ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

2016 Draft

oldno82

Are you guys wantching ESPN? Did you hear what they said about Laremy Tunsil? Not good.

No. At the time I wrote that I wasn't aware of the issue. So, if they really wanted a LT, Stanley was the better choice. The thing that surprises me was they didn't take Buckner.

Is there any possibility we can trade Monroe for picks this year or next?

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get to watch much Pac 12 football, but from the scouting reports it appears he's a true Mike. I'm not sure if we'd be interested given we've already told Mosley he's the Mike. If we move to a 4-3 we'd need some athletic run and hit guys to play OLB (like Jack). If we stay in a 3-4, Wright would be a great fit at Mike allowing Mosley to stay at Will.

Jack in the 2nd? He is worth the risk here..

Kevin Dodd, defensive end, Clemson, is a good chance, Alexander, a solid corner as we mentioned, Chris Jones, defensive tackle, strong as an ox, Andrew Billings, another immovable object, my favorite edge rusher, Shilique Calhoun, not great against the run, but can he ever get after the quarterback.

Maybe a guard? Cody Whitehair, excellent run blocker.

Dodd and Alexander are my two favorite targets in the second. Jack obviously, if our doctors believe he is ready to go.

Yeah, much like the first round, the Ravens have a real chance to land a top talent in the 2nd, one I don't think even they could screw up in this round... 😜

I think I'd take a small chance on Spence. If he's on the right wavelength he's just what we need on defense with the exception of a CB. I have a feeling most if not all the second tier CB's will be gone when we pick in round 2. That would mean we need lots of pressure coming from the defense. Spence seems to have it. I like how he transformed himself at Eastern Kentucky.

So what do you think of Spence in round 2?

I think I'd take a small chance on Spence. If he's on the right wavelength he's just what we need on defense with the exception of a CB. I have a feeling most if not all the second tier CB's will be gone when we pick in round 2. That would mean we need lots of pressure coming from the defense. Spence seems to have it. I like how he transformed himself at Eastern Kentucky.

So what do you think of Spence in round 2?

Seven dbs in the first round, I think Titans & Chargers are moat likely to go db, maybe Browns & possibly Cowboys.

Chargers and Cowboys also need a defensive end so Spence/Dodd may go to them.

I love how Spence seems to have turned his life around, and the Ravens were linked to him... He could be a great player nut his size, lack of moves and not being good against the run worry me.

There are likely 3-4 dbs left in this draft who can come in and play well right away. The Ravens also neeed a safety, slim pickens now.

With 4 Bama players slated to go high in the 2nd I hope they put Ozzie in isolation with no way of contacting the outside world....

Day 2! :gorave:

Time for the Ravens to feast.

Myles Jack, one of the most talented prospects in the draft, dropped out of the first round because of worries about needing future microfracture knee surgery. The heart of the Alabama defense -- linebacker Reggie Ragland and defensive tackles A'Shawn Robinson and Jarran Reed -- is still available. Quarterback drama exists for Connor Cook, Dak Prescott, Christian Hackenberg and others. The New York Jets, facing the possibility that unsigned quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick might retire instead of playing for fewer than $8 million a year, need to find a quarterback in Rounds 2 or 3. Pass-rushers Noah Spence, Emmanuel Ogbah and Kevin Dodd are all available. So is Heisman Trophy-winning running back Derrick Henry.http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2016/story/_/page/scontheroadnfl04292016/nfl-draft-2016-seattle-seahawks-tennessee-titans-teams-crush-rounds-2-3-draft

I wouldn't risk Jack till at least the mid #3rd

Reminds me of KLM.... early round talent that fell do to an injury... and cant stay healthy

I wouldn't target Jack at all they even mention microfracture surgery asap posted with his injury is the nail in the coffin

I wouldn't target Jack at all they even mention microfracture surgery asap posted with his injury is the nail in the coffin

Is micro-fracture surgery still as devastating as it was fifteen years ago? I was always associated it as being a basketball injury. Basketball players have been able to successfully come back from it.

Remember, there pre-draft chatter about Mosley having a bad knee that would shorten his career.

Is micro-fracture surgery still as devastating as it was fifteen years ago? I was always associated it as being a basketball injury. Basketball players have been able to successfully come back from it.

Remember, there pre-draft chatter about Mosley having a bad knee that would shorten his career.

Yes, if he has to have that surgery, his career would be over.

There goes Ogba, nice pick Browns, if they can motivate him.