ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens/Bengals

vmax

81.6% win probability. Ravens favored by 13.5 points. :gorave:

I don't see it being that lop sided now that the Bengals have Burrow. Note:

With 1,121 passing yards in four games, Burrow is on track to break Andrew Luck's record for the most by a rookie (4,374)....https://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/32536/keeping-bengals-joe-burrow-comfortable-key-to-his-early-success

They have a decent rushing attack with Mixon and Bernard. One huge key is containing Mixon who ran for 151 yards and 2 TD's and caught a pass for another. Queen has work to do....the D line too!

"When they ran the ball, it was basically just, 'See ball, get ball,'" Queen said. :laugh:

Queen led the Ravens with a staggering 12 tackles, including nine solo and three for loss. He played 80 percent of the defensive snaps. That is stuffing the box score.

Queen is now tied for 14th in the NFL in tackles so far this season. He and fellow first-round inside linebacker Kenneth Murray Jr. (Los Angeles Chargers) both have 33. But Queen has four tackles for loss, one sack and one forced fumble while Murray has just one tackle for loss among those categories.....https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/patrick-queen-rebounded-by-destroying-a-washington-running-back

Nevertheless it could be a "one way" game. The Bengal defense surrendered 25 points to the Jaguars and the Ravens have a ridiculous winning record against rookie QB's. Something like 16-2 and they have the best home record against rookie QB's since 1996. We'll see how the Bengal defense does against Lamar and Co. I'm looking for some more Lamar highlight reel plays. :thumbup:

APTOPIX_Ravens_Bengals_Football_68147.jp

Team Stats

cin.png&h=100&w=100 bal.png&h=100&w=100
Points Per Game 24.8 30.5
Points Allowed Per Game 24.8 18.3
Total Yards 391.0 359.0
Yards Passing 280.3 198.3
Yards Rushing 110.8 160.8
Yards Allowed 409.3 388.3:gorave:
Pass Yards Allowed 250.8 290.8
Rush Yards Allowed 158.5 97.5

Look out for Fire Quote:

“Man, we have to do a lot better,” Jackson told Humphrey while the Ravens wrapped up a 31-17 victory at Washington. "We should be coming off the field with our touchdowns,” Jackson said. "That’s why I was down for real.”

A few words from our good friend John Eisenberg:

But there was little doubt things would be different in 2020 after those defensive coordinators had an entire offseason to study the Ravens' methodology. And boy, are things ever different.Please note, the Ravens are also ranked No. 3 in rushing yards per game and No. 7 in points per game, and they have a 3-1 record, so plenty is still going right. "It's still early in the season. We just have to keep pushing, keep grinding, keep playing Ravens ball," Jackson said. "It's only going to make us battle-hardened," Andrews said. "To continue to play through that, and learn and grow as a unit, we're going to be good.".....https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/eisenberg-the-chess-game-is-on

Somethings to look for:

Can Lamar get the timing and accuracy down on the deep ball with Brown. Can he get it together with Boykin? He needs to. Andrews can't be his only play maker.

Will Duverney see more time and production? Where's Snead this year?

Can the Ravens find their hot hand, #1 RB and keep feeding him? The trio thing is not working....then again the O line is a ghost from last seasons. Can they take a step forward?

Can the defense cover the middle of the field?

Can RG3 do a better Lamar impersonation than the 3 carries for 3 yards performance last week? Yea...and the 0-1 passing that was an Int?images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPRdCrDTOefsQE8J-f0fG

Will we see some more of this?

USATSI_13510631_168384674_lowres.jpg?w=9

And finally....when will they generate consistent pressure and sacks? When?!

Here's hoping the Ravens go to 4-1 (better than last year) and take another step forward toward solidifying their Team identity for the 2020 season.

gettyimages-1175595292.jpg?w=1000&h=600&

Edited by vmax

I don't think we have the horses to generate a non-blitz pass rushing attack. It's been this way since T-Sizzle started to slide. There is no one rushing the passer who puts fear into them. And we won't be able to do anything about it until after the season ends unless they want to make a trade which I doubt.

From Prisco....a long time Raven hater....

Cincinnati Bengals at Baltimore Ravens (-13)

This will be Joe Burrow against that attacking, blitzing defense of the Ravens. He's been good so far, but can he and his line hold up here? I don't think they can. Lamar Jackson will have a field day against the Bengals defense. This won't be pretty. 

Pick: Ravens 37, Bengals 21...........https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/pete-priscos-nfl-week-5-odds-picks-cowboys-get-right-and-rout-giants-steelers-roll-over-eagles/

Sun scouting report...

PREDICTION: The Bengals have become a more dangerous opponent with Burrow at quarterback and a talented group of skill players around him. But they’ve yet to play a team on the Ravens' level, and their weaknesses in pass blocking and run defense will make it hard for them to spring an upset. Expect a few nervous moments in the second half before the home team pulls away. Ravens 30, Bengals 20...............https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-scouting-report-bengals-20201008-zpd2pi2q2nax5hqd4yfpm6oyxy-story.html

Bengals_Ravens_Football_77223-1880x1254.

Edited by vmax

I'm getting very concerned about Lamar's health.

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Baltimore Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson didn't practice Thursday, marking the first time in his three-year career that he has missed back-to-back practices in the regular season.

Jackson, the reigning NFL MVP, is dealing with a knee injury heading into Sunday's game against the Cincinnati Bengals. A source told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Wednesday that it is not considered serious.

"It kind of falls into the 'It is what it is' category," Ravens offensive coordinator Greg Roman said before Thursday's practice. "It's just part of life of what we do. That's just how it goes and you make the best of it.".....https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30070970/baltimore-ravens-qb-lamar-jackson-knee-misses-practice-again

Nice "no Answer" by Roman. :scared:

Yea tsylvl...I have no faith in RG3. Give me Trace.