ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Titans Game - Early thoughts

varaven45

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Spen said:

So is this where the assholes who predicted bad things post the 'i told you sos' because they are really sad human beings and they think that will impress others?

Nope. Just acting like assholes.

Whose fault is it that they allowed a large segment of players to go 3 weeks with no work?  Young players have to play to stay on point.  I knew Harbs was the weak link and he showed it in spades last night.

No one person nor coach is to blame, call it rust, over confidence, what ever. Players made mistakes, bad play calls, trying to do too much...

Humphries said they choked for the second year in a row. Young player on a YOUNG Team, he got burned too much.

Hosh posh, Tennessee wanted it more, just as the Ravens of 2000 wanted it more when they went in to Tennessee and took the game from them.

You can't win with five turnovers, yes I count the two 4th & 1 or less failures as a turnover. Bad play call on the 4th & inches, should have play actioned passed; would have been six easy. Coach should have known Tennessee was waiting for the read option Lamar special.

Should have done a few things different, Lamar rushing on the first 4th down instead of waiting for Gus to go through. Tennessee exposed Lamar's inability to throw out routes, he is young he will learn.

350 passing yards over 100 yards rushing from your qb you should win that game but the defensive line & backers could not get off blocks, make tackles.

Chuck Clarke was beat like a drum, out of position on numerous plays. Linebackers not making the right read getting fooled on pass plays. Tennessee threw for undwr 100 yards, you have to win that game, but they didn't.

This team over achieved this year, 14-2, 12 in a row. A young team with loads of experience now. Enjoy the season that was, the draft is rich in talent at the positions of need for this team; linebackers, edge rusher, wide out, line depth on both sides.

The offensive line is set, how great is that? How long have we waited for that? Yanda is the only aged one. The secondary is pretty set, young too boot.

Exactly.  A young team got burned.  I knew it was a young team and the coach should have known it too.  That is why they needed reps.

I agree the 4th down plays were turnovers.  Coach went to that well so much this season.  Finally it blew up in his face.  

Had they played hard and well and still lost then so be it.  They didn't even show.

32 minutes ago, papasmurfbell said:

It was lost before it started.  Harbs did not have them ready to beat a really good team.

That's exactly what i knew since last weekend. The Titans are a good team.  I knew they were going to beat the Pats and with that momentum do the same to the Ravens. Our coaches have the same issue in getting their team ready to go and not to come out flat. Only thing is the coach of my team looks a whole hell of lot cooler doing the silly shit. 

Aviators. Chest bump. Fist pump. Cliche' in press conference. 

51 minutes ago, papasmurfbell said:

Whose fault is it that they allowed a large segment of players to go 3 weeks with no work?  Young players have to play to stay on point.  I knew Harbs was the weak link and he showed it in spades last night.

Just answer yes, you're that kind of asshole. 

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/analysis/preston/bs-sp-ravens-titans-coaching-decisions-preston-20200114-zros6exfprh6vmxsu3kmvdjgiu-story.html

I can’t defend Harbaugh or the decision by his offensive coordinator, Greg Roman, to switch the Ravens from a running team to the pass-happy San Diego Chargers of the 1980’s.

The Ravens were clearly outcoached.

By midday Sunday, both Harbaugh and Roman had to be asking themselves why they had abandoned the run so quickly. The Ravens had the best rushing attack in league history, yet halfbacks Mark Ingram II and Gus Edwards carried the ball a combined nine times for 42 yards.

Ingram had a calf injury and his contributions were going to be limited, but Edwards gained 19 yards on his first carry. Then, poof, he disappeared. The Ravens defended him better than the Titans.

I’ve seen this before. Roman did the same thing earlier in the year once the Ravens fell behind against the Kansas City Chiefs. It was clear that the Ravens were going to go pass-happy to open the third quarter Saturday despite only trailing 14-6 at halftime. In the second half, quarterback Lamar Jackson threw 37 passes compared with 22 in the first.

We can blame Roman, but Harbaugh is just as guilty. It’s his team and he could have ordered Roman to stop tossing the ball all over M&T Bank Stadium. Worse yet, Harbaugh was in a similar situation a year ago and waited too long to turn Jackson loose or insert quarterback Joe Flacco in a wild-card loss to the Los Angeles Chargers.

Harbaugh also decided to take a gamble on a fourth-and-1 at the Ravens’ 45 to open the second quarter, and that was terrible. The Ravens got stuffed and the Titans scored on a 45-yard touchdown pass on the next play.

Preston fails to mention that the players looked like they were not ready for the game at all.