ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens/Eagles

vmax

I 'll take the win any way they can get it but yea....this was ugly, sloppy ball.

5-1....:gorave:

The o line tried real hard to kill drives with 587 penalties.  The D gave up way too many big plays.

It's like they went up 17-0 and the team said  "Ok....we 've done enough. Let's take it easy." If Wentz's receivers did better at catching the ball this would be a loss. If the Eagles don't go for the 2 point conversion on their first TD this game is in over time.

It was 24-6...then they went brain dead....😴  asleep.

There's a lot to be concerned about. A lot to get corrected during the bye. 

Max, I honestly think the defense faltering in the 4th was all due to ; their heavy, relentless hunting pass rush and two- no offensive time of possession to keep the defese rested.

This close game was all on the offense, Lamar costing them 3 pts by taking a sack and pushing them out of field goal range. Even just those 3 pts and there is no butt clinching at the end.

Phili was using practice squad players on defense and nobody could get open?

The play calling was so inconsistent that they could not establish a running game nor ward off a pass rush. Lamar bailing out of the pocket after hitting his 3rd step with no pressure on him?

Receivers running routes 2 yards from each other? Were they running them too fast, too slow, too deep, too shallow?

I thought maybe Lamar's touchdown run would snap him back into the passer of last year, but nope... Another game of 50% completion rate, less than 170 yards in air.

Yes a win is great but man is this offense, from play calling to execution a total mess

Actually, yes. Three scores from a short field, one short drive ended with no points on a sack that took the team out of field goal range.

As I stated at the time of it happening, 3 mins left in the 3rd quarter, still a substantial lead, the offense sputters, gives the Iggles the ball back with a minute & a half left in the quarter.

No time consuming drives in the 4th.

Also as I said, the massive pass rush really takes a lot of energy. A great example of being tired was when a "hail mary pass" was completed between Peters and Humphries; neither man had the engery left in their legs to play the ball, jump high..

You can be elated for the win, but this offense is clearly struggling to control the ball.

Agreed.  Offense hasn't quite discovered its mojo - yet,  Last year's O was special and historic.  That was last year.

This O has to rediscover a new mojo for 2020.   Fortunately, we have a bye week and 3/4 of the season to figure it out.

Who knows, maybe GRO figures it out, we make some adjustment and team starts to peaks in December/January.

Lets see where this all goes !  

7 hours ago, varaven45 said:

Agreed.  Offense hasn't quite discovered its mojo - yet,  Last year's O was special and historic.  That was last year.

This O has to rediscover a new mojo for 2020.   Fortunately, we have a bye week and 3/4 of the season to figure it out.

Who knows, maybe GRO figures it out, we make some adjustment and team starts to peaks in December/January.

Lets see where this all goes !  

They certainly are not where they were last year and they certainly need to improve - but they were pretty solid yesterday. Certainly better than the defense was as a whole.

Luckily they won and are 5-1 so they have some time to figure things out.

There's a lot of places where we can point the finger, but like Spen said, they did score 30 points.

Off topic but did you see Flacco taking a 28 yard sack? I felt better about the Ravens current situation after that. Glad those days with their problems are gone Give Joe credit...he's won a ton of playoff games and a Super Bowl. Lamar has 0.

d51d53b0-0359-4bbb-9c47-197ca4f06166.jpgPreston says:

Are the Ravens elite? Nope.

They are just an above-average team in a below-average league. They can’t afford to get overconfident or cocky or they will end up getting eliminated early in the playoffs, like they did last season in a divisional-round loss against the Tennessee Titans.

If any team had learned a lesson from how last season ended, it should have been the Ravens. But apparently a severe case of amnesia set in during the second half of Sunday’s game......

Six games into the season, I thought this Ravens team would look more like the one that finished the regular season 14-2 in 2019. Instead, they just look like a team good enough to beat up on the bad ones, but not good enough to go the distance.

So far, it looks a lot like a repeat of the previous two years............https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/analysis/preston/bs-pr-sp-preston-ravens-instant-replay-20201019-i43kofplrndzfdwow3q5rfy7we-story.html

That may be true for now. That's how they looked when they were 4-2 last year. They had a tough schedule coming up and didn't lose a game until the playoffs. There is too much talent on this team. I think they will get it together.:gorave:

I think the answers to all these questions will all come out in the Pittsburgh game. Can the Offense run the ball and run time consuming drives especially when ahead? Is Lamar 2020 as good as Lamar 2019? Will the receivers get open? Can the defense stand up for 4 quarters against an elite team? Can the Ravens beat an elite team? 

I don't know what the answers will be. This team,  this year is a mystery but we all will find out soon enough---two days before the election when another big unknown gets answered (maybe).

I can still see this team losing several games - 4 or 5 - and still making a run. 

Who really cares if we go 14-2 ?  We obviously aren't and maybe we don t need to.

What this team needs is to find its identity, its mojo on offense and defense - during the second half of the season.

Who we beat now, while important in the final standings, isnt as important as how strong we finish in December. 

Playing complimentary football, establishing an O, Lamar rediscovering his true game and defense playing Raven football.

Thats what I'm looking for; if it doesnt happen until  last 4-5 games of season, so be it ! 

5 hours ago, vmax said:

There's a lot of places where we can point the finger, but like Spen said, they did score 30 points.

Off topic but did you see Flacco taking a 28 yard sack? I felt better about the Ravens current situation after that. Glad those days with their problems are gone Give Joe credit...he's won a ton of playoff games and a Super Bowl. Lamar has 0.

d51d53b0-0359-4bbb-9c47-197ca4f06166.jpgPreston says:

That may be true for now. That's how they looked when they were 4-2 last year. They had a tough schedule coming up and didn't lose a game until the playoffs. There is too much talent on this team. I think they will get it together.:gorave:

I saw this yesterday. It was time to move on but he had a good run here. 

20201019_224042.thumb.jpg.3076f6c3cfdbad8b2d0cd54bd2b44aa3.jpg

The Ravens have a really good team,  but one with some weaknesses - like most of the teams. With one of the league's best coaches they should figure things out.

Steelers look great they could be trouble. Barring injury or a player developing quickly - talent wise i think the Ravens trail the Chiefs.....

Edited by Spen

LOL!  Joe has his hat in the ring...:fishin:

Flacco finished the postseason having completed 73-of-126 (57.9 percent) passes for 1,140 yards with 11 touchdowns and zero interceptions, tying Montana and Kurt Warner for the most touchdowns in a single postseason and additionally tying Montana for the most touchdowns without an interception in a single postseason.

Was Joe Flacco’s playoff career more elite than we realize? -More Wins (10) than Brees (8) -Better Win% (.667) than Peyton (.519) -More Pass TD (25) than Aikman (23) -Better QB Rate (88.6) than Steve Young (85.8) -More YPA (7.2) than Brady (7.0) -Fewer INT (10) than Rodgers (12)

giphy.gif