ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens goal is to limit the disappointment to one season

TBird

Dumb if they do it. Just do the rebuild.

The article is right on, we are in every game, we are not being blown out and the game is over midway through the 3rd quarter. We need pass rushers. Rattle the qb and you and I could look good playing db or safety. The loss of Sizzle was a huge blow to the DD, and it shows every week.

Suggs and Dumervil were healthy last year, there was no pressure on the quarterbacks in the 2n half of games, in the 2nd half of the season. The secondary couldn't cover then either. Bunk science, just like the palio diet.........

But they’ve lost games by six, four, four, three and five points this season, and led late most weeks, so it’s not as if they’re hurtling 100 mph in that wrong direction.

Name one real quarterback they gone against this year? Bueller, Bueller... Oh Peyton, well we see he was not who we thought he was.........

Here’s what the Ravens aren’t going to do about it: They aren’t going to hold a fire sale and trade off pending free agents for draft picks.

No kidding, anyone with a pulse saw this season now, as nothing but an evaluation seaon now.... But tell me oh wise one, who chose the players, either by draft, or free agency, to get us to this point? Who said they could work with the lack of talent in the secondary? Who decided these wide receivers would be "good enough"?

I do agree, the base is here, the defensive and offensive lines are pretty stacked, though they need a little depth. Guy and Williams have been great, I mean great players on the D-line, seems this team always has a defensive line... Wonder who that guy is who not only said he could "make it work" but actually has with virtual no names? Maybe he should get a raise, a promotion......

Article is terrible. No mention of poor coaching. We have got to make the move to another DC during the bye week. We can see what we have under a different direction between now and the end of the season before making a final decision on who the next DC will be (the in house candidate that took over or someone new).

There will be times where you have a bad season for sure but the D has been on decline for years and Pees is the constant. The buck stops with him and if it doesn't then it stops with John Harbaugh and we know the coach isn't going to fire himself without at least exploring other options.

At least we have the chance with high draft choices to replenish some of the diminishing talent on the team be it at WR, pass rusher and in the secondary but Ozzie and co will have to hit on the first 3 choices again or more and more fans will start to think the FO is past their sell by date.

Article is terrible. No mention of poor coaching. We have got to make the move to another DC during the bye week. We can see what we have under a different direction between now and the end of the season before making a final decision on who the next DC will be (the in house candidate that took over or someone new).

There will be times where you have a bad season for sure but the D has been on decline for years and Pees is the constant. The buck stops with him and if it doesn't then it stops with John Harbaugh and we know the coach isn't going to fire himself without at least exploring other options.

At least we have the chance with high draft choices to replenish some of the diminishing talent on the team be it at WR, pass rusher and in the secondary but Ozzie and co will have to hit on the first 3 choices again or more and more fans will start to think the FO is past their sell by date.

It is a typical article by him, he writes to people who dont know what a snap count is........ bingo, one year since he has been here has the pts given up per game been below 20 pts. Even that was misleading as we know when ever they faced a good quarterback, this team would have to out score them or lose.

People talk about game winning drives Joe has as if he should be expected to pull them off every time. How many, though, 4th quarter leads, late 4th quarter leads, double digit 4th quarter leads has the defense given up?

What is their third down % since Pees took over?

The article is right on, we are in every game, we are not being blown out and the game is over midway through the 3rd quarter. We need pass rushers. Rattle the qb and you and I could look good playing db or safety. The loss of Sizzle was a huge blow to the DD, and it shows every week.

Next yr KO will be gone. SSS will be retired. No Suggs. This team is going to hemorrhage talent after this season. That said just bite the bullet and rebuild.

Next yr KO will be gone. SSS will be retired. No Suggs. This team is going to hemorrhage talent after this season. That said just bite the bullet and rebuild.

I'd argue we've been rebuilding since the Super Bowl win. Our drafting has simply been poor. You can rebuild but it doesn't guarantee success if you have poor execution. Offensive and defensive line were rebuilt, we tried to rebuild the WR, DB and LB corps and struck out.

What kind of rebuild are you advocating for? Starting completely over and getting rid of Flacco? Harbaugh? As long as Flacco and Harbaugh are here we are going to have some vets on this team.

After whiffing on several drafts, amazingly we still have a good DL and OL. Fortify those and begin to strengthen the LB corps and secondary on D, and WR and TE on offense.

Again, I think a 2-3 year project and within Joe' s window (assuming he's here and healthy). it some ways, it reminds me of where we were when we DRAFTED Joe and Ray Rice.

Realistically, it'll take a couple years (2017-2018) to achieve relevance. It stinks but its reality.

After whiffing on several drafts, amazingly we still have a good DL and OL. Fortify those and begin to strengthen the LB corps and secondary on D, and WR and TE on offense.

Again, I think a 2-3 year project and within Joe' s window (assuming he's here and healthy). it some ways, it reminds me of where we were when we DRAFTED Joe and Ray Rice.

Realistically, it'll take a couple years (2017-2018) to achieve relevance. It stinks but its reality.

I actually think TE is the strongest and deepest position we have on the team right now. Gilmore has been a stud this season, It's way too soon to tell with Williams but at his draft position we have to give him as many opportunities as possible and Boyle has made a few big chain moving catches for us. Pitta is obviously the question mark, we will know a lot more of his status when he gets on the field later this season.

I'd argue we've been rebuilding since the Super Bowl win. Our drafting has simply been poor. You can rebuild but it doesn't guarantee success if you have poor execution. Offensive and defensive line were rebuilt, we tried to rebuild the WR, DB and LB corps and struck out.

What kind of rebuild are you advocating for? Starting completely over and getting rid of Flacco? Harbaugh? As long as Flacco and Harbaugh are here we are going to have some vets on this team.

Given how they have missed on many players over several drafts, I wonder if changes in the front office & or scouting department are in order? Go back even to five years ago, the new director of college scouting took over and the drafts since then have not been great. Would Hortiz be a guy they move out?

Do they look at vincent Newsome-director of pro personnel, he was promoted five years ago, when this down fall truly started. His bio pretty much speaks to maybe we found the "culprit"....

Newsome oversees the team’s pro scouting efforts, including evaluating NFL free agent talent, providing the coaching staff with advance scouting reports of upcoming opponents and conducting free agent workouts throughout the year. He works closely with GM Ozzie Newsome in analyzing NFL rosters, reviewing the waiver wire daily, and coordinating and evaluating each year’s free agency market. Newsome also works with VP of football administration Pat Moriarty in providing background on players, specifically to assess their talent level and decide a salary cap value

or do they go lower? Chad Alexander, now the assistant director of pro personnel, who was a scout, responsible for Oher and Webb, his two "big name" players from his region.

Maybe Ozzie and company are putting too much stock into these two's opinion on players and salaries.

It is one thing for players failing to perform, another for coaches to not put them in position to perform, but if the people chosing said players are not living up to the level they should be, hmmmm

Given how they have missed on many players over several drafts, I wonder if changes in the front office & or scouting department are in order? Go back even to five years ago, the new director of college scouting took over and the drafts since then have not been great. Would Hortiz be a guy they move out?

Do they look at vincent Newsome-director of pro personnel, he was promoted five years ago, when this down fall truly started. His bio pretty much speaks to maybe we found the "culprit"....

or do they go lower? Chad Alexander, now the assistant director of pro personnel, who was a scout, responsible for Oher and Webb, his two "big name" players from his region.

Maybe Ozzie and company are putting too much stock into these two's opinion on players and salaries.

It is one thing for players failing to perform, another for coaches to not put them in position to perform, but if the people chosing said players are not living up to the level they should be, hmmmm

Good post. Think you may be on to something here.