10 pick, and our big-time OT is making #23-pick money. Sure, we're paying a few guys like Ray, Suggs, and Foxworth, but for the most part, we don't have any huge contracts on our roster, thanks to all of our draft-picks being late over the years. McGahee maybe?

I completely agree with you, actually. This could be the only opportunity we have to sign a legitimate number one receiver for a couple of offseasons. In other words, the are no other receivers out there on the market that we could give that money to, so why not give it to someone as good as Boldin? Bisciotti has already expressed he is willing to pay whatever it takes to put the best team on the field, well Boldin is the best available option at WR and would make this team a lot better. The only other way we can get a number one receiver is by drafting one, which would not be very expensive as we always draft near the end of the round. You convinced me, I would give a second rounder for Boldin!