ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Game Thoughts?

vmax

What was bad was 3rd down conversions...2 for 11...and

Going 1 for 4 in the redzone...that's not good.

Toss in a brain fart here and there but overall the Ravens were making a lot of good plays.

I'm not worried at all. That was one lucky bomb because we got caught sleeping as they hadn't been able to throw downfield all day.

Nobody seems to remember a couple bad fumbles from today. We shut them down at the end of the 1st half, had the ball back, and were about to go down and score when Boldin uncharacteristically fumbles.

Again, we are down inside the 10 yard line and running a hurry-up, when Rice thinks he hears an end-around FAKE and fumbles the hand off.

We dominated this game and took our foot off the gas in the 2nd half. It wouldn't have been a big deal had they not completed one lucky throw. Overall I was impressed with our team today. David Reed looked great on kickoffs, and Webb finally did decent on punt returns.

You did this against the worst team in the league. The Ravens should have put the over their knee and beat their ass. They did not do that.

I am with Papasmurf on his assessment. We gave up 270 yards of offense against the absolutely worst offense in the NFL, led by a QB who just got off the couch a week or two ago and who threw an 80 + yd TD bomb. We gave up 120 yards to yet another unknown running back, Mike Goodson. Mike Goodson !

Our offense was disfuctional again and still finds ways to implode in the red zone. Our offense needs to find a way to play effective offense for 4 quarters.

If I'm Harbaugh, I would be extremely concerned about this team's inability to play a full 60 minute game in all three phases. Its almost like the team cant focus on a full 60 minute game.

We may be 7-3 but this team has some major stuff to fix. You cant like the psyche of this team leading up to Tampa next Sunday.

You did this against the worst team in the league. The Ravens should have put the over their knee and beat their ass. They did not do that.

...so?

Basically, everything Colin said. They didn't blow them out the way you wanted them to. Oh well. I don't think they went into that game with your playbook or gameplan. They played a conservative game (if you remember correctly, Flacco was practicing calling the plays), and the Panthers caught a big play. Big deal.

The running game is more towards average, too. We know that. Posting Goodson's stats proves nothing.

I don't know why you seem so set on being the new Mike Preston, crowing on every problem every week until one gets us, but I guess it works for you.

Guest BallTMore

We won by 24, right? Not perfect, but...24 points.

Clear frames?

A majority of your posts are pretty negative. Should have released this guy. Should have traded that guy. Ozzie didn't address this. If that's clear frames we should be 1-9.

You come across to me as a pessimist.

And most pessimist try to pass that off by saying they're "realist". Usually not the case.

We're winning despite our weaknesses, that is a very good thing. The Pats should have lost to us, today to the Colts, and to San Diego. The good teams find ways to win despite weaknesses. The Pats have just as glaring weaknesses as we do.

I believe that yes we should have pounded this team. No, despite the final score, we did not. I'm sure that the coaching staff isn't satisfied and I'm sure that they'll continue to work hard.

The only thing I'm worried about is when Mattison says stuff like he said in his news conference this week. He actually said that he's still running the same defense that Rex was running when Rex was here. That's just dishonest and stupid to think that people will buy that. What's the point of saying something like that? Everyone knows there's no way you're running that defense. I find that strange.

Goodson's numbers concern me... though a lot was thanks to that one big run.

But the root of our Run D problems is..... the LB playing next to Ray. Be it Ellerbe or McClain, they both suck.

Twice today on big runs by Goodson (the 45 yarder and a 10-15 yarder), he went straight up the middle. Both times they showed a replay from behind the QB... the DL gets blocked creating two large holes... but there is an LB in each, Ray in one and McClain in the other... in both instances, Goodson stepped towards Ray, and instantly McClain would vanish behind the DL. Goodson would make an easy cutback into the (now) wide-open hole on the other side and Ray and McClain would both be in chase.

Just poor discipline. Inexcusable.

My thoughts. Yes, it was closer than it should have been later than it should have been but the Panthers were never poised to take the lead. Yes, if we played the same way against a good team we may have gotten into more trouble, but we can only play the team we are playing each week. A win on the road even against a bad team is good in my book.

I think Flacco was really good, maybe his best game ever in my opinion.

Two defensive TDs in 11 seconds! That doesnt even sound possible but we did it.

Goodson's numbers concern me... though a lot was thanks to that one big run.

That reminds me of when Jamal broke the single game record against Cleveland. They said if it wasn't those 3 runs and we would have held him to about 100 yds.

We're winning despite our weaknesses, that is a very good thing. The Pats should have lost to us, today to the Colts, and to San Diego. The good teams find ways to win despite weaknesses. The Pats have just as glaring weaknesses as we do.

I believe that yes we should have pounded this team. No, despite the final score, we did not. I'm sure that the coaching staff isn't satisfied and I'm sure that they'll continue to work hard.

The only thing I'm worried about is when Mattison says stuff like he said in his news conference this week. He actually said that he's still running the same defense that Rex was running when Rex was here. That's just dishonest and stupid to think that people will buy that. What's the point of saying something like that? Everyone knows there's no way you're running that defense. I find that strange.

I agree with what you said about Mattison. He is full of it.

I could say say The Ravens should have lost to Cleveland and Buffalo. The Pats found a way to beat the Ravens

We won by 24, right? Not perfect, but...24 points.

Yeah and 14 of that was 2 pick-6's when Carolina was driving to get it within one score with less than 5 mins left. It should have been at least 3 scores different by that point.

Overall? We did what was largely expected of us.

However, if i can nitpick... id point out our early trips in the redzone where we could have put up 14 points, instead we came away with 3 total. The fumbles were a concern as well, 3 in the first half for sure.

Joe had a couple moments where he does that thing where he panics, flail's around and looks like a scolded dog. But overall Joe played very well. There were more then a few exceptional passes today. :gorave:

We allowed a couple big rush's, but i was glad Sizzle had a good game. Josh Wilson and Dawan Landry are liability's. Everyone and their grandma knew we would give up a bomb td, just everyone thought it would be steve smith instead of a no name fella. and par the course... it was Wilson who was left looking like a reject.

Like i said, good game... easy W, but nothing useful other then a W coming from this game. Still need to work on our weaknesses.