ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

State of the Ravens Thursday

oldno82

I just looked it up. Just like I said, Rogers is making more at $121M to Joe's $120M and there's

several others like Matt Ryan, Eli Manning and Big Jen and Cam Newton ahead of Joe.

Roger's guarantee is $54M to $29M for Joe. Rogers gets $22M this year and $20M for Joe.

That's over $1M pr game.

All those teams had to pay out to keep their QB. Ravens had no choice but to give in on their

demands.

http://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah but people did not hear him properly. What he actually said was they will be working with Joe to lower the cap hit, BUT, they will ALSO come up with a plan just in case they cannot reach an agreement.

They have not decided to just go with his current contract.... Big difference.....

Liars luncheon, they mentioned every position on the team as a position of need. They only real news that came was Webb moving to safety.... An interesting move....

That's possible and I hope that's what happens. Time will tell.

Ditto on the liars luncheon. They're all BS. Billick taught them well in Billick speak-lol.

All their pressers are like that especially at draft time. DeCosta goes around to all the

clubs before the draft and they ask him and he said yea, I love him, I like him. Here's

my wish list but they're the top 20 in the draft so nobody knows who they are

going to draft and neither does Ozzie til he turns the card in.

He never dreamed he'd get JO and Ray in his first draft ever or Joe and Rice in that

draft.

Phil Savage told us at the Barn with Nasty that I see a lot of jerseys with names like Heap,

Ray, Jamal and JO on them. We didn't know they would be the stars they became when

we drafted them. We hoped they would but we had no guarantees or even hints that

they would become as great as they did.

Two things- Pees is staying because his defense turned it around the second half of the season. They were in the top ten in total defense. As for Joe Cool. He will restructure his contract.

There was an article stating that depending on the cap increase next season, Joe's salary could just assume the difference. Hence why it might stay...

There was an article stating that depending on the cap increase next season, Joe's salary could just assume the difference. Hence why it might stay...

The reason I am sure Joe will restructure is pretty simple. Who's he going to listen to, his agent or the front office, his teammates, his coaches, and his fans? I believe the latter.

Restructuring contracts means big upfront money and it becomes more difficult for the team to get rid of you. If the player doesn't take a paycut, it's a no brainer for the player. Cash in pocket plus added security. Example: Big Ben has restructured twice already.

It's dangerous for the team to restructure contracts consistently. Immediate cap flexibility for sure to he dead money down the road.

Look at McNair in Ten.

Without looking it up Aaron Rogers got a bigger contract that Joe. Joe was the richest

QB for about one week-lol.

Don't know what his cap hit is but he got more than Joe. Im not sure but I think KAP

did too.

You have crazy numbers for Rodgers

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/aaron-rodgers/

5 yrs $110mil. So on avg Joe is making just under $2mil a yr less. Is Rodgers that little bit better than Joe? Not a chance.

Kap got a BS contract. Only $12 mil in guaranteed money. His agent screwed the pooch or the 9ers held the line and made a really smart deal.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/colin-kaepernick/

Two things- Pees is staying because his defense turned it around the second half of the season. They were in the top ten in total defense. As for Joe Cool. He will restructure his contract.

That is not what Ozzie sounded like.

The reason I am sure Joe will restructure is pretty simple. Who's he going to listen to, his agent or the front office, his teammates, his coaches, and his fans? I believe the latter.

His agent and only his agent.

Papa... Tennessee wanted McNair to take a paycut. I specifically said in my post no paycut. Additionally, McNair's contract had already been restructured. Sure, he got traded, but by then he had already collected two big checks and double dipped with the Ravens.

That situation shows the danger of restructuring contracts. Eventually you will get to a point where the player is no longer useful, and you have to eat the dead money. It's simply a matter of now or later.

Look at McNair in Ten.

You have crazy numbers for Rodgers

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/aaron-rodgers/

5 yrs $110mil. So on avg Joe is making just under $2mil a yr less. Is Rodgers that little bit better than Joe? Not a chance.

Kap got a BS contract. Only $12 mil in guaranteed money. His agent screwed the pooch or the 9ers held the line and made a really smart deal.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/colin-kaepernick/

That is not what Ozzie sounded like.

His agent and only his agent.

I disagree. He will take advice from his agent, that's all. The decision is completely up to him. Joe likes it here and wants to stay here. He also wants better players around him and knows that he is in a position to free up alot of cap money to sign better players. That' Joe's character. He stays. Mark my word on it.

I disagree. He will take advice from his agent, that's all. The decision is completely up to him. Joe likes it here and wants to stay here. He also wants better players around him and knows that he is in a position to free up alot of cap money to sign better players. That' Joe's character. He stays. Mark my word on it.

It has nothing to do with how much Joe likes it here or his agent, restructuring is a no brainer for both of them. Joe gets a check and added length to his contract, and his agent gets a fat commission check too.

Joe has all the leverage. He will probably even receive a pay raise to keep him in line with the most recent QB contracts. The Ravens have two choices: restructure and give Joe a slight pay raise, or keep the contract as is. It's a win-win for Joe, it's a dangerous game for the Ravens.

Wow. Can you have Joe come on and talk about what he is planning since you know him so much. With Ozzie blinking it looks like he will be here with the huge cap number so be like Cmac who was fine with playing under the tag for the big cash.

It has nothing to do with how much Joe likes it here or his agent, restructuring is a no brainer for both of them. Joe gets a check and added length to his contract, and his agent gets a fat commission check too.

Joe has all the leverage. He will probably even receive a pay raise to keep him in line with the most recent QB contracts. The Ravens have two choices: restructure and give Joe a slight pay raise, or keep the contract as is. It's a win-win for Joe, it's a dangerous game for the Ravens.

Good post. Put it exactly the way it is. Can you educate Papa as well? I don't know if I have ever seen such a pessimistic view of the Ravens like he has. My quess is he was probably banned for life from the Bank.

No. I just see where they have screwed up. I said when they signed Rice again it would be a bad move. I said the same about Joe. So far Joe's contract has been a disaster. I think I am pretty honest evaluator of what the Ravens have and what they will do. At the draft I said while at TE they have talent it will take time for them to get great. I also said they needed a vet to make some big catches they would need. I also said I liked Buck Allen. Whne they signed West I was wondering why they hadn't signed him to the 53 man squad from day one.

Good post. Put it exactly the way it is. Can you educate Papa as well? I don't know if I have ever seen such a pessimistic view of the Ravens like he has. My quess is he was probably banned for life from the Bank.

My post wasn't directed at Papa. I tend to agree with Papa that it is a bad contract, but I feel we had our hands tied. Now, we have our hands tied once again.

I'm still a believer in from day one of Joe's contract that both sides said this would be a 3 year deal. I see no reason why there would be back peddling by either side.

I think some need to turn off The Fan they take those folks to serious.

Bisquit hasn't had his yearly pow wow with the coaches in Florida yet.

Nothing I've read or heard makes me believe that Joe's camp is going to not renegotiate and we will be slammed with a 26 MIL cap hit at one position. It'll all work out in the end, we are a top flight organization.

• 2 weeks later...

My post wasn't directed at Papa. I tend to agree with Papa that it is a bad contract, but I feel we had our hands tied. Now, we have our hands tied once again.

You don't know what you are even talking about. Now apologize to these nice people on this board.