ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Red hot Seat

vmax

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-lamar-jackson-20181105-story.html

John Harbaugh wants Lamar Jackson more involved. The Ravens are considering 'every option'

Could Jackson get a series to himself after the Ravens’ bye week? Even when Jackson has entered competitive games, Flacco has played under center or lined up wide as a receiver.

“I would say that’s an option, yeah,” Harbaugh said at his weekly news conference. “We’ve talked about that option, too. Every option that you’ve thought of, we’ve talked about. So yes, that’s a possibility.”

Please Steve don't fire me is what I get from this.

The signs were there all season, sure, the defense "played great" in spurts, but just as in past years, after a few games, they lost their legs. If you watched, the defense gave up a 10 pt lead heading into the 4th against the Saints, then the collapse, the lack of hustle, the following week. Now this week, they plaid tired, they played as if they did not want to get hurt. They followed players, rather than rock & sock em. Clearly this defense is, was not playing for the team, the coach, the fans, but I saw players playing for a new team next year, knowing the salary dump is coming.

This organization has let Joe down, never giving him a decent line, no real play makers; they got very lucky to win a Super Bowl; be glad.

But Ozzie and the front office made huge mistakes the past 10 years in the draft and free agency. Maybe it is their scouts, but the buck stops somewhere. Every message board fan has said which players were going to be busts before the draft, yet Ozzie took em, those fans shown to be correct.

The latest move to waste a 7th round pick is not so much about losing the pick, but in the type of player they traded for; another bust. Was it Eric or Ozzie?

Time to move on, we, they all know Joe is not going to be back and this trick pony show every time the offense gets moving, passes the 50, is killing this team.

Jackson is not ready but who cares at this point, start him, this season was over before it began, we knew it...

Why is it Joe needs ppl so much talent around him? He is paid like a guy who can make guys better. So thats on him.

How about maybe Ozzie was never that great. This FO was made by Belicheck. He put all the peices in place in Cle. As the scouts and oter talent evaluators left maybe Ozzie was not capable of hiring the same quality and grooming them the same way.

The signs were there all season, sure, the defense "played great" in spurts, but just as in past years, after a few games, they lost their legs. If you watched, the defense gave up a 10 pt lead heading into the 4th against the Saints, then the collapse, the lack of hustle, the following week. Now this week, they plaid tired, they played as if they did not want to get hurt. They followed players, rather than rock & sock em. Clearly this defense is, was not playing for the team, the coach, the fans, but I saw players playing for a new team next year, knowing the salary dump is coming.

This organization has let Joe down, never giving him a decent line, no real play makers; they got very lucky to win a Super Bowl; be glad.

But Ozzie and the front office made huge mistakes the past 10 years in the draft and free agency. Maybe it is their scouts, but the buck stops somewhere. Every message board fan has said which players were going to be busts before the draft, yet Ozzie took em, those fans shown to be correct.

The latest move to waste a 7th round pick is not so much about losing the pick, but in the type of player they traded for; another bust. Was it Eric or Ozzie?

Time to move on, we, they all know Joe is not going to be back and this trick pony show every time the offense gets moving, passes the 50, is killing this team.

Jackson is not ready but who cares at this point, start him, this season was over before it began, we knew it...

This is spot on. Thank you 👍. I 100% appreciate your comment about winning the Super Bowl in 2013 . This organization is damn lucky to have 2 SBs in the last 20 years. Its going to take a helluva FO overhaul and super dynamic coach to lead us to another one in the foreseeable. But Im hopeful and ready for this team to roll the dice and get out of this funkarama. Now.

The question is whether Steve is more Art or more Mike Brown in his decision making? The FO needs a whole new makeup and that requires Steve to make the hires needed to get that going. Art did that originally. Steve has been living off that legacy for a long time. Now he has to make the calls on his own and ride with them.

Yep, lots of guys living off the legacy of Art, Ray and JO. Time for some new legacy makers. The problem : who ?

We've seen how Snyder and Jones have ruined the Skins and Cowboys. Just like Angelos and the Os.

Its practically unfixable (maybe already is). Like the high paid divas, the owners have theirs ($) and winning is secondary or tertiary.

I just hope the Biscuit doesn't sell out to some greedy, strict money making machine with 0 interest/passion for football.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jason-la-canfora-i-would-be-shocked-if-john-harbaugh-is-coaching-ravens-by-week-1-of-2019/

Jason La Canfora: 'I would be shocked' if John Harbaugh is coaching Ravens by Week 1 of 2019

We are approaching hot seat season, a time of year when the reality of a team's record begins to manifest itself in the form of various coaches being shown the door. Hue Jackson is already out in Cleveland and while it looked like before the season we might see minimal coaching changes, there are a number of different coaches who could be shown the door.

CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora -- who detailed his full list of coaching hot seat candidates here -- joined the Pick Six Podcast -- it's a daily NFL pod, you should listen below and subscribe here: via iTunes | via Stitcher | via TuneIn | via Google Play -- to talk about who we might see getting fired.

One team he's sure will end up being on the market for a new coach? The Baltimore Ravens.

"I would be shocked if John Harbaugh would be back. I said as much before the season, because I thought they were going to go 8-8 like they always do. And that's not going to be good enough, and Harbaugh and [assistant GM Eric] DeCosta ... I don't know anybody in that organization who's thinks that's gonna work for five or 10 years. So if you're hitting the reboot and you're taking the quarterback, I think the odds were always drastically against Harbaugh.

"We talked about this last year, it was about this time last year, the Packers and Ravens should trade coaches. Because neither of those coaches is doing a baloney one-year extension again. And it's all coming to a head after 2018 because neither of these teams are as good as people think they are, and both these coaches are going to be lame ducks in 2019 and they're going to walk out the door and that's what's going to happen."

La Canfora went on to point out that McCarthy, who has also won a Super Bowl, is an unlikely fit in Baltimore, primarily because the "bloom is off the rose" when it comes to his offensive innovation, and the Ravens no doubt want some young, offensive mind to work with Lamar Jackson.

Maybe it shouldn't be that stunning to find out the Ravens and Harbaugh to be heading for a split. As JLC points out, this has been building for quite some time now.

"That's not surprise that we're talking about the Baltimore Ravens in Week 9. He's been there 11 years. He and [Joe] Flacco, it's run its course," La Canfora pointed out. "We talked about this last week I think. I did a big piece on them midweek. They're 8-35 since the Super Bowl run against teams that went to the playoffs [counting 2018 as of now]. They're 44-45 since they went to the Super Bowl. Joe Flacco, on the road, since the Super Bowl win, is the 40th ranked passer in football. He's got a quarterback rating of 76 on the road through five and a half seasons, with nine more interceptions on the road than anyone else. The next highest is Eli [Manning] with 43. Flacco's got 52! 48 touchdowns and 52 interceptions on the road over five and a half seasons."

Yikes. That's not great, Bob. And the change in Flacco, coupled with the change in general manager (from Ozzie Newsome to Eric DeCosta) gives the Ravens an ample opportunity to make a change at coach as well. It could be a full-blown reboot for Baltimore in that sense.

And it's not as if getting rid of Harbaugh would be a surprise; owner Steve Bisciotti said this offseason he considered making a change. Which is why Harbaugh returning at this point is a long shot.

"It's over. He counts $27 million against the cap next year. There's no more guaranteed money left. It was always over. Even if they didn't draft Lamar Jackson, they would be looking at bringing back Tyrod [Taylor] for a year or looking at the draft," La Canfora pointed out. "So if you're making all those changes and you've already committed to the next GM, I don't see a path to keeping Harbaugh.

"The long shot has always been John Harbaugh coaching the Ravens Week 1 2019."

Maybe the Ravens make a run. They came out of the gate hot this year, playing excellent defense and looking much better on offense thanks to a rejuvenated Joe Flacco and improved corps of wide receivers. But over the last three weeks, things have fallen apart. The Ravens gagged to the Saints at home, got blasted by the Panthers on the road and then handled by the Steelers in a critical home matchup for the division.

They're 4-5, they're reeling and if things don't improve over the second half of the season, they are likely going to be looking for a new head coach.

Find out who else is likely to change coaches and check out our midseason awards by listening to the show in the player above.

I usually look skeptically at 'doomsday' reporting but I'm in agreement with what he said.

Not really so sure Da Costa should stay. But, I'd give him a year just to see if the present management muddle continues or gets better. I don't expect any great turnaround next season. In fact, I think it's time for a fire sale.

It's going to be a long road back.

Now we'll see who the true fans are and how steadfast Bisciotti is in not selling the team.

Wins over the Bengals and Raiders could change everything.

check this out....

. It sets up for a strong finish for Flacco. All eight remaining opponents rank in the bottom half of the NFL in pass defense, including five of the bottom six (Cleveland, Kansas City, Atlanta, Tampa Bay and Cincinnati).........http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/47111/with-jobs-on-line-ravens-seeking-second-half-finishing-touch

Actually I think the Ravens will finish 8-8.

Yet there is still a glimmer of hope. Wins over the Bengals and Raiders put them at 6-5. It will mean they are playing better. Perhaps good enough to beat the Falcons and their poor defense, the Chargers and their poor defense and the Browns.

9-7.

Which may not be good enough for a wild card.

Actually I think the Ravens will finish 8-8.

Yet there is still a glimmer of hope. Wins over the Bengals and Raiders put them at 6-5. It will mean they are playing better. Perhaps good enough to beat the Falcons and their poor defense, the Chargers and their poor defense and the Browns.

9-7.

Which may not be good enough for a wild card.

8-8 is not acceptable. It would just mean that it was yet again another mediocre season. The franchise needs a major re-do. If we want to compete with the best.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/11/11/john-harbaugh-ravens-parting-2019-baltimore-head-coach-joe-flacco-lamar-jackson

Report: John Harbaugh, Ravens Set for 'Mutual Parting of Ways' After 2018

John Harbaugh's tenure in Baltimore could be over after 2018 per CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora, with a "mutual parting of the ways" likely coming in 2019. The 11-year head coach "is not in any jeopardy" of being fired before the end of the season per La Canfora.

Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome is set to be replaced by Eric DeCosta in 2019, and Baltimore faces a "possible roster overhaul" according to La Canfora. With turnover coming in the front office and on the 53-man roster, change is expected to come with the Ravens' head coaching situation as well. Harbaugh has one year left on his contract after 2018.

Harbaugh led the Ravens to the second Super Bowl in franchise history in 2012, winning Super Bowl XLVII over the 49ers. But Baltimore has been inconsistent since hoisting the Lombardi Trophy, going 44–45 over the last six seasons. Harbaugh has won 98 games in 11 seasons with Baltimore, sporting a .580 winning percentage.

Harbaugh is the third coach in Ravens' history. He holds franchise records for wins, winning percentage and playoff victories.