ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

I Guess This Covers Just About Everything We Need

oldno82

Good article on what the Ravens honcho's will probably be talking about at Biscuit's Florida home next week.

I wonder if we can find out from Crav what's actually being talked about down in Florida?

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/11-Ravens-Offseason-Issues-To-Discuss-During-Florida-Meeting/afb340cc-8a6a-438e-84e2-cebd6aeacbb3

Tough decisions to be made or discussed in Jupiter. The least of the discussions should be winning tne afcn,that is not a priority, we are road warriors.

Elam should be waived, we've seen enough of his play, he's not good in coverage, he's not good in tackling.

Webby Is a tough decision, when he's healthy he's a shut down corner, but his injuries keep piling up and he's not getting any younger. Ngata is a no brainer you extend him, he has been an anchor on the D.

Pitta sorry man you have to go, too much of a liability. We can make good with Daniels and Gilmore.

Today should be a great meeting day for the brass as it will be raining all day and cold with a high of 68, now tomorrow and the weekend sunny and high 70's.

Tough decisions to be made or discussed in Jupiter. The least of the discussions should be winning tne afcn,that is not a priority, we are road warriors.

Elam should be waived, we've seen enough of his play, he's not good in coverage, he's not good in tackling.

Webby Is a tough decision, when he's healthy he's a shut down corner, but his injuries keep piling up and he's not getting any younger. Ngata is a no brainer you extend him, he has been an anchor on the D.

Pitta sorry man you have to go, too much of a liability. We can make good with Daniels and Gilmore.

Today should be a great meeting day for the brass as it will be raining all day and cold with a high of 68, now tomorrow and the weekend sunny and high 70's.

Agree with all of what you said except Ngata. A $16 million cap number is just way out of whack for a DT. And he was gone for 4 games this year and the DL held up well what with the new talent.

Ngata could cash in big from some team who thinks he's the missing piece to a SB run.

Then let him go. From his past reluctance to extend his contract I get the feeling he isn't that loyal to us. Plus, hell, he's 31. How many good years does he have left? One? Two? None?

And we have guys ready to take his position.

He's one of my favorites but the Adderall use coupled with the sorry excuse he gave soured him for me. Could we maybe pull a Boldin and trade him for a 3rd or 4th?

I was thinking the same thing. We could possibly grab a draft pick if we can find a team that has a low cap number and needs defensive line help.

Then let him go. From his past reluctance to extend his contract I get the feeling he isn't that loyal to us. Plus, hell, he's 31. How many good years does he have left? One? Two? None?

And we have guys ready to take his position.

Yes, the Ravens do, several players who can do as good if not better than Ngata. Williams is the main man to replace him, however, McPhee may leave and to me, that would hurt the defense because of his versitility. I would take him over Ngata any day, he fits this system perfectly.

In today's era of the CAP, if Ngata doesn't want to restructure, then it seems wise to let him go. The Ravens can take this chance because their existing depth is damn good....but they have to augment that depth.

There will be a drop off but it shouldn't be too bad.

It's like when the Ravens lost Goose and Adams. Who filled in? Buddy Lee. At first I thought "We're screwed", but he was fantastic.

In today's era of the CAP, if Ngata doesn't want to restructure, then it seems wise to let him go. The Ravens can take this chance because their existing depth is damn good....but they have to augment that depth.

There will be a drop off but it shouldn't be too bad.

It's like when the Ravens lost Goose and Adams. Who filled in? Buddy Lee. At first I thought "We're screwed", but he was fantastic.

Yes yea,buddy Lee was serviceable, but we didn't hoist silver Betty with him. I want trophy's.