ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Titans Game - Early thoughts

varaven45

Tough one to call.   Titans come into this game as an overachieving, hard nosed wild card team with nothing to lose - another one of these “no one gave us a chance to beat anyone” teams.    I don’t like us a 9 or 10 point favorite and the fact we’ve been resting for a week (2 weeks by game time).  

Harbaugh probably doesn’t need to remind the team of the crappy taste in everyone’s mouth after last years bitter loss to the Chargers.  Or how these top seeds are getting their butts kicked.   I’d like to think our guys are focused enough and prepared to avenge last years disappointing loss.  

Tennessee is no joke and its RB Henry is a stud.  This team needs to pull out all the stops and come ready to run roughshod over these guys right out of the gates.

I believe this will be a tough, low scoring game decided by 3 points or less.  Another slobber knocker special ! 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lamar and the Ravens have something to prove also.. They still have last years one and done taste in their mouth. They are now where they want to be to wash it out. They are on a mission too.

They will be fired up and ready.

There are no easy games or opponents in the playoffs. The cream rises to the top. It will be a battle all the way and this is one battle tested team. The defeated the NFL's best. They demolished murders row. They are ready.

3 things concern me. Tannehill, Henry and the foretasted rain. The Titans will try to run all night and make 2-3 big plays through the air. Dean Pees is their DC.

If you look how the Ravens ended the season, the last four games; yes they won but they won ugly with a host of mistakes. All season they have struggled to stop the off tackle runs, the Titans main run scheme.

I hate this match up, their defense is quick-fast in the back 7, just what is needed to slow Lamar's running. 

Titans are terrible on defense in the redzone, great news the Ravens are the best offense there; can they keep drives alive and get there?

Just as keeping Mahomes, Brady, Brees off of the field is important, so too is keeping Henry and our defense off the field

Who makes the most mistakes will stay home. Tannyhill is a decent qb who moves well enough in the pocket. But he can be pressured into picks, confused with coverage. This game scares me most.

All season they have struggled to stop the off tackle runs, the Titans main run scheme.

This concerns me also. It probably holds the biggest key for a Titans win than anything else. The Titans are damn good at running the ball. They have to go with "what brought them here."

In week 4, Chub, who has 46 yards less than Henry, had 20 carries for 165 yards and 3 TD's. He gashed the Ravens. In week 16, the Ravens contained him for 15 carries for 45 yards and 0 TD's. 3 ypc average. I think they have this figured out.

The best defensive plan for the Titans is to keep Lamar off the field by moving the chains and controlling the clock. If they have trouble running and getting first downs, then Tannehill and Brown present issue #2. They are hot.

On the flip side....The Ravens are damn good at running the ball and controlling the clock. 1,000 yards better.  I don't see the Titans D being able to stop them.

"Now you see me. Now you don't"

Lamar.jpg

Tennessee is a fine team and they had a good year. I think the Ravens are easily better though. Better at passing and better at running and better at defense. One never knows but I think the Ravens win by a TD or more.

The Ravens have been very consistent over their streak, consistently playing well. When was the last time they really came close to losing? Some may think that's a negative, but to me it means they have been ready every week.

I'm riding on the focus, confidence and humility of Lamar.  He's determined to avenge last years loss to the Chargers and reach the SB.

While its certainly a team sport, I believe our success Saturday night mostly rides on Lamar's poise, performance and execution.  

Will he perform as he has throughout the season and stay on track ? Time will tell !     

Ten loves to flood the short middle of the field, that is where Lamar loves to throw most of the time. So what will he see open up? Will he throw on time, or will he wait until the receiver breaks open?

Let's hope he is right on time and not too anxious in the pocket..

Extended forecast: It may not rain Saturday night and temps will be in the 60's! :yeah:

Vrabel was asked about how to stop Lamar Jackson. “Other than try and tie his shoelaces together?” :gorave:

B6PVvVRX_bigger.jpg Brett Kollmann @BrettKollmann

Derrick Henry's numbers running outside zone or toss plays in 2019: 126 ATT, 804 YDS (6.4 YPC), 594 YAC (74%), 37 broken tackles, 7 TDs.

The Ravens defense against OZ or Toss this year: 77 ATT, 288 YDS (3.7 YPC), 130 YAC (45%), 8 broken tackles, 2 TD. Terrible matchup for TEN.

:bow:  https://pressboxonline.com/2020/01/07/the-picks-are-in-will-the-ravens-beat-the-titans/

Edited by vmax

It would be great to have Ingram yet I think Gus will be more than enough...

The Ravens have an excellent Plan-B, and the “B” stands for Bus. Gus Edwards is preparing to take on the lead role that he carried into last year’s playoffs, and he’s proven he’s up for the task.

“I’m prepared for whatever they give me. I’m hoping it’s a lot,” Edwards said. “I like to carry the ball. I’ve just got to get my mind ready, my body ready, and I’ll be ready when my name is called.”

56 minutes ago, papasmurfbell said:

Its not Ingram vs Gus that worries me.  It is Gus vs Hill that I think is concerning.  Also Gus cant run the RPO like Ingram.  Gus in a north south runner.  Ingram is more improvisational.

Some good points for sure. But I think the Ravens still win 24-17 if Ingram can’t go. Lamar will still spark the team and the Titans just won’t have quite enough. If Ingraham plays the score won’t be as close. 

I don’t think anybody here is under the illusion that it’ll be anything less than a slobber knocker. The Titans come in as an overachieving, grind it out, got nothing to lose wild card team -  sounds a little familiar to us homers on here, right ? 

With a couple dinged up key guys,  a little rust on Lamar, we should fully expect this thing to go down to the wire.  Ball control and mistake free football will be the keys to the victory.   Which team of ours shows up ?  Who knows But I sure hope we’re hosting that AFC championship game next weekend. 

Who is this man?

3975763.png&w=350&h=254

He's the Titans kicker. He's never kicked a FG in the NFL.

He's Greg "Shades of Al Del Grecco" Joseph.

Let's hear what x-Titans HC Jeff Fishee has to say about this kicker:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-8dz9PH4w71xTkkrm8nu "Well....Anthony Mitchel and Keith Washington are retired, so he'll be fine."