ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Torrey Smith: “Horrible feeling” that this could be last game with Ravens

papasmurfbell

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/26/torrey-smith-horrible-feeling-that-this-could-be-last-game-with-ravens/

playoffs, which means that Sunday’s game against the Browns could wind up being their final game of the 2014 season.

If that’s the case, it will be time to start making plans for the offseason. One of the decisions that the team will have to make concerns wide receiver Torrey Smith, whose contract expires after the end of the season. Smith said this week that he would like to remain with the Ravens.

“As bad as it is not going to the playoffs, that’s a horrible feeling knowing that it’s a possibility that I might not be here next year,” Smith said, via ESPN.com. “But I’m not really worried about that. I’m trying to win this game and see what happens.”

Smith lamented how inconsistent he’s been this season on the way to 45 catches, 684 yards and 10 touchdowns and vowed that next year will be different whether he’s in Baltimore or on another team. That inconsistency won’t help him a top-tier contract, but it might wind up helping his chances of staying with the Ravens if the team also wants to continue the relationship.

I'd like for us to keep him provided we draft and or acquire a true No1 and 2. I really think he brings character to this team and we would miss that intangible. In the end, I hope we retain him.

Agree. We need a beast WR as a number 1 but there's no reason we can't keep Torrey as the deep threat. He's gonna have to be realistic about his contract here though. He's not going to get big money from us this go round.

It all comes down to what he wants, how many receivers the Ravens want to keep and what they feel about the other receivers. If Smith Sr comes back, Brown & Aiken are the same receiver so no need to bring them both back. You have to think Camp will stick, they need to see just how badly they missed on him, Jones should not be back, I don't think they will keep him, I think the writing was on the wall with Webb back there to return punts inside the 20.

I also don't think there is any doubt they are drafting a receiver high this year, in the frist 3 rounds.

But they have a lot of moves to make with severa young very good defenders who need to be resigned.

They need a deep threat option to keep the safeties from sitting on the short routes like they used to do before we drafted Smith. I'd perfer that be smith but I believe he will command more money elsewhere than what the Ravens are willing to spend on him. In that event I am ok with him leaving but they'll have to try to replace him with another speedster AND still try to improve the overall receiving corps by trying to find a more impact #1 type receiver. It's a tall order.