ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens/Bengals

vmax

We are used to seeing the high scoring machine of 2019. The 2020 model is about 60% of that. Defenses have adjusted and have decent schemes to contain Lamar. They know he's only going to go to Andrews and Brown. Double the 2 of them, stack the box and now you have seriously limited the Ravens offense.

:cop:

Alert! Alert!!!

Bengals S Jessie Bates III

(on Baltimore TE Mark Andrews hurting them early, and the Bengals quieting him later)

"It's just as simple as not letting him get the ball. We know where Lamarwants to go; either'15'[Marquise Brown] or'89'[MarkAndrews]. It showed up today as well. That's all he was really throwing to, was'15'or'89.'We didn't make the plays where it was at that point in time."

(on trying to make Jackson throw outside the numbers)

"That's what we knew coming into the game. [Andrews] gets the ball in the middle of the field, and that's where all their completions come from. So, we're packing the middle of the field for sure. [Jackson] threw it outside the numbers, but unfortunately,we got off to a slow start."

(on how they were able to shut down Andrews after the first quarter)

"He's Lamar's go-to target. I think everyone knows that, especially in the red zone. So, we needed to adjust to that, knowing where he's going to be, Lamar is going to be looking for him. Like I said, I think we adjusted to that in the second half."........https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/what-the-bengals-said-about-ravens-defense

All that aside....they are #9 in points scored and the D is #1 in points surrendered.

You can get to the playoffs with those numbers...yet they will be knocked out fast if this offense doesn't develop. There is too much talent for it to continue to be this erratic. They have to figure it out fast because after Philly looms the gauntlet of Pittsburgh, Indy, Patriots, Titans, Pittsburgh. 5 key games. Similar to the "Murders Row" that they traveled down around the same point of the season last year.

Lamar was off due to not practicing last week and some knee issue. It looks like Roman did not want Lamar to run. He figured "Let's get an ugly win and live to play for another day." Mission accomplished. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1WbCIkcPiA3L_66BqqIF "His best thinking to not run! is fast becoming a deep cosmic mystery, buried in a black hole, beyond sight and sound...beyond frigging mind!!!"

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Screw having an identity! Screw building upon or maintaining the 2019 #1 rushing offense! Who needs 206 yards per game!!!!!  I can hear Roman's thinking..."I'll get even with Eric and not play his #1 pick in the draft Dobbins. Can't have 1 carry for 34 yard over shadow my 'make Lamar look like Brady passing game' !"

Let's throw! To 2 guys! How many catches did Boykin and Snead have?!... 0! OK...they block. Defenses are good with that. :huh: ........EVERY TIME DUVERNEY TOUCHES THE BALL HE MAKES PLAYS!!!! Do Not Use HIM!!!!!!!!! Because Andy Reed would have started him day 1.

The defense is coming along. Great stats. Look who they played! They better not get all comfy in a warm pile of shit because there's a tsunami of games coming up....not OC waves....Wiamea Bay shit like waves! splash-the-eddie-mike-coots.jpg

But damn! Humphrey is amazing. Pay attention. Players don't have too many seasons like he's having. This is something special that is happening.

Queen is getting better every week. My brother and I commented "Ray Lew Jr."......not to put a curse on him. The man is a baller.

We had a McPhee sighting. Great game Very disciplined. .5 solo tackles, 1 sack. 4 QB hits. 1 tackle for a loss. Not too shabby.  Now can he do this against the big boys? Fergusen solid game. He keeps getting better. Elliot, Clark, Peters, Smith...good show! :gorave: Even Orlando Brown Jr had a tackle! :thumbup:...on Lamar's INT. :nono:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwLe6-qUfT173ePlRSXeG "OK....Ok... time to calm down. 4-1. Love it! You play who's on the schedule....not their fault....we're a little spoiled....and just remember: fans of the Yets, Falcons, Jaguars, Bengals, Texans, Chargers, Broncos, Vikings, Lions, 49ers, and the whole NFC East division! :bleh::cop: would love to have their team competing and playing like the Ravens. But alas...their eyes burn....their minds hurt. Let us be sympathetic and send them a card with our best wishes....

il_794xN.2159117355_3id3.jpg

Edited by vmax

21 hours ago, GrubberRaven said:

Ha don't buy that.  Roman is getting cute.  Lamar is obsessed with playing as a non mobile QB...its in his head and he's over thinking.

Yeah,  I'm going to come down on the side of not believing in curses too.  

I'm not worried, yet. 5 games in - I think he's played good in 3 of them.  First half Sunday he was decent. If ahead by a lot in any games coming up soon,  I'd keep passing.  Try to work it out.