ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

2016 Draft

oldno82

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to sound like a jerk, but do you guys know the players they've drafted? Watched any of them?

Very little. But that still doesn't keep me from being and expert fan. :gorave:

OTALEX LEWISNEBRASKA BIG TEN

Photo of Alex Lewis

COMBINE RESULTS

GRADE

?

5.22 SEC

27 REPS

100.0 INCH

7.94 SEC

4.72 SEC

MORE DRAFT

VIDEO

6'6"

HEIGHT

34"

ARM LENGTH

312LBS.

WEIGHT

10"

HANDS

OVERVIEW

Trying to make his own name in a new place, Lewis chose to start his college career in Boulder to play for the Buffaloes instead of following his father, Bill, to Lincoln where he was an All-American center in 1985. Alex played in 24 games, starting 15 (12 at LG, one at LT, two as blocking TE), for Colorado and then had surgery on his shoulder following the 2012 season. Lewis decided to transfer to Nebraska in the spring of 2013, redshirting that season before staking the starting left tackle spot for all 26 games in 2014 and 2015. He was named honorable mention All-Big Ten as a junior and second-team All-Conference by league coaches as a senior. Lewis now plans on following in his fathers footsteps to the NFL, where his dad played seven years for the Raiders, Cardinals, and Patriots. Scouts will ask Lewis about his arrest for assaulting an Air Force cadet in May 2013, as he eventually received 45 days in jail and two years' probation in exchange for dropping the felony counts.

PRO DAY RESULTS

Broad jump: 8 feet, 9 inches

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Has some toughness to his game and will meet a physical challenge. Has a clean, balanced set­up in pass protection and keeps his head back and hands punch­-ready. Generally uses well-­timed punch with inside hand coming first. Understands his physical limitations and sets out on defensive ends quickly to counter. Able to generate some play at the tackle spot.

WEAKNESSES Plodding feet limit him. Slow to step into angle blocks and has issues operating consistently on outside zone plays. Not quick enough to be counted on for reach blocks. Pad level too high to unlock hips for maximum leverage and pop in run game. Needs to get better at sinking hips as bull rush mounts. Play strength is very average and leads to balance issues. Will lunge rather than working feet into position. Punch needs to be more crisp and quick.

DRAFT PROJECTION Rounds 5 or 6

BOTTOM LINE Lewis has enough frame and length to stay at tackle, but will need to move over to the right side even though he may be able to offer average value as a swing tackle. Run blocking in space will always be a concern and his foot quickness could cause issues for him against NFL speed off the edge. There is enough there to work with Lewis as a backup tackle

KENNETH DIXONLOUISIANA TECH CONFERENCE USA

Photo of Kenneth Dixon

COMBINE RESULTS

GRADE

?

4.58 SEC

18 REPS

37.5 INCH

Top Performer

121.0 INCH

6.97 SEC

Top Performer

4.28 SEC

11.50 SEC

Top PerformerBLUE STAR = COMBINE TOP PERFORMER

MORE DRAFT

VIDEO

5'10"

HEIGHT

31 3/8"

ARM LENGTH

215LBS.

WEIGHT

9 1/2"

HANDS

OVERVIEW

For a couple of days, Dixon was the leading touchdown scorer in FBS history. Even though Navy quarterback Keenan Reynolds bested Dixons 87 scores in his final game, Techs top dog had an outstanding career. He earned first-team All-Conference USA honors in 2015 (1,070 rush yds, 467 receiving yards, 26 total TD) despite missing two games with an ankle injury. Dixon had earned first-team all-conference notice in the WAC as a true freshman in 2012 (1,194 yards, 27 rush TD) and second-team All-Conference USA the last two years as he hit 1,000 yards rushing (1,299) in 2014 and 917 as a sophomore while fighting a knee injury. That sort of consistency is a rare feat for a college back.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Hungry runner who almost never gives in to the defender. Light on his feet using outstanding jump ­cut and lateral quickness to sidestep danger in the backfield and create a positive play. Elusiveness on second level often leaves tacklers grasping at air. Able to string moves together and hit the explosive play. Despite being keyed on, still creates yardage for himself. Determined and competitive. Accelerates through initial contact and squeezes carries for everything he can. Averaged almost twice as many yards per carry after first contact (3.3) than before first contact (1.7). Greedy eater when endzone in his sights with 39 rushing touchdowns since 2014. Quick recognition of defensive flow and adjusts running lanes accordingly. Decisive runner with plus burst and ability to charge it up to his top speed instantly. Has very good feel for running lanes and tacklers and is able to navigate both without much wasted movement. Violent finisher for his size and enjoys thumping corners and safeties. Reliable pass catcher who can hurt teams out of the backfield.

WEAKNESSES Very average thickness through lower half. Struggled with a knee injury in 2013 and missed two games in 2015 with an ankle injury. Physical running style could lead to durability concerns. Not as likely to slip out of side doors against substantially better competition. Average long speed makes him more slasher than home-run hitter. Competitive resolve leads him to try and do too much on some snaps. Base narrows in space and can be susceptible to shoestring tackles. Aggression and competitiveness as a runner isnt as readily available in pass protection. Needs to improve ball security. Has fumbled 13 times over last three seasons.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 3

NFL COMPARISON Thomas Rawls

BOTTOM LINE Highly determined runner with a strong desire to compete through the whistle on every snap. Dixon possesses outstanding feet with exciting suddenness in his change of direction, but hes very willing to finish his runs with authority and has a knack for finding the endzone. Dixon has all the traits of being a quality, three­-down starter in the NFL but his frame and suspect pass protection could be long-term concerns.

WILLIE HENRYMICHIGAN BIG TEN

Photo of Willie Henry

DRAFTED BY: RAVENS ROUND4 PICK34 OVERALL132 COMBINE RESULTS

GRADE

?

5.00 SEC

28 REPS

30.5 INCH

110.0 INCH

7.57 SEC

4.53 SEC

MORE DRAFT

VIDEO

6'3"

HEIGHT

33 3/8"

ARM LENGTH

303LBS.

WEIGHT

10 7/8"

HANDS

OVERVIEW

Though Henry had 10 sacks playing for Ted Ginn, Sr. at powerhouse Glenville (Ohio) High, he was not highly regarded in recruiting circles. Each year we played for the Wolverines, however, he showed the improvement NFL scouts like to see when evaluating a prospects "upside." In 2013, Henry was a strong contributor, starting six times and making 32 tackles, three for loss. He started six times again the next year, being credited with 20 tackles, 5.5 for loss, three sacks and an interception. Henry began fulfilling his potential during his final year in Ann Arbor, starting nine games and earning honorable mention All-Big Ten honors, racking up 34 tackles, 10 for loss, and tying for the team lead with 6.5 sacks. After talking with former high school and college teammate Frank Clark, who was a second-round pick of Seattle in 2015, Henry decided it was time to leave for the NFL.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Comes off snap with low pad level and is usually the leverage winner. Has strong base and lands heavy-handed strike with initial punch to jar blockers. Powerful enough to stack and 2­-gap. Plays with good football awareness and senses trap blocks coming. Has a good feel for down ­blocks and double teams, and can brace up to limit their effectiveness. Well versed in twist game with effective picks and quickness to come off pick and attack the quarterback. Big closing burst to get home when he smells quarterback. Finished season with 6.5 sacks. Surprising upfield burst when allowed to rush from defensive end.

WEAKNESSES Can be undisciplined pre-­snap with five encroachment penalties this year. Drops head and eyes off the snap and plays with too much waist­-bending upon initial contact. Needs to unlock his juice off the snap to control neutral zone and make more tackles for losses. Cut blocks chop him down with ease. Plays with turned shoulders and narrow base when flowing with run plays which allow blockers to wash him down. Needs a more varied rush attack.

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 3

NFL COMPARISON Star Lotulelei

BOTTOM LINE Henry is an athletic 3­-technique who turns 21 in March and should continue to add functional mass and power to battle and win at the point of attack. Henrys sack numbers were bolstered by his work in T/E twists and might not be indicative of his ability to beat pass protection consistently, but his understanding of twists and close­out quickness could keep him on the field on third downs. Henry should find his way into a starting lineup sooner rather than later.

Big closing burst to get home when he smells quarterback :gorave:
Edited by vmax

MATT JUDONGRAND VALLEY ST. GREAT LAKES

Photo of Matt Judon

COMBINE RESULTS

GRADE

?

4.73 SEC

Top Performer

30 REPS

Top Performer

35.0 INCH

Top Performer

109.0 INCH

7.67 SEC

4.52 SEC

BLUE STAR = COMBINE TOP PERFORMER

MORE DRAFT

VIDEO

6'3"

HEIGHT

33 7/8"

ARM LENGTH

275LBS.

WEIGHT

9 1/2"

HANDS

OVERVIEW

This Michigan native earned just about every honor he could for his play in 2015. He won the Gene Upshaw Trophy as Division II's top lineman and was named the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference's (GLIAC) Defensive Lineman of the Year and Associated Press Little All-American squad. He led all of college football with 20 sacks among his 23.5 tackles for loss, made 81 total tackles and forced three fumbles. Judon showed promise beating D2 tackles off the edge with length and speed as a junior, as well, winning first team All-GLIAC honors with 19 tackles for loss, 8.5 sacks, and four forced fumbles. All of this success came after losing four games in the middle of the 2012 season (seven TFL, 3.5 sacks) and all but the first seven plays of the 2013 season with injuries.

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS Massive production after pulverizing his competition this year. Finished with 20 sacks, 23.5 tackles for loss, three forced fumbles and three fumble recoveries. Chiseled body with natural power baked into his compact frame and exceptionally long arms. Was too powerful for many of the tackles he faced. Rushes passer with a plan. Uses rip moves around the edge and ties an inside counter with it. Keeps track to the quarterback tight along the arc. Has inside club move to clear up space.

WEAKNESSES Square shouldered rusher who can be run up and around the quarterback by tackles with decent feet and strength. Will miss out on some finishes due to some lower body stiffness. Cruises along without making proper use of hands. Level of competition along offensive line is substantially lower than what he will see in pros. Tore an ACL two years ago and missed East-West Shrine Game invitation due to "tweaked meniscus."

DRAFT PROJECTION Round 5

NFL COMPARISON Ryan Delaire

BOTTOM LINE Small-school wonder with monster production over the last two seasons despite an admitted stretch of "timidness" after returning from an ACL tear that robbed him off his 2013 season. Judon has an NFL frame and rushes the quarterback with a plan, but he is still very raw from a technical standpoint and is still a project at this juncture. Judon has enough talent to warrant a draft pick, but will need time to find his way as a pro.

This late in the draft one cannot expect polished talent. Even so, having already taken defensive ends, knowing they are weak at safety and corner, they take a chance on a small school defensive end (4-3 only) who has already had one knee injury and is a long term project at best who will likely be on IR the season....

Oh here is to hoping they find an undrafted gem for the secondary..

I like what I am reading on Matt Judon. I don't know, just not very impressed by our fourth round picks. Seems like we got a lot of low ceiling, developmental guys.

Agreed.

They have a roster full of projects

I give the whole freakin' Ravens draft a C- and I think I'm being generous.

Also, seems like we drafted nearly all good character guys. Not a bad thing but we have hardly any tough guys on our team anymore. The AFC North is gonna be tough.

He fumbles a lot, they already have a ton of running backs just like him.

Eh running backs are a dime a dozen. I like the idea of having a group of mid-round guys with talent who had great college production fight it out letting the best one stand out.

I wouldn't take an RB before the fourth round. I think the Dixon pick is solid.

I give the whole freakin' Ravens draft a C- and I think I'm being generous.

Also, seems like we drafted nearly all good character guys. Not a bad thing but we have hardly any tough guys on our team anymore. The AFC North is gonna be tough.

These guys are tough. you can have good character and still break somebody's jaw. :thumbup:

Moore seems like a confident guy....

The Ravens got another target for quarterback Joe Flacco’s big right arm, adding Cincinnati wide receiver Chris Moore with their second fourth-round pick (No. 107).

Moore is the definition of a big-play receiver.

The 6-foot-1, 206-pound receiver averaged 19.3 yards per catch over his four-year career. He made 39 catches for 823 yards and seven touchdowns last season, an average of 21.1 yards per catch, ranking eighth-best in the nation.

“I can take the top off any defense, I’ll make those big plays," Moore said. "Me personally, I feel like I can do it all," he said. "I practice all the routes every day. I run all the short routes. But if you need me to be the guy who is going to make those big plays, I’m the guy.” “That’s what really excites me. He’s a veteran, he’s won Super Bowl MVP. I’m ecstatic; I can’t wait to work with him," Moore said. "When that ball is in the air, I believe it’s mine and it should be only mine."