ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

2016 Draft

oldno82

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Irony? They fleeced the Redskins in the RGIII trade, even boasting how they got the better deal. A few years later, they get fleeced... Now, I think Goff, if he is the pick, will be a stud if given the right coaching... However, Fisher has not shown he has patience with young quarterbacks....

Either way, this may monkey up the entire draft..

Here's the Ravens options.... :gorave:

In this case, it means that the Ravens should be able to draft one of the following players: Ole Miss left tackle Laremy Tunsil, cornerback Jalen Ramsey, defensive end Joey Bosa, defensive end DeForest Buckner or inside linebacker Myles Jack.

If a second quarterback is drafted in the top 5 five – likely by Cleveland at No. 2 – that would mean the Ravens would likely be choosing between two of those players. ..Whoever is left at No. 6 will be a top-notch defensive talent, meaning the chances of the Ravens trading back seem less likely now, that is unless Memphis quarterback Paxton Lynch comes into play with the other two quarterbacks off the board......http://forums.extremeravens.com/topic/18355-2016-draft/page-2

I am really starting to think Ramsey is going to fall to 6. Now, if thr Ravens were offered to trade picks with a team in the 15- 20 range, plus get a 3rd this year and a 2nd next year, what would you do?

I think Ozzie stays put and pulls the trigger unless he gets an outrageous offer.

He can get a Pro Bowl caliber player. It's been a long time....since Jamal Lewis at #5.....that Ozzie has been sitting in a spot like this.

I think Ozzie will stand pat at 6 unless he gets an extra 2nd round pick, a third this year and a third next next year. I think I'd take that to move down to the 10-15 range. Definitely wouldn't go lower than trading with somebody who's 10-15.

My preference is to hold at 6. Too many potential star players available.

Anybody think the Ravens would pick Jaylon Smith with their first pick of the second round?

Four months ago, Smith was a sure thing: perhaps the draft’s best defensive player and an almost certain top-10 pick. Now, though Smith insisted his knee is strong and that ongoing numbness in his injured knee is normal, his future — and whether a team should take a chance on a player expected to miss the 2016 season — is the biggest mystery in the selection process.http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/jaylon-smith%E2%80%99s-swift-sad-fall-from-top-nfl-prospect-to-the-outside-looking-in/ar-BBs8flS?li=BBnb4R7

Anybody think the Ravens would pick Jaylon Smith with their first pick of the second round?

No chance, he will miss all of or most of next season & that numbness is NOT normal, that is a nerve issue that may or may not go away. Chances are it is something that keeps coming back and no, surgery cannot fix it.

If they land Ramsey in the first, they likely go either offensive line or defensive line in the 2nd. If not, they likely take Alexander in the 2nd... I would love for them to land both Ramsey & Alexander, but we can't ask for all of that, can we?

I honestly do not know. I have not looked at the players hard at all this season. Really not hugely interested. The NFL is killing my love of the game.

But not your love of message boards

Newest rumor around is the Ravens are transitioning to a 4-3, which is why they are heavy on Bosa and other pass rushers.

Could make sense: Mosley is a better fit as a 4-3 Mike. Z and Brent Urban can play as a 4-3 end. Jernigan, Williams, Guy and Carl Davis rotate on the inside.

Of course, we would need a couple of 4-3 OLBs.

Even in a 4-3 Bosa just doesnt fit. He isnt strong enough to hold the edge and his quickness\speed is questionable in pass rush.

They have always tried to scheme to their strength. If they had more defensive linemen who could play, they used more 4-3. When they had 4 good backers, they moved to the 3-4.

Lately, because they had neither, they turned into a morphing defesen morw often, even running a 5-2 at times.

Tunsil, on a side note, is not a road grader in the running game. His skill is getting to the second level, turning guys in zone blocking.

Maybe they do trade back and take the ND tackle who excells in run blocking but needs coaching and experience in pass set... This should be fun.