ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Buy Or Sell

vmax

Actually, they should just sit down Lamar for the rest of the year. He'd be a sitting duck behind that line against either the Rams or Steelers.

I wonder what effect this year, and the way it ended, will have on Lamar's next contract.

3 hours ago, oldno82 said:

Actually, they should just sit down Lamar for the rest of the year. He'd be a sitting duck behind that line against either the Rams or Steelers.

I wonder what effect this year, and the way it ended, will have on Lamar's next contract.

Good question, he clearly went back in developing, do you go into next year with him as a lame duck, or take the risk, pay him big money? It's not easy to find a good qb in this league. But will he ever be able to throw deep, accurately, consistently?  Was his lack of performance due to injury, always being sick?

What is the cause of his reoccurring illness? They know, I am sure..

If he is healthy, I would play him against Pit, just to see if he has learned anything from sitting & watching, but only if he is 100%.

• 4 weeks later...

Sell. They have no secondary or pass rush to start. and they have to build a brand-new O line. They are about to lose 10 starters to Free agency. Quite a few key players are trying to come back from serious injuries. Not all will make it. 

Right now the 2022 Ravens roster is a leaky vessel. That's at this moment. A lot of these losses will be addition by subtraction. I see daylight. There remains a ton of skilled playmakers. Plenty to build around to be a playoff caliber team. Possibly more. 

Going to be a very interesting and fun off season. :gorave:

See the source image

Hey this off-season might be more fun and exciting than the regular season that just nosedived into hell.

I'm selling on this one too. We need a genuine non-blitzing pass rush and we have no one on the team to fulfill that role. We actually need 2 first-rate pass rushers on the line. Exotic scheming can only take you so far as Wink found out. At some point, you need the talent.

And that's where DeCosta comes in.