ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

A Fair Bitch and Moan. Needs to be Louder

vmax

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, cravnravn said:

We would have Joe, no weapons we would have been no better than 8-8..

But did have the arm, would he have made Hollywood a feared receiver? 

I doubt it. Not with this O line. Joe needs a lot of time in the pocket to be effective. He had the perfect line and protection for that playoff Super Bowl run. Then he still need some Jacoby luck and Boldins great hands.

1 hour ago, cravnravn said:

If he goes 1 n done then Biscuit ain't giving him the Mahomes, type deal. Not even close. It could get ugly this off season, if we go 1 n done. His rookie contract is done. No way Biscuit opens the pocket book. Maybe it will be time to move on??

I have been ready to move on for some time.  But the Ravens are notorious for placating fans.   I would be more favorable on a Mahomes deal.  At least he doesnt break the bank long.  But these Goff, Wentz, or Allan deals are prohibitive.

1 hour ago, vmax said:

Move on to what? Mitchel, Case, Banks, Boller, Redman, Wright, Blake, ....how many years of miserable offensive play do you want to sit through?

:gorave:

Jamison Hensley on Twitter
“Ravens WR Marquise Brown on Lamar Jackson: "He's dialed in. He's locked in on everything right now."

Why is that?

Brown: "He wants to win. Year after year, you end the season and go 'what can I get better at?' You can tell he took those steps to take it to the next level."”

This is the kind of player teams and their fans long and yearn to have on their roster.

What's wrong with us?

I dont care what players say.  I need to see them do it.

1 hour ago, vmax said:

I can see that. 

Where would the Ravens be if they had not acquired Lamar? Think about it. They probably wouldn't have made the playoffs 3 years straight. 

Wow so be a Bills fan.  Never get over the hump.

The only thing is it can be eliminated.  They will need to update the vaccines for newer variants and ppl will need to take them and let those who are positive burn out the virus and move on.  The problem is ppl who wont take it and those who dont have access around the world.  It keeps mutating over and over.  At some point it will mutate into something that has a 30% morbidity rate or worse.  

At no time have we been more prepared to stop a pandemic like this.  And also at no time have we had more stupid ppl who impede that.

He's already carried this team for 3 years. No Lamar and they would be very average,...not a playoff team. He's great. Period.

But he's not perfect. He doesn't do everything perfect so he's shit in your books. Just like not winning a Super Bowl means you had a shit season in you books.

He was MVP in 2019. Great passing stats. Not good enough in your book.

You do know that he needs a line to give him time to throw right? He didn't have that against the Bills. Look at what happened to Mahomes when his line went south in the SB. 9 points. 

Once again, he will have to carry this team or the season is for shit. He'll get the job done.

That's why you pay him.

I never said he was shit.   I said he was not worth an outlandish deal.  I think is he has a lot of talent around him he can win a SB.  Take some of the pressure and responsibility off him he can do it.  If he had a WR like megatron who could go up and muscle DBs and turn 50-50 balls into 70-30 balls.  Making it so Lamar can fully trust throwing outside the numbers.  Once that happened the D would have to stop crowding the box and the running and inside passing game will get wide open.  

Again 2019 was the yr the Dcs saw him and 2020 was when they started taking things away.  I have seen players have great seasons and then get figured out before.  

Its not like he lost Stanley all of last yr.  So he went out week 8.  So he threw for 275, 204, 97, 193, 180,186, and 208.  Other than his opener against Cle where he threw for 3 tds and no picks he was rather pedestrian.  And after the injury his passing looks rather similar.

You pay players to win SB rings.  If his production lowers this season and also they dont make the playoffs then that shows he is not capable of actually carrying the team.

12 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

I never said he was shit.   I said he was not worth an outlandish deal.  I think is he has a lot of talent around him he can win a SB.  Take some of the pressure and responsibility off him he can do it.  If he had a WR like megatron who could go up and muscle DBs and turn 50-50 balls into 70-30 balls.  Making it so Lamar can fully trust throwing outside the numbers.  Once that happened the D would have to stop crowding the box and the running and inside passing game will get wide open

I agree.

OK. So you are not totally down on him. More like "Wait and see this year. Now's the hour."

As for the deal? We'll see.