ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

State of the Ravens Thursday

oldno82

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A whole lot to discuss? That's what you heard? Tell us something we didn't know 82. LOL

The plan is to smoke a couple of joints have have a couple of beers. Make that several of

each.

For anyone smashing Ozzie, how would you like Trent Baalke, 49ers GM whom Ozzie smashed

in SB 47 plus the regular season game the year before.

After running Jim HARBs out of town and promoting his crony he now fires him after 1 year while

keeping his own job while Jim might have a national champion next year after doing so well this

year. It's been a long time since Michigan did this well. There was a big feud between him and Trent

so the owner sided with Trent. He must be sorry now.

They lost 80% of their SB team to FA, retirements and what not and weren't replaced. All Ozzie needs

is 1 or 2 more impact players like a CB and pass rusher from the edge and he's back in the SB.

Ozzie has more SB rings and has won more over a longer period than Trent who is looking pretty

stupid for letting Jim go and now for firing his hand picked guy after just 1 year.

Here's what I think about this season....

animal-house.gif

"What do you want to hear Mike?"

...What I want to know

At the state of the Ravens news conference Thursday, let's not hear anymore spin from team officials about how the Ravens played hard every game, stuck together, didn't point fingers, etc.

Enough already. Everyone has applauded the effort but that type of stuff is geared more toward recreation, high school and college levels. The Ravens are a business. It's about money, wins and losses, not moral victories and life lessons.

After losing three of the past four games to playoff teams, it's time for the Ravens to put on their big boy pants and get down to business. Let's hear something substantial about plans to fix to team, the salary cap situation for 2016, how the Ravens plan to pick at No. 6 overall compared to previous years and any changes in the front office.

I want to know how owner Steve Bisciotti felt watching his team fall to 5-11.

And one more thing: I want to know who picked out the dreaded gold uniform pants."

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/bs-sp-preston-ravens-column-0105-20160104-column.html

Edited by vmax

Ravens Finish As Second-Best Defense In Second Half

The Ravens’ defensive turnaround is kind of amazing.

It finished as the NFL's second-best defense (behind the Houston Texans) in the second half of the season. It ranked No. 24 in the first half.

The defense gave up a whopping 92.5 fewer yards per game in the final eight games to accomplish that feat. (Via the @Ravens)

They finished with the 8th ranked defense for the year with 337.4 yards given up per game, but finished 24th in total points given up-401.

Here's what I think about this season....

animal-house.gif

"What do you want to hear Mike?"

...What I want to know

At the state of the Ravens news conference Thursday, let's not hear anymore spin from team officials about how the Ravens played hard every game, stuck together, didn't point fingers, etc.

Enough already. Everyone has applauded the effort but that type of stuff is geared more toward recreation, high school and college levels. The Ravens are a business. It's about money, wins and losses, not moral victories and life lessons.

After losing three of the past four games to playoff teams, it's time for the Ravens to put on their big boy pants and get down to business. Let's hear something substantial about plans to fix to team, the salary cap situation for 2016, how the Ravens plan to pick at No. 6 overall compared to previous years and any changes in the front office.

I want to know how owner Steve Bisciotti felt watching his team fall to 5-11.

And one more thing: I want to know who picked out the dreaded gold uniform pants."

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/bs-sp-preston-ravens-column-0105-20160104-column.html

Totally agree with Mikey this time. I don't want to hear any rah-rah bulls**t about how the team hung together under adversity, etc. They did well with that but I've heard it enough. There's plenty of problems on this team that they should address. I want to hear their plans for action not a defense of the season. Hopefully Bisciotti wants the same.

Ravens Finish As Second-Best Defense In Second Half

The Ravens defensive turnaround is kind of amazing.

It finished as the NFL's second-best defense (behind the Houston Texans) in the second half of the season. It ranked No. 24 in the first half.

The defense gave up a whopping 92.5 fewer yards per game in the final eight games to accomplish that feat. (Via the @Ravens)

They finished with the 8th ranked defense for the year with 337.4 yards given up per game, but finished 24th in total points given up-401.

You are seriously buying into that? Without looking it up I can tell you that coincided with our offense collapsing. If anything I'd attribute that to teams getting the lead and stepping off the gas. Dean Pees defenses have been consistently unable to finish. He cannot put together a championship defense (unless Flacco plays mistake free football). We have seen this time and time again. How many leads did they blow this year? Did you forget the two 14 point leads against the Pats? The near collapse in the SB?

This is Pees MO. He looks like a genius for a few games and does enough to retain his job for the next season only to shit the bed again enough times that we want him fired again. It feels like it happens every year now and he is still here. It wasn't good enough for Bellicheat and he fired Pees and it shouldn't be good enough for us.

You are seriously buying into that? Without looking it up I can tell you that coincided with our offense collapsing. If anything I'd attribute that to teams getting the lead and stepping off the gas. Dean Pees defenses have been consistently unable to finish. He cannot put together a championship defense (unless Flacco plays mistake free football). We have seen this time and time again. How many leads did they blow this year? Did you forget the two 14 point leads against the Pats? The near collapse in the SB?

I agree. While the defense played better in the second half, the whole second in yardage stat is misleading. In the second half the defense was still only 21st in redzone defense and 24th in points allowed. I would rather the defense be like 2013 and let up a lot of yards but be solid in the redzone. That is hardly acceptable and does not excuse an absolutely abysmal first half of the season.

I've been saying Ravens D let up since Rex left, at least most

of the time. They sure didn't blitz like Rex did except at the end of SB 47.

In his finest coaching ever, HARBs said he kept calling up to Pees to keep blitzing and

blitzing at the end of the SB. He remembered how Eagles won in the last play of the

game in regular season and how Skins came back and tied it in regulation and then

win it in OT.

So on the last play of the game for SF, HARBs has Ellerbe blitzing from the left side which

forced KAP to over throw to a covered Crabtree on the right. KAP just threw it over everyone

heads.

Thanks HARBs. We don't win SB w/o telling Pees to leave the foot on the gas.

I was just hoping to get Pagano back as D-COORD next year with him being so tight with

HARBs but Jimmy ruined things for me once again signing him when everyone thought

he was gong to fire him. PAGs was the one who figured out what to do with Kruger the Beast

after he did nothing for 3 years. He just played him 2 downs per game and he's still just playing

2 downs per game and still just bitching about it-lol. Teams always run by him and Ravens

would have lost SB 47 if they let Kruger play the entire game. SF would have kept running

by him til the end.

I hate that Irsay.

You guys know nothing will be revealed. Nada.

For everyone saying release Pees, you better have someone better in line.

I would much rather have Clarence Brooks as the DC. The defensive line has played great for years under Brooks. Rumors are the Colts are looking at our OLB Ted Monachino to be their DC. Heck, make Brooks and Monachino co-DCs.