ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens “waiting to hear” if Dennis Pitta can play again

papasmurfbell

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/19/ravens-waiting-to-hear-if-dennis-pitta-can-play-again/

In late October, Ravens tight end Dennis Pittasaid he was a few months away from knowing whether or not he’d be able to resume his playing career after fracturing and dislocating his hip for the second time in two seasons.

Pitta’s status came up again with Ravens coach John Harbaugh on Wednesday, but there’s no more clarity about the situation. Harbaugh said there’s “really nothing definitive” from doctors at this point regarding Pitta’s ability to return to the field and that he only wants Pitta to be able to do what’s best for Pitta.

“His hip is fully recovered in the sense that the blood flow is there and there’s no lingering problem from either one of the injuries,” Harbaugh said, via the Baltimore Sun. “So, he’s in great position to live a great life, which is the main thing. Whether it goes to the next step and he wants or is able to play football, that will be up to them. I’m like you. I’m waiting to hear.”

The Ravens need to deal with free agent Owen Daniels and make plans for the position that don’t include Pitta, but Pitta’s guaranteed $4 million contract means there’s no specific time pressure looming over the ultimate decision about his future.

I think this says what the Ravens think.

Coach said it would be up to Dennis and his doctors. Pitta is going to say yes, while his doctors say no. Personally, I like Pitta. Good character guy with alot of talent. but like Harbaugh said, your health comes first. Dennis, I don't see you playing professional football again. You are going to be paid full salary this year. Take that money and invest it into something lucrative, go back to school and become a doctor or a lawyer, or a business owner. The world is yours and best of luck. On the Ravens side, they need to draft another tight end, period.

Exactly T, no sense in sitting still on a draft caus we hope that pitta will come back and have a banner year, time to move on, I like the kid Gilmore.

I like what I've seen of Gilmore too. He's a real tough blocker and can catch the ball

Coach said it would be up to Dennis and his doctors. Pitta is going to say yes, while his doctors say no. Personally, I like Pitta. Good character guy with alot of talent. but like Harbaugh said, your health comes first. Dennis, I don't see you playing professional football again. You are going to be paid full salary this year. Take that money and invest it into something lucrative, go back to school and become a doctor or a lawyer, or a business owner. The world is yours and best of luck. On the Ravens side, they need to draft another tight end, period.

Yes...sad but true. Dennis should give it up. We need to find a TE but this draft is weak on them. Maybe a FA? :cryin:

Even if Pitta comes back, does he get hurt again. I'm thinking the

Ravens are thinking they can't count on him.

I've been pimping Matt Williams if he is there. He's currently a top

20 pick and could climb higher after the combines.

That said, the top half of the draft is heavy with pass rushers and

2 QB. That means someone is going to drop to OZZie again.

Matt Williams could be the guy. Kiper's recent mock has Ravens

drafting him.

Even if Pitta comes back, does he get hurt again. I'm thinking the

Ravens are thinking they can't count on him.

I've been pimping Matt Williams if he is there. He's currently a top

20 pick and could climb higher after the combines.

That said, the top half of the draft is heavy with pass rushers and

2 QB. That means someone is going to drop to OZZie again.

Matt Williams could be the guy. Kiper's recent mock has Ravens

drafting him.

If you mean MAX Williams, from Min, yes, solid player, ran a 4.78 today, likely to go in the second round, maybe even the early 3rd. I like him, but would be not a happy camper if the Ravens took him at 26. Solid hand, but another Gilmore type tiht end who needs to work on blocking. We can't have two tight ends who can't block..........