ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Eat Crow

vmax

henrypaynecartoon-sunshinestatenews_156.

... the consensus in preseason power rankings was that it was a fringe playoff team at best.

None of the seven publications had the Ravens in the top 10 of their initial rankings; they were as high as No. 11 and as low as No. 17. The Ravens were ranked behind AFC North rivals Cleveland and Pittsburgh in six of the seven power rankings. The lone exception was NFL.com, which had the Steelers at No. 8, Ravens at No. 11 and Browns at No. 15.

Here’s a look at what some of the publications had to say about the Ravens in their power rankings entering Week 1:

Sporting News (No. 13): “The Ravens are feeling good about their run-heavy offense, but they will be challenged to raise their scoring enough to compensate for the losses of Terrell Suggs, Za'Darius Smith, C.J. Mosley and Tavon Young on defense, even with Earl Thomas arriving to replace Eric Weddle.”

CBS Sports (No. 16): “Their season will be defined by how well Lamar Jackson improves as a passer. There is still a lot of talent on the roster.”

USA Today (No. 17): “Their last preseason loss was in 2015, yet they haven't won a playoff game in that span. Team's timing should improve if Lamar Jackson's does.”

Sports Illustrated (No. 17): “There’s talent on this roster, but the Ravens saw lots of departures, especially on defense, this offseason.” ....https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/late-for-work-1-1-analytics-experts-struggle-to-find-any-ravens-weakness

My guess is the Ravens will garner more respect in the future.

Something has shifted this season and Lamar is a big part of it. Winning and excellent football is part of it. Team character and chemistry is part of it.

We know what it was like to be hated as a result of the Browns move to Baltimore. Right or wrong, the hate was there from the media on down. Until now.

And now, if you are an NFL fan, the Ravens are must see games. It's cool to be a Ravens fan outside of Baltimore. It's OK to praise them. The bandwagon over load is huge nationally.

Their image has changed.

Maybe the perceived sins of the past are forgiven.

We can pull up the threads from most every message board and see for the most part, aside from the ill informed homer picks, not many had this team winning more than 9 games. Few seriously had them winning more than 10, none had them 14 unless they failed a sobriety test...

The media has now gone to this extreme....to the opposite end of the spectrum. Expectations are now sky rocketing. I don't know what to make of it as a Ravens fan.

Check this out....

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28403463/barnwell-guide-2019-nfl-playoffs-how-all-12-teams-win-super-bowl

They can say what they want. It's nice. It's comforting, yet I know I'll be a nervous wreck for every game from here on out.

Why should we be nervous or upset if they lose? We've never seen a season when they've gone 14 & 2.

So what ever happens going forward now, there is no reason to boo nor is there a reason to frown.

Just take it all in, enjoy every win, because no matter what happens the future is about to begin.

4 hours ago, vmax said:

The media has now gone to this extreme....to the opposite end of the spectrum. Expectations are now sky rocketing. I don't know what to make of it as a Ravens fan.

Check this out....

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28403463/barnwell-guide-2019-nfl-playoffs-how-all-12-teams-win-super-bowl

They can say what they want. It's nice. It's comforting, yet I know I'll be a nervous wreck for every game from here on out.

Me too! It's a fun nervous but a nervous nevertheless!

23 hours ago, tsylvester said:

Why should we be nervous or upset if they lose? We've never seen a season when they've gone 14 & 2.

So what ever happens going forward now, there is no reason to boo nor is there a reason to frown.

Just take it all in, enjoy every win, because no matter what happens the future is about to begin.

This is true...but I still will get nervous...but not upset. It was a great year no matter what happens.