ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Hooray at Last! A quicker offense.

oldno82

That's what I wanted to hear from Harbs! Good, very good. Don't completely take the offense out of Cams hands but absolutely dictate that Cam plays to strengths. Quicker plays, quicker routes, and for cryin out loud set the receivers up for success. Why send Boldin deep when we have Stallworth or Reed? What sense does that make. Let Boldin get down amd dirty and man handle his CB, that's what he's good at.

Lets see if words = actions this season. With Cam in the picture, I have my doubts.

Why didnt they remove the handcuffs from Joe last season? They are all of a sudden going to remove them in 2011 ?

My take: Its a last ditch effort to salvage Cams job as OC. If Joe doesnt have a huge year, Cams gone.

My take: Its a last ditch effort to salvage Cams job as OC. If Joe doesnt have a huge year, Cams gone.

Depends on your definition of big year is, you want him throwing for 4500 yards 30 td's as manning does with a first rd exit? or you want him like we have seen his progression each year, making it atleast to the 2nd rd of the playoffs?

I like what I see over the last 3 seasons:

2008 60% completion 14 td, 12 int, 2971 yards

2009 63.1% completion 21 tds, 12 int, 3613 yards

2010 62.6% completion, 25 tds, 10 int, 3622 yards

Edited by cravnravn

Depends on your definition of big year is, you want him throwing for 4500 yards 30 td's as manning does with a first rd exit? or you want him like we have seen his progression each year, making it atleast to the 2nd rd of the playoffs?

I like what I see over the last 3 seasons:

2008 60% completion 14 td, 12 int, 2971 yards

2009 63.1% completion 21 tds, 12 int, 3613 yards

2010 62.6% completion, 25 tds, 10 int, 3622 yards

Crav,

I like what I see too. But there has still been a hesitancy, a reluctance by Joe to cut it loose. Maybe its the OL, the play calling by Cam, Joe's periodic inability to read the D at critical junctures of the game, crappy WR route running, or lousy running game (this past yr). Whatever the case, Joe could have done better but now the FO/Coach is saying they are cutting him loose ?

I find that very mysterious, intriguing. What are they envisioning this season that we have lacked in the past ? But we'll see.

I do like the direction Joe is going.

Very little is a zero sum result. If Joe were to have Peyton #'s doesn't mean he will go out in the 1st round. I attribute many of Mannings early exits to Manning and his ego.

I would not even put the expectations of 4500 yds and 30 td's on the kid. A lot of it is situational. Things break down at the worst possible point in games. If Joe threw for 3800 yds with 25 td's but the ball didn't bog down like it did so often this past season that is a win.

If cutting Joe loose means allowing him to change things at the line of scrimmage then I am all for it. Too many times it looked as though his hands were tied by Cam. Giving Joe more responsibility and accountability can only be a good thing for his development.