ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

State of the Ravens Thursday

oldno82

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@JoeMeoli: Team's draft priority: Tackle, corner, safety, pass rushers, per Bisciotti and Newsome. #Ravens

No mention of needing a playmaking receiver, which is disappointing. Ozzie mentioned the ability of AJ Green and the incredible TD catch he made last week, but doesn't sound like its a priority. Said development is more important. We haven't developed a receiver in 20 years, I'm not holding my breath.

Preston is really hammering Ozzie on Perriman's knee injury. Good questions by Preston, a lot of fans are thinking what he's asking.

Ozzie has lost his damn mind...are you serious?

I'm going to take a break from this board since Cypher will be here proclaiming Joe's ruination of the cap...

Don't forget I was the one who said it first.

@JoeMeoli: Team's draft priority: Tackle, corner, safety, pass rushers, per Bisciotti and Newsome. #Ravens

No mention of needing a playmaking receiver, which is disappointing. Ozzie mentioned the ability of AJ Green and the incredible TD catch he made last week, but doesn't sound like its a priority. Said development is more important. We haven't developed a receiver in 20 years, I'm not holding my breath.

Preston is really hammering Ozzie on Perriman's knee injury. Good questions by Preston, a lot of fans are thinking what he's asking.

I think ppl just get mad at Preston pointing out the truth.

Someone asked a great question to Bisciotti talking about his vote on LA relocation, and how growing up as a Colts fan and the impact that has on that city's fans. Bisciotti said the league would fine him if he said anything specific. It was a great opening for Bisciotti to talk about stadium updates and Baltimore's need for a bigger convention center.

Someone asked a great question to Bisciotti talking about his vote on LA relocation, and how growing up as a Colts fan and the impact that has on that city's fans. Bisciotti said the league would fine him if he said anything specific. It was a great opening for Bisciotti to talk about stadium updates and Baltimore's need for a bigger convention center.

And it sounds like Steve is all for corporate welfare.

Finally Steve is saying the real problem. The rule book is to think.

With their profits and the states deficits sounds like a great plan.

It's like baseball salaries, if you don't pay a player, someone else will. It is hard to fault an owner for relocating when there is always a bozo governor who will offer them a stadium. Supply and demand, only 32 teams, lots of cities, even more stupid politicians.

My opinion: a referendum should be required before a there are government handouts for a stadium. If the people vote for it, then so be it that's what they want.

It's like baseball salaries, if you don't pay a player, someone else will. It is hard to fault an owner for relocating when there is always a bozo governor who will offer them a stadium. Supply and demand, only 32 teams, lots of cities, even more stupid politicians.

My opinion: a referendum should be required before a there are government handouts for a stadium. If the people vote for it, then so be it that's what they want.

Ok if a company needs welfare then they need to provide all rights the govt is responsible for. Fans have their constitutional inside the stadium. Also like some states that drug test welfare recipients all employees of companies that need govt money to subsidize them need to submit to them. I would like to see these be national laws and I think corporate welfare will be a thing of the past.

Ok if a company needs welfare then they need to provide all rights the govt is responsible for. Fans have their constitutional inside the stadium. Also like some states that drug test welfare recipients all employees of companies that need govt money to subsidize them need to submit to them. I would like to see these be national laws and I think corporate welfare will be a thing of the past.

I don't know if I agree with you on the details but I certainly agree with you that corporate welfare needs to go. Either way sounds like a great topic for the general forum :)

Harbaugh just said Pees is staying and they allowed Monachino to go to Indy to be their DC... Offseason not off to a good start.

Bisciotti called this one. He said this comes from the experience in the company he started. It adds

continuity and stability. It's how he earned over $1B. Ravens have had only 1 GM and 3 coaches

since Ravens came here.

He doesn't want to fire anyone just for the sake of it. Pees did as well as he could with

what he had. Ten games were lost in the last minute with one play. That said, the Pissburgh game

probably saved his job the way they played and won with so little talent.

His entire comments on it are on the site - right hand coloumn.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/

Bisciotti called this one. He said this comes from the experience in the company he started. It adds

continuity and stability. It's how he earned over $1B. Ravens have had only 1 GM and 3 coaches

since Ravens came here.

He doesn't want to fire anyone just for the sake of it. Pees did as well as he could with

what he had. Ten games were lost in the last minute with one play. That said, the Pissburgh game

probably saved his job the way they played and won with so little talent.

His entire comments on it are on the site - right hand coloumn.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/

Sometimes you have to much stability. When you have things going wrong ie bad contracts that keep blowing up in your face you have to remedy that problem.

I was disappointed with the team's strategy going in to the Flacco renunciations. I can't believe they would play with him having a $28 million cap hit. Nobody is worth that much. Plus by stating that, it would seem they've given the advantage to Linta in any talks.

Disappointed and mystified.

I was disappointed with the team's strategy going in to the Flacco renunciations. I can't believe they would play with him having a $28 million cap hit. Nobody is worth that much. Plus by stating that, it would seem they've given the advantage to Linta in any talks.

Ah but people did not hear him properly. What he actually said was they will be working with Joe to lower the cap hit, BUT, they will ALSO come up with a plan just in case they cannot reach an agreement.

They have not decided to just go with his current contract.... Big difference.....

Liars luncheon, they mentioned every position on the team as a position of need. They only real news that came was Webb moving to safety.... An interesting move....

The thing is I think they have come to the conclusion that Linta aint playing games. They will try but they have zero leverage and they know it. So that being said they see it as a PR nightmare if they are forced to cut Joe bc the plan they set with the original contract has blown up in their face. So planning to keep him aroound at $20+ mil will mean other go. Enjoy the losing. This season might just be the start.

The thing is I think they have come to the conclusion that Linta aint playing games. They will try but they have zero leverage and they know it. So that being said they see it as a PR nightmare if they are forced to cut Joe bc the plan they set with the original contract has blown up in their face. So planning to keep him aroound at $20+ mil will mean other go. Enjoy the losing. This season might just be the start.

Restructuring contracts means big upfront money and it becomes more difficult for the team to get rid of you. If the player doesn't take a paycut, it's a no brainer for the player. Cash in pocket plus added security. Example: Big Ben has restructured twice already.

It's dangerous for the team to restructure contracts consistently. Immediate cap flexibility for sure to he dead money down the road.

Without looking it up Aaron Rogers got a bigger contract that Joe. Joe was the richest

QB for about one week-lol.

Don't know what his cap hit is but he got more than Joe. Im not sure but I think KAP

did too.