ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens sign Zeitler

tsylvester

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, GrubberRaven said:

Dolphins out there trading away 1st round pics like they're nothing!

Not a bad hall for them, do they go wide out from Bama or tight end from Florida?

Man, over paying for Watkins is a real bad sign... I hope he pans out...

1 hour ago, GrubberRaven said:

Is it really that bad a deal?  1 year for a couple mil.  Played his best ball under these coaches elsewhere and with Travis Taylor.  Who knows?

Na, not that bad of a deal, they really had no choice in the guarantee money, though I would have liked that to be incentive based, not that he would go for that deal.

He is just not as quick & fast as he used to be, injuries, age have slowed him, his hands are all based on how focussed he is...

I would think he will likely be like Lee Evans was when he was here a few years ago; one dropped game winning touchdown pass away from likely a super bowl victory... All because he lost focussed on the ball for his feet..

Watkins needs a true # 1 opposite him, maybe Brown is ready this year..

Oh and I never, ever wish injury on anyone; I've been stretchered off of a field before, not a great feeling. Papa & I were joshing around.

Solid addition. I'm good with this assessment..............now they don't have to draft a WR in the 1st round unless a really good one is there.

While Brown and Andrews may continue to be Jackson's favorite go-to weapons, the hope is that Watkins will be a consistent third option in the passing game. When opponents rotate their defensive schemes toward containing Brown or Andrews, Watkins could see plenty of single coverage, giving him room to operate and take advantage of his run-after-catch skills.

Watkins has the size (6-foot-1, 205 pounds) and athleticism to catch throws even when covered tightly. The Ravens have run the football more than any NFL team the past two seasons, but when they face third-and-long situations, they need to make first downs more consistently with their passing game. Watkins isn't the deep threat he once was, but he does his best work running intermediate routes. When Jackson is forced to throw into tight windows, the Ravens hope Watkins can come up with contested catches that sustain drives.How Sammy Watkins can help the Baltimore Ravens

Big Game Experience

The Ravens don't shy away from their Super Bowl aspirations, and Watkins is used to that mindset coming from Kansas City. He thrived in some big moments with the Chiefs during their Super Bowl run during the 2019 season. He had 10 catches for 114 yards and a touchdown in the AFC Championship game against the Tennessee Titans. Then in Super Bowl LIV, Watkins helped seal the victory with six catches for 98 yards, including a key 38-yard reception in the fourth quarter after he made a sweet move against San Francisco 49ers cornerback Richard Sherman. Watkins' ability to shine in clutch situations should not be discounted. The Ravens have made the playoffs the past three years, but their passing attack has been stifled in their last three postseason defeats. If the Ravens can make it back to the playoffs with a healthy Watkins, he gives them another player capable of sparking their offense with a key play at the right time.How Sammy Watkins can help the Baltimore Ravens

Yea...he's got to stay healthy.

I think he'll love playing with Lamar...get a second wind to his career. :gorave:

On 3/29/2021 at 5:05 PM, vmax said:

Solid addition. I'm good with this assessment..............now they don't have to draft a WR in the 1st round unless a really good one is there.

Yea...he's got to stay healthy.

I think he'll love playing with Lamar...get a second wind to his career. :gorave:

Its a good deal. Not a long term nor a big salary. Hopefully it works out, if not no big deal.