ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Harbs signs new contract

cravnravn

Max,

Good post. Harbs is winning - that you cant argue. But can/will he elevate the team to the next level ?

What next level?? We are there, we kicked the lion in his freekin teeth Championship weekend, we just didnt scream like a banshee and spear the sumbitch..

I dont get all this doubt Ive been reading since the season ended..It must be in the gene's also, because as a Baltimore Football Fan, Ive never experienced this much success, consecutively..And to know we are doing this with a QB thats going to be our franchise for years & years well that suits me fine.

I'd hate to see this town if we throw a Bungle like decade together, or if we did you would understand why irsay left.

Max who is the other HC.. I guess the first one was a former Baltimore Colt coach.

Belicheat and Coughlan.

They would be boring as shit for interviews but they are the best at game planning. They generally and consistantly win the chess matches with opposing HC's.

What goes with the HC is the coaching staff. The Ravens have been very adept at having great talent there. Of course the league consistantly raids it, so I worry about how deep/thin it's getting.

Max,

Good post. Harbs is winning - that you cant argue. But can/will he elevate the team to the next level ?

What next level?? We are there, we kicked the lion in his freekin teeth Championship weekend, we just didnt scream like a banshee and spear the sumbitch..

Crav, the elite level (i.e. NE, Pitsburgh) which wins multiple SBs in a decade. We are notch below, albeit a respectable notch, but still have work to be done.

I dont get all this doubt Ive been reading since the season ended..It must be in the gene's also, because as a Baltimore Football Fan, Ive never experienced this much success, consecutively..And to know we are doing this with a QB thats going to be our franchise for years & years well that suits me fine.

I'd hate to see this town if we throw a Bungle like decade together, or if we did you would understand why irsay left.

Max,

This post makes more sense than most these days.

Max,

I agree with you, Crav, and lets face it---at SOME point we are going to have a losing season or two. Do we shoot everybody then?

No. You understand that it is a rebuilding process. Had they done this in the past then I think you would be ready for a major run.

But they have been rebuilding just like Pats, Steelers and Indy. Since 2001 they have done that, and competing.

If you take away Ed, Ray, Gregg, Mason, Heap and Birk, replace them the next two years, we will have a pretty young team, but not that young, and we migth still have key players like Joe, Rice, Boldin, Oher, Grubbs, Dickson, Pitta, Ngata, Cody, Suggs, Foxworth and Webb, some of them are already there, some will rise others likely not, however those pieces should make us competing. We have 14-15 draftpicks in the starting line up, that seems to me like a pretty good indication that something is working well.

What is a major run really? Brady without PO wins in the last 3 seasons, Steelers who is in the SB, then next year out of PO and then in SB again, or Peyton who only has one SB, despite dominating their division for more than a decade.

31 other teams likes to have some of the cake.

No I don't think they have been rebuilding. They have been heavy in the the FA market. Birk is old and Jason Brown is young.

As to the Pats I have said it before. After 2007 and running 18-0 and losing in the SB they have been revamping that D. They are super young but will be very good starting next yr I think. They traded off guys like Seymour, and let other old guys leave. They have picks til the cows come home because of all their moves.

The Squeelers are a sustained group. They never hold onto guys who are expensive. They have always done that. They have 2 rings and 3 time placed in the SB in the last 7 or so yrs.

Indy is a joke. Manning is overrated. If you want a stat machine he is your guy. If you want rings he isn't your guy. The won his D and running game won for him I think will be his one and only.

Joe - I think is solid and can win a SB. I just don't think he is a super star.

Rice - Is young now. By the time they fix the problems of this team I figure he will be old and either on his way out or they will hold onto him and wish for the best.

Boldin - Not ours. He was drafted elsewhere so this is not a rebuilding move. I love him as a WR though. Maybe if Cam learns to use him. he can do much better.

Oher - I think he is great. I still think he might be able to play LT. One yr of starting doesn't show me he is bad.

Grubbs - We will see. I like him but he is not living up to that 1st round pick.

Dickson - Love him. He should have seen the field far more this yr.

Pitta - Solid #2 TE. Should have been on the field more.

Ngata - He is amazing. Should have had his deal redone 3 yrs ago. Now I think he could be on his way out because he is to expensive now.

Cody - Fat slob who will never be what so many think.

Suggs - I do not know if he is a paycheck player yet. I lean that way. I would have traded him for big time picks.

Foxworth - Not ours. He may not even be here next yr.

Webb - He could be a stud. At the min he should be solid.

Again as I have said before. The Pats and Squeelers have WON 50% of the rings and PLACED in 70% of the SB's since the Ravens went. During that time the Ravens only really has 1 time when they could have placed in 2008. I see the philosophy of how this team is run as wrongheaded.

Or until the offensive line decides to block or until the receivers stop dropping touchdowns and first downs in the bread basket.

you can look at anyway you want. When WRs are coming off the field pissed off, there is a reason. Even the head coach touched on it when everyone wanted cam's head. The game plan works, guys are open, we just aint seeing them.

Joe still has a ways to go yet.