ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens sign Zeitler

tsylvester

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was an interview on the Fan with Harbaugh and he spoke that the O is designed around Lamar and his abilities and I felt like he kind of threw Lamar under the bus there...so I'm not sure who to take.  I know you're a fan of Roman, but his O's have a history of failing after year 2/3...

13 hours ago, tsylvester said:

NFL Trade Rumors: Ravens Rework DL Calais Campbell & DT Brandon Williams' Deals, Create $4.5M Of Cap Room.
https://nfltraderumors.co/ravens-rework-dl-calais-campbell-dt-brandon-williams-deals-create-4-5m-of-cap-room

A move is on the move. I hope it isn't Watkins, no speed, often injured, lacks focus on easy passes...

From what I read, this was done last week.  The amount saved helped sign Wolfe, which I see as respect from Campbell and Williams to retain him.

19 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

When you throw 16-25 times a game for 160-280 yds that is not amazing.  But then tack on the ypa of 5-6 yds Nd it looks much worse.

So blame the QB and not the game design?  Supporting cast?

We've all complained about the route combinations used in this offense for, well, ever. Receivers failing to get open, or atleast appearing so... Then the all 22 came out for us to view, and in them, we can see the timing between when a Ravens' qb has time amd when a receiver should break open, if, when at all.

What we do not know is what the progession is on each play, so being an objective observer is often difficult.

Yes, I, we have seen when Lamar has had time, a snap and throw route, when he either didn't trust the wr to get open or didn't see that the wr should be open. We cannot know if he was suppose to see the right read we did or just didn't trust the read.

It's no secret around the league, around the fan base that the Ravens have never had a top talent wr crop, but then, nor have they had a great passing qb, or have and have not built a line to protect him.

Other teams get high milage out of lesser known wr's, NE, Seattle, to name two. The qb's are great, the lines were solid, the route combinations looked better than what we see here.

This year Lamar has to prove he can throw, on time, accurate, and not just shallow crossing routes nor roll outs to same side oit routes or jump balls.

Those are the routes teams in the playoffs sit on and why this team can't move forward.

6 hours ago, GrubberRaven said:

From what I read, this was done last week.  The amount saved helped sign Wolfe, which I see as respect from Campbell and Williams to retain him.

And now Stone, meh. Nice of each guy to help out, love bringing Wolfe back and his remarks on what the team is kooking for in a player.

18 hours ago, tsylvester said:

Other teams get high mileage out of lesser known wr's, NE, Seattle, to name two. The qb's are great, the lines were solid, the route combinations looked better than what we see here.

This year Lamar has to prove he can throw, on time, accurate, and not just shallow crossing routes nor roll outs to same side oit routes or jump balls.

Those are the routes teams in the playoffs sit on and why this team can't move forward.

I agree.

If they can make significant progress on this, then they become a legit SB contender.

The Ravens run game is a QB's dream. Teams have to stack the box. The 'big play through the air' is there all day. This is an OC's Dream!

Because of Henry, look what Tannehill can do with only one good receiver in AJ Brown. 33 TD's, 7 INT's and 106.5 QB rating.

Lamar finished at a decent 26 TD's passing and 9 INT's for a respectable, but not great, 99.5 QB rating. He was sacked 29 times. His 7 rushing TD's matches Tannehill's 7.

The Ravens finished 7th in scoring...not so bad. Titan's 4th.

Image result for lamar jackson photos "I know...I know. Nobody wants this more than me. Now...Truss."

2 minutes ago, GrubberRaven said:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">When talking about if Lamar Jackson is unfairly criticized, Marcellus Wiley hits the nail right on the head <a href="https://t.co/e9iXY72DpN">pic.twitter.com/e9iXY72DpN</a></p>&mdash; Kevin Oestreicher (@koestreicher34) <a href="https://twitter.com/koestreicher34/status/1374398667084296195?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 23, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

You need to redo this post.