ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Sinking in...

vmax

Max,  it undoubtedly will.  That's ok - its the year of the pandemic.

Regardless of who wins - there wont be too much celebrating anywhere.

Besides, this team has mucho holes to fill and coaching adjustments to make.

Plus, Lamar needs at least another year to learn/read NFL defenses. 

3 minutes ago, tsylvester said:

Time to start looking at the draft; what holes to fill with limited draft picks. With a tight cap and little money to spend, the drafts will be key.

I'll pass on that until February,

Until then I'm going to keep looking for something good...d1c9e6c1-ca75-4e8c-8f0e-eb085a77c271-1.j

Good Morning! 611a94e9f3c6d06bc8cdaf31f0f3807f.jpg

I'm giving myself today, probably not the whole day, to get over this loss (which most of us saw coming.)  Then it's on to Thursday night Steelers game.

After all, even though it's very disappointing, it's only a game, a temporary distraction, in a real world with real troubles and issues. Yes...a Ravens win would certainly pump up the energy and take the edge off these difficult times that we are living in, yet this season is not over. The outlook that I see is that by Sunday night the Ravens will be 6-5. MV5BYjcwNjc4N2QtZmUwOS00NzM1LWIzNmMtZTJi "I see the Ravens running the table after that." Cowboys, Browns, Jaguars, Giants and Bengal.s It's "doable." There remains too much talent on this team to flop and cave in.

Will 11-5 be enough? We'll see.

oldno...your son and family are in my thoughts.

2 hours ago, vmax said:

Good Morning! 611a94e9f3c6d06bc8cdaf31f0f3807f.jpg

I'm giving myself today, probably not the whole day, to get over this loss (which most of us saw coming.)  Then it's on to Thursday night Steelers game.

After all, even though it's very disappointing, it's only a game, a temporary distraction, in a real world with real troubles and issues. Yes...a Ravens win would certainly pump up the energy and take the edge off these difficult times that we are living in, yet this season is not over. The outlook that I see is that by Sunday night the Ravens will be 6-5. MV5BYjcwNjc4N2QtZmUwOS00NzM1LWIzNmMtZTJi "I see the Ravens running the table after that." Cowboys, Browns, Jaguars, Giants and Bengal.s It's "doable." There remains too much talent on this team to flop and cave in.

Will 11-5 be enough? We'll see.

oldno...your son and family are in my thoughts.

Thanks, Max...he is in the hospital awaiting the OR as I write this.

• 2 weeks later...

A little hope from the opposition....

Ravens Loss 'Wouldn't Finish Them Off'

The Ravens have had the odds stacked against them this season, but one Pittsburgh media member isn't counting them out of the playoff hunt even if they lose on Wednesday.

"[T]hat wouldn't be ideal for the Ravens, but don't kid yourself — it wouldn't finish them off," The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's Paul Zeise wrote. "I actually think it wouldn't even put them on the brink of being finished. There are just too many variables and factors that are in their favor. They aren't just going to wilt away meekly; they are actually still going to be very much alive and kicking."

A loss against the Steelers would eliminate the Ravens from the AFC North race, but a wild-card spot is still in play.

Zeise believes Ravens are still one or the best three or four teams in the AFC once they get back to full strength from their COVID-19 outbreak.

"The Ravens' roster is better than that of the Browns, Colts and Dolphins, and those are three teams ahead of them in the AFC playoff chase," Zeise wrote. "I don't buy any of those three teams as being able to continue to hold off the Ravens because I think all three are flawed.

"The Ravens are better than all three of those teams and should be able to move past them. The Ravens also beat the Colts and already beat the Browns once (and a sweep is very likely), so they would hold the tiebreakers over those two teams. That all seems to favor the Ravens and their ability to make a playoff push in the final five games."

Not only could health benefit the Ravens, but so should their schedule. After the Steelers, four of their last five games come against teams with losing records.

There's a good chance the Ravens could finish the season at 11-5 or 10-6, which should be enough to earn them a wild-card spot in an expanded playoff field. And an experienced John Harbaugh-led team would be a difficult matchup in the postseason, no matter the year..........https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/late-for-work-12-2-predictions-for-ravens-vs-steelers

Mike's thinking the same way....

It makes perfect sense to get everybody healthy and prepare for the stretch run.

For the Ravens (6-5), the magic number is 11 wins, which almost guarantees a postseason berth. After the Cowboys, the Ravens face the Cleveland Browns, Jacksonville Jaguars, New York Giants and Cincinnati Bengals. Only the Browns (8-3) have a winning record, but they are still unpredictable.

The Cowboys are 3-8, the Jaguars are 1-10, the Giants are 4-7 and the Bengals are 2-8-1. In the NFL, sometimes the best teams get on a roll at the end of the season, and the Ravens have that opportunity. Teams want that momentum heading into the postseason, and the Ravens should have the nucleus of their team back by next week.......https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/analysis/preston/bs-pr-sp-ravens-steelers-preston-20201203-dpqfrohpfrhuzg3vz6o5s3jxqu-story.html

tsyl said it best. Let's take this one game at a time now. The Ravens have not earned a playoff spot, so looking ahead and thinking they will roll over the "WEAK" competition is not wise. We just witnessed a depleted Ravens roster, with no practice, almost take down the undefeated Steelers. This is the NFL....anything...strange things, can and do happen. And this is one strange unpredictable season.

Yet running that table is the goal. One game at a time.

For me as a fan, I'm excited. The remaing schedule looks like "must wins." 5 of them in a row. Let's take them one at a time and hope momentum builds. Hope this team plays to their potential down the stretch.

Once again the Ravens have meaningful games in December. :gorave: ...all a fan can ask for.

Next up: Mexico's Team.

Love the way my guys fight. We are gonna be just fine! Just gotta get healthy and then earn the right.:thumbup:

Edited by vmax

Max, I don't stay up to watch night games any more, sleep as I've said is more important. However, I am very curious to see how this team rebounds against Dallas. While curiosity killed the cat, a little lost sleep next week won't hurt me.... There is clearly reason for optimism in this team moving forward, 5 loses, 4 of them winable with one less mistake, yeah, bring it baby....

15 hours ago, vmax said:

oldno...how's your son?

Thanks for asking. We're still in Cleveland at the Cleveland Clinic. His progress since the op has been slow. Today they're going back in to clean up some stuff. We are hoping and praying this is the end of the bad news.

Doing everything I can to distract myself since only one visitor (his Mom) is allowed. 

Glad the board is here.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, oldno82 said:

Thanks for asking. We're still in Cleveland at the Cleveland Clinic. His progress since the op has been slow. Today they're going back in to clean up some stuff. We are hoping and praying this is the end of the bad news.

Doing everything I can to distract myself since only one visitor (his Mom) is allowed. 

Glad the board is here.

Hang in there, best wishes.

Update on the Race.....

At 6-5, it’s looking increasingly likely that the Ravens need to sweep their next five opponents — the Dallas Cowboys (3-8), Cleveland Browns (9-3), Jacksonville Jaguars (1-11), New York Giants (5-7) and Cincinnati Bengals (2-9-1) — to guarantee themselves a postseason berth. They should have the reigning Most Valuable Player back soon, as quarterback Lamar Jackson is reportedly expected to return from the reserve/COVID-19 list to start Tuesday night’s game against the Cowboys.

As a reminder, ties between two teams are first decided by head-to-head results. The Ravens have beaten the Colts, have lost to the Titans and Patriots, and will face the Browns again on Dec. 14 after defeating Cleveland in the season opener. If head-to-head results aren’t applicable, the tiebreaker would be the best win percentage in conference games, followed by the best win percentage in common games, with a minimum of four.

Here’s a look at the AFC playoff picture through Sunday’s games:

In the hunt

1. Steelers (11-0, vs. Washington)

2. Chiefs (11-1, W)

3. Bills (8-3, at 49ers)

4. Titans (8-4, L)

5. Browns (9-3, W)

6. Dolphins (8-4, W)

7. Colts (8-4, W)

On the bubble

8. Raiders (7-5, W)

9. Ravens (6-5, vs. Cowboys)

10. Patriots (6-6, W)

nfl-st.-louis-rams-baltimore-ravens-1.jp

I don't know what to expect from the Browns team, arguably our most difficult upcoming opponent. They were on the verge of blowing out the Titans but 'decided' to make it a close game. One thing I'll say: Cleveland's team has more talent on it than ours by a long shot. If they get their act together, watch out!