ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Way to get that monkey off our backs

Tornado700

I thought Joe managed the game very well and so did our coaching staff. Near perfection, I'd say. To be able to go into Cincy, where we haven't won in years, and without the benefit of any practice by our QB, is truly amazing, and just what the doctor ordered. Hats off to our defense, who also swarmed like bees and created five turn overs, in addition to pitching a shut out.

I will see you all at the Bank next week.

It was a football clinic on "The Winning Formula."

The Ravens had so many play makers today.

I didn't see that last year.

And....watching them didn't burn my eyes or hurt my brain like last year. :yeah:

One most important point to take away from this game: With this D the Ravens will go into every game on the schedule, in every stadium, with a chance to win.

A fan can't ask for more.

and Smith.

Campanaro is a poor mans Woodhead. They'll survive but you could see what a great impact Woodhead has. Chain mover.

The Ravens offense kept Cincinnati out of sync by punishing its defense for 157 yards rushing on 42 carries and holding an eight-minute advantage in time of possession. It was beautiful, a throwback to the past.

It was vintage Baltimore football.

“It was one of our old-fashioned games. It reminded me of my first couple games as a rookie,” Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco said. “It was one of those where we had to run the ball late in the game and just run the clock out. It’s good coming here to get a win. I don’t care how you do it.”

Of course Flacco will try to change the formula. He was already talking about how he preferred to throw for 350 yards and win, 42-0. But someone needs to pinch Flacco.

Wake up.... :fishin: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bs-sp-preston-column-0910-story.html
Edited by vmax

I thought Joe managed the game very well and so did our coaching staff. Near perfection, I'd say. To be able to go into Cincy, where we haven't won in years, and without the benefit of any practice by our QB, is truly amazing, and just what the doctor ordered. Hats off to our defense, who also swarmed like bees and created five turn overs, in addition to pitching a shut out.

I will see you all at the Bank next week.

You are right Joe is a game mang. Coaching I have to ask what is with burning TO in the 3rd quarter bc you can't game mang. It didn't matter yesterday but there will be weeks where it will be important.

I wish Woodhead didn't get hurt...

He has played 21 games in 3 yrs before yesterday. He is always hurt now.

Good coaching, great D, and good game management by Joe after no training camp. My hat's off to all of them. Love the running attack. It will open up play action. Except for Woodhead and Smith it was fun to watch.

Again the game mang sucked by the coaching.

With all the injuries they've had and lack of practice time, the coaching had a very effective game plan and they stuck to it.

And I thought it was said up to the actual game that the Bengal defense was great so I'm not unhappy at all with how it turned out. It was supposed to be a close low scoring game. Even I was expecting that.