ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens Sign Houshmanzedah!

colincac

Adam_Schefter

Ravens reached agreement with former Seahawks wide receiver TJ Houshmandzadeh on a one-year, $855,000 deal. More at espn.com.

YEAH BABY!

I was hoping we got him after he got cut but I pretty much wrote it off because he could only be our 3rd WR and he is another possession type guy, but just amazing work at adding depth cheaply by Ozzie once again.

I am blown away by this.

Savor the fact that, assuming health all around, we're going to have a 4 WR formation later this year w/ Mason, Boldin, TJ Housh, and Donte Stallworth.

EDIT: of course I'm the idiot that forgets Clayton.

Who has the corners to cover that?!

And a one year deal at the vet minimum? Just wow...

Very good times.

Guest BallTMore

Put him on the board. Championship.

Surprising move. There's quite a chess match going on between the Jets and Ravens.

Revis takes away Boldin week 1. Ok. We still have Mason, Housh, and Clayton.

Nice.

Important to keep in mind that Seattle owed him $7 Million this year and whatever he got elsewhere (855,000 in this case) would simply subtract from what they owe him, so he is still technically making 7 Million. Basically, money didn't matter at all to him as a result.

I had never heard about him being a distraction, but it's funny in the ESPN article conversation now all the Bengal fans hating on our signing are saying he's a locker room distraction. Guess we'll just have to see.

Guest BallTMore
I had never heard about him being a distraction, but it's funny in the ESPN article conversation now all the Bengal fans hating on our signing are saying he's a locker room distraction. Guess we'll just have to see.

Housh is a douche, but Bengals fans shouldn't worry about our locker room distractions. They have the top two in that category.

• Upvote 1

Put him on the board. Championship.

Surprising move. There's quite a chess match going on between the Jets and Ravens.

Revis takes away Boldin week 1. Ok. We still have Mason, Housh, and Clayton.

Nice.

And we still have Mason/Clayton, Housh/Clayton, Heap and Rice/Clayton.. this is insane. Well that is a challenge Rex!

There is now serious experience between the starting 3 receivers. They all can reed any D and attack it.

Also...Boldin (ok colin..:) ) and Haush run block very well.

Now...why did he get released? Age? Health? Lost a step?

There is now serious experience between the starting 3 receivers. They all can reed any D and attack it.

Also...Boldin (ok colin..:) ) and Haush run block very well.

Seattle is in clear rebuild mode with that young team (see Josh Miller trade) and wanted to give younger players a shot at playing time. I was interested that they couldn't find a trading partner, but probably just nobody that wanted to pay him $7 Million a year. He caught 79 balls for 900 yards with Seattles crap talent last year, he's got plenty of steps left in that body.

lol!

This is the most pumped up I've ever heard Preston...

If the Ravens got him for the veteran minimum, then general manager Ozzie Newsome should be arrested for stealing. If the Ravens can get the offensive line healthy and ready to play, it might be impossible to cover this team over the entire football field.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-preston-houshmandzadeh-20100906,0,1785761.column

I've got a large Cincinnati Bengals #84 Houshmandzadeh jersey that I'm willing to sell cheap! Any takers?

$15?

Anyway, I feel weird about this. Not bad weird, just kind of strange. Boldin, for example, we kind of expected. This just feels like it's from left field, and even though I'm excited and I think he'll do well, it just doesn't feel comfortable yet. Maybe it will after he schools Kyle Wilson on Monday, but I'm just not there yet.

I mean, it was only two years ago that we (I, anyway) absolutely hated his guts. Imagine Hines Ward looking for a last contract with another team, not performing well in their offense, then coming here. He's the closest comparison I can think of. It's just weird.

Emotions aside, Flacco should complete about 90% of his passes, now...

And I was really looking forward to seeing Clayton have his best pro year in the slot.

I can think of 7 million reasons why Housh got released.

Since 04 Housh is #2 in the NFL in receptions behind Reggie Wayne

Last year Housh was Seattles leading receiver

Last 2 years Housh averages 93 receptions a year.

He's far from done, he has a lot of life left.

I can think of 7 million reasons why Housh got released.

Since 04 Housh is #2 in the NFL in receptions behind Reggie WayneLast year Housh was Seattles leading receiver

Last 2 years Housh averages 93 receptions a year.

He's far from done, he has a lot of life left.

Boldin and Mason have to be there too, do we now have 3 of the league top ten Wrs in receptions?

Boldin and Mason have to be there too, do we now have 3 of the league top ten Wrs in receptions?

Guess we'll find out after week 2, going against the Jets & Bengals should give us a good read on how well our WR's are

True, Crav, provided that our OL gives Joe the time to comfortably deliver. If Rex and Marvin routinely send the house and Joe is running for his life, we still may not find out. Plus, Housh may need a few weeks in the saddle to get the rythym. Lets see.

True, Crav, provided that our OL gives Joe the time to comfortably deliver. If Rex and Marvin routinely send the house and Joe is running for his life, we still may not find out. Plus, Housh may need a few weeks in the saddle to get the rythym. Lets see.

Harbaugh said that TJ is familiar with the system, so he has that going for him. Hopefully Flacco and TJ really put in the time this week to get used to each other. TJ is a smart guy who has been around the game for a long time, I don't think he will have much trouble schooling #2/3 cover guys with the looks he will be sure to get with Mason, Boldin, and our running game.

Lets see, TJ played for Seattle and caught 79 passes yet Mike Holmgren didn't want to touch him at all here in Cleveland with Stuckey being our most experienced receiver.

Something tells me that he is a locker room cancer but I guess when you put him with all those other cancer cells, it can't get much worse.

I don't see the ratbastards winning 9 games this year regardless of who they have catching the ball. Someone can quote this and when the season is over, we can see how it turns out.

http://forums.dawgbones.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=18793&view=findpost&p=200367