ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

How many players away from SB

vmax

How many players were the Ravens away from being in this Super Bowl?

I'm thinking just one. A healthy Jimmy Smith.

With the 19 (?) players on IR that's one hellova statement.

Now...it all changes for next season. Some players will be gone in FA. Some just let go. Some will fade due to age and mileage.

How many short are they for next year?

They have some real depth on both oline and dline. They just need a few skill positions. If I had to pick a number I'd say 4 (WR,TE,FS,CB). That's assuming we can keep Will Hill and Forsette.

Will Hill is a RFA this offseason.

This past playoffs we were Jimmy Smith away from being a Super Bowl contender. With that said we squeezed into the playoffs. For us to be a contender over the course of a season instead of hoping to get hot in the playoffs like we usually do, we need a big, playmaking receiver, CB depth, and a safety to play alongside Will Hill.

I would add a safety to that.

The OL is set. That is big. I think you can get a long way there. With the rest of the offense I just don't know what the moves are yet so it is a wait and see.

On the D I think Ngata is gone. But I think they have his replacement in house. I think McPhee is gone so a pass rusher is a must get.

• Upvote 1

Will Hill should be here as an RFA. We need a real, #1, big WR because we can't rely on another great season from SR. Even if he does play as well, we still need a guy who instills fear in opposing defenses. Strong safety is a need. Matt Elam just hasn't cut it. We need a TE. Pitta's playing days are quite possibly over (hurts to say that) given the absence of optimism in Harb's recent comments and we don't know where Daniels will wind up. Finally we need CB depth.

All in all, we need 4 major players.

He will make way to much money for a #3 WR. Jones was signed for #3 duties and returning the ball and got $12 over 4 yrs. Torrey will make at least $7 mil per.

Not in Baltimore he won't make 7 mil a year, great local person, has the speed of a deer, numerous dropped balls will drive his value down.

Draft. There is a lot of speed in the draft.

Torrey is a little soft. I don't think he grasps the WCO. Towards the end of the season he looked to be turning into a hot head. He doesn't perform well enough to pull stupid 15 yd penalties.

Lot of speed in the draft? Where? At 28th, 29th or 30th? Don't think so. Guys with size, Torrey speed, and Torrey work ehic will be long gone by the time we get to pick.

Evan Silva@evansilva 7m7 minutes ago

Torrey Smith would be ideal free agent addition for #Panthers. Just turned 26yo and that team badly needs speed on the perimeter.

The optimal word in my last post was " upside ". Torrey Smith is 26 years old and hasn't come close to peaking, apparently, I'm not alone in that assessment.