ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Kindle injured

vmax

I was reading the rumors around 8am this morning but didn't take them seriously.

Not good news...

after an accident Thursday that still had him in a hospital Sunday, Kindle will be unable to report to training camp with the rest of the Ravens' rookie class Monday.

We know few details at the moment about what happened. Kindle suffered a serious head injury after he reportedly fell down two flights of stairs at a house in Austin, Texas. He is in stable condition. "Members of our medical staff, including Bill Tessendorf and Dr. Andy Tucker, have spoken with doctors in Texas. We understand Sergio is stable at this time and that he is being tested and observed," Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome said.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/bthesite/vensel/2010/07/accident_an_unfortunate_setbac.html

Kindle in stable condition after accident

Sergio Kindle, the Ravens’ first pick in the 2010 draft, suffered a head injury in a house he was visiting Thursday night in Austin, Texas. It is believed that Kindle fell down two flights of stairs.

Kindle is in stable condition and is being treated and observed. Members of the Ravens’ medical staff are in communication with doctors at University Medical Center Brackenridge.

Kindle, who played linebacker at the University of Texas before being a second-round pick, will not report to McDaniel College with other rookies this Monday when the team’s training camp starts.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2010/07/kindle_in_stable_condition_after_accident.html

Anything I can say is just speculation...2 flights of stairs???? You'd have to fall over a railing to do that....

At the moment his health and recovery are more important than football.

Edited by vmax

Guest BallTMore

Damn. That's not fun. Get well soon.

Also, I expect to see the words in the title of this thread a lot this season.

What do you mean BallT...that he gets hurt a lot?

There's a hint of that from this quote from his father...

We've been told that the swelling is subsiding and that Kindle has improved quickly

Kindle's father, Johnny Walker, told the Carroll County Times today in a telephone interview, "Sergio feels like he has had bad luck all his life."

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/sports/ravens/article_c36b1718-9823-11df-905c-001cc4c03286.html

Guest BallTMore

Yeah, that's what I mean. I know this was just a freaky occurrence, but I think he's snake-bit when it comes to staying healthy.

Wow, wtf carelessness and stupidity. Even if it is tempting to speculate in drinks or drugs, I pass for now.

Max, dissapointed! Why none of your typical Belushi photos? When you post what Kindles father had to say.. and a bottle of Johnny Walker!!!

Wow, wtf carelessness and stupidity. Even if it is tempting to speculate in drinks or drugs, I pass for now.

Max, dissapointed! Why none of your typical Belushi photos? When you post what Kindles father had to say.. and a bottle of Johnny Walker!!!

This guy has the makings of another thug. I hope he isnt a another Ozzie top (2nd rd) pick gone bad. Ozzie seems to select one dud every 5-6 picks or so.

If so, hopefully Cody, Reed, Dickson, Pita and Ramon soften the blow.

Not counting out Sergio yet but he sounds like a total screw up who was passed over in the first round for good reason.

So no one else has slipped on the stairs before? This makes you a criminal, and a careless person? WTF are you guys smoking? Thank god he just hit his head and didnt blow out an ACL

Either most of us are judgemental or you are naive. I really hope we are wrong and Sergio turns out to be a fine young ballplayer.

His track record and recent experiences would indicate otherwise.

For all concerned, I hope you are right.

This guy has the makings of another thug. I hope he isnt a another Ozzie top (2nd rd) pick gone bad. Ozzie seems to select one dud every 5-6 picks or so.

If so, hopefully Cody, Reed, Dickson, Pita and Ramon soften the blow.

Not counting out Sergio yet but he sounds like a total screw up who was passed over in the first round for good reason.

I would hardly call this guy a thug. And calling the guy a total screw-up is too rough on the guy. Yes, DWI is a terrible thing. However, this is a type of crime every sort of person is found guilty for daily, it is not a thuggish crime. The same goes with texting and driving. The guy is not a thug, he has just exercised poor judgement in these cases. There is nothing criminally wrong with getting drunk at a friend's house, it is just unfortunate that he fell down the steps. He was at a friend's party, many people drink at friends parties. We should all be thankful that the guy does not have brain damage.

I am a little scared about the lack of details in this story. How serious was this injury? Aaron Wilson reported that Kindle should make a full recovery, but when? Next week? Month? A year?

I am a little scared about the lack of details in this story. How serious was this injury? Aaron Wilson reported that Kindle should make a full recovery, but when? Next week? Month? A year?

Head trama and football are like matches and gasoline. He's been in the hospital since Thursday so he's got 'head trama'. Did he crack his skull? Broken facial bones?

The Ravens, doctors and Sergio should be 100% certain that he can take the blows before they let him suit up. I doubt he takes the field for 2-3 weeks. That will put him way behind the curve and out of the running for being an impact player early this season.

He's a rookie trying to learn a complicated role in a complex defense....without every valuable snap during camp I don't see how he can get up to speed.

So no one else has slipped on the stairs before? This makes you a criminal, and a careless person? WTF are you guys smoking? Thank god he just hit his head and didnt blow out an ACL

Oh yes. Hurting him self seriously like that, Yes a carelees person, I would say for now, sure I am not aware of the circumstances and the actual stair.

I know something about stairs and slipping, and I bet I have used them more than Kindle, Working as a postman and rushing up and down.. sometimes too fast and too tired, and too stupid, and careless, and then slipping, for me it was never the head even though it was close a couple of times, only hurt feelings, knees and fingers, once back, never no way near of two flights of stairs..

Btw he is not an epileptic?

Questions need answers.

Who took him to the hospital?

He did it Thursday, why was it not made official til yesterday?

I hope there wasnt alcohol or drugs involved, he has a history.

I guess this will affect his contract, hes going to be mad after Oz low balls him.

Questions need answers.

Who took him to the hospital?

He did it Thursday, why was it not made official til yesterday?

I hope there wasnt alcohol or drugs involved, he has a history.

I guess this will affect his contract, hes going to be mad after Oz low balls him.

I read a post on Baltimore Sun from a person who lived in Texas and he made a real good point about how if you are an athlete (esp football player) in Texas what goes on in TX stays in TX. I am riding with that as an explanation.

or maybe he got the crap beat out of him by his girlfriend and he is using the old "fall down th stairs" routine.

If OZ low balls him, he has no one to blame but himself. Prove them wrong....PLEASE prove us all wrong! I think he'll be reasonable though.

Guest BallTMore

Per WNST text: Coach Harbaugh says Sergio Kindle will miss entire Ravens camp.

From Aaron Wilson's Twitter: Harbaugh: Fractured skull for Kindle; will miss camp; can't travel for weeks.

So there you go. Don't expect Kindle to make much of an impact this season.

Edited to add more.

Edited by BallTMore

So much for Kindle's prediction for being defensive rookie of the year. Like everyone else has said, missing training camp for a rookie is critical. I would not expect Kindle to make much of an impact, if any, this season. We really needed him for depth and pass rushing situations too. So this injury definitely hurts. If we are hit by injuries later in the year, Kindle could get an opportunity to step in. However, now we really need a guy like Barnes or Kruger to step up.

I heard that too Cleetz and if that is true, how sad! The guy may have gotten drunk and stayed overnight at a friend's house to be RESPONISBLE and in the process hurt himself in a totally freak accident way. He would have done the right thing. That is just wrong :(

Oh yes. Hurting him self seriously like that, Yes a carelees person, I would say for now, sure I am not aware of the circumstances and the actual stair.

I know something about stairs and slipping, and I bet I have used them more than Kindle, Working as a postman and rushing up and down.. sometimes too fast and too tired, and too stupid, and careless, and then slipping, for me it was never the head even though it was close a couple of times, only hurt feelings, knees and fingers, once back, never no way near of two flights of stairs..

Btw he is not an epileptic?

Try narcolepsy..

From Aaron Wilsons twitter; Mack Brown has been in touch w/ Sergio Kindle's family. Says SK will be fine but says "narcolepsy" might have caused fall down on stairs....