ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

A Fair Bitch and Moan. Needs to be Louder

vmax

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, papasmurfbell said:

Prob Lamar.  He could be better than Vick.  But I would not even enter that position to be forced into that call.  I would not keep draft or keep either.

Oh I think he has a good chance of being better than Vick, different game today than when Vick played.

Taylor made offense to fit Lamar will give him every chance to reach his potential. Even though Vick ran a lot, they still tried to pin hole him into being a pocket passer.

Shit we were saying that about Lamar when he was drafted. Everyone worried about how long he would last and we still do today.

Lamar looks to throw first. He has good pocket awareness, presence, movability and escape ability. The Ravens got Watkins, drifted Bateman and Wallace...and Brown....all the TE's and now trying to work the RB's in  too...so they could have a solid passing attack. Everybody wants that. Nobody wants to see Lamar get hurt like Vick or RG3. 

Do you want a list of NFL QB's who went down in the pocket the last 2 years? It's not safe there either. It's not safe behind the Ravens O line. Until then, "Lamar will have to be Lamar" because all he wants to do is win.

4 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

Keep running and one of those shots will be to the shoulders or arms.  Then you can have a spaghetti arm like cam.

Or stay in the pocket and get Burrowed. :tongue:

The thing is, there has not been a successful running quarterback in the NFL who has had a long career running downfield. There have been many successful pocket passers who get injured and come back to have long careers but not any I can think of who were running quarterbacks who got injured and returned to play well as a pocket passer if they weren't successful being a pocket passer before they got hurt. That's why I want to see them transform Lamar into a pocket passer predominantly. Otherwise he could go down with an injury and never make it back. I think Lamar has the smarts, coolness under fire, and arm to be a very good pocket passer and the team has an obligation to convert him into a guy who stays in the pocket first and runs only out of desperation.

like everybody, I'm worried about how much Lamar runs and the impact that will have on his heath. Everybody's concerned about that. Will he last as long as Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Brees? I doubt it.

I think the Ravens organization is very aware of how fragile this situation is and that is why they got so many receivers and coaches and that they  are "all in" on taking the passing attack to the next level. I think it will improve this year and get better as they acquire an O line that can pass protect. Because of all the injuries and new line, I think it will take 4-5 games, maybe more to develop. My guess is that the first quarter of the season we will see them running at the same pace as last year.  Let's give them a chance before we start pounding the crap out of them.

Here's the "Big IF"....

If Jackson continues to evolve as a multi-dimensional player, Merriman suggested the rest of the league is in a lot of trouble.

"If Lamar Jackson got better this year with throwing and being more accurate, he'll be the most unstoppable player of all time, because what do you do with a guy like that?" he said....Baltimore Ravens, Lamar Jackson, Cleveland Browns, Las Vegas Raiders,

This is what I love about this situation. Look at how much we have to look forward to. The ceiling hasn't been hit yet. If it can be hit. I think it can.

Ravens opponents will do everything they can to prevent that from happening. Somethings got to give. 17 contested games will reveal the results.

6 hours ago, vmax said:

"Ravens opponents will do everything they can to prevent that from happening. Somethings got to give. 17 contested games will reveal the results."

That line says it all. They will go all out to knock him out of a game and the league if he becomes that scary.

I remember years and years ago, John Unitas was hurt and the sub, a promising player, Gary Cuozzo was playing with a hurt shoulder. The Opposing Defensive Coach was yelling at his players 'Go after that shoulder!' Such is life in the NFL.

Honestly I do not know why NFL coaches dont teach what we were taught in HS to defend the option.  The Ravens run the option probably more than any other team and have the scariest pitch man in the game.  We were taught very simply to destroy the pitch man.  Make him pitch early in the future or never run the play again.  In that you are out of the pocket running that play all the protections for the QB are gone.  He is at that point a RB and you deposit his chest into his back.  Or you can take an arm.

On 9/4/2021 at 4:48 PM, oldno82 said:

The thing is, there has not been a successful running quarterback in the NFL who has had a long career running downfield. There have been many successful pocket passers who get injured and come back to have long careers but not any I can think of who were running quarterbacks who got injured and returned to play well as a pocket passer if they weren't successful being a pocket passer before they got hurt. That's why I want to see them transform Lamar into a pocket passer predominantly. Otherwise he could go down with an injury and never make it back. I think Lamar has the smarts, coolness under fire, and arm to be a very good pocket passer and the team has an obligation to convert him into a guy who stays in the pocket first and runs only out of desperation.

Fran Tarkenton anyone?

Tarkenton ran a lot when he was young but transformed into a very capable pocket quarterback. Same with Steve Young. Your body just ages, it's a fact of life. I don't think you can successfully being a running quarterback much beyond 4-5 years in the league.

Ok I can agree with that, who knows what Lamar transforms into. Ala Joe Flacco he hasn't had the best wide outs as Kurt Warner pointed out in his fantastic video, this off season. This year he has weapons in Watkins and Andrews and (Jesus forgot his name) 1st rd pick...Hollywood ain't shit, I'd take Double D over him.

50 minutes ago, papasmurfbell said:

I think the talent part is overstated.  I have seen Lamar ignore open receivers.  Also if he is not a guy who can raise the talent at receiver around him then how in the hell will he win when he is making 20% of the cap?

Oh we go 1 n done he's not getting 20% of the cap.

Move on to what? Mitchel, Case, Banks, Boller, Redman, Wright, Blake, ....how many years of miserable offensive play do you want to sit through?

:gorave:

Jamison Hensley on Twitter
“Ravens WR Marquise Brown on Lamar Jackson: "He's dialed in. He's locked in on everything right now."

Why is that?

Brown: "He wants to win. Year after year, you end the season and go 'what can I get better at?' You can tell he took those steps to take it to the next level."”

This is the kind of player teams and their fans long and yearn to have on their roster.

What's wrong with us?

5 minutes ago, cravnravn said:

Just saying Biscuit got torched with the Flacco contract and that was after we won the Super Bowl. He's not going to back up the Brinks truck to lamar,  if we go 1 n done this year. 

I can see that. 

Where would the Ravens be if they had not acquired Lamar? Think about it. They probably wouldn't have made the playoffs 3 years straight.