ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Buy Or Sell

vmax

Let's see what Pitt does in the off season. Tomlin doesn't want to groom a rookie, as he publically stated...Aaron Rogers anyone?

Baker is hurt, he is out this week. This can't be good for him. Shoulder injuries are a tough heal.

For the next 3 months the division will be Us and Cinncy. I will buy that.

Baker is likely done for the year, even though it is his non throwing shoulder, every time you get hit it hurts worse. He may be tough, but not 11 more games with that torn labrum tough.

Pit will be tricky, they are bad, but just good enough to beat a team overlooking them. No way Rogers goes to Pit, they are more than a quarterback away, their line is terrible, their secondary isn't much better either. Oh yes, and they paid top dollar for a pass rusher; ouch.. And their first round runningback and wide outs will need big contracts soon

Cinci hasn't played anyone tough yet, other than Green Bay, things are about to get interesting

Buy or Sell:

When Jackson is no longer on his rookie contract that the Ravens will still be Championship Contenders because you don’t need to surround him with big-name free agents to be a championship contender...and.....The Ravens have also been bracing for Jackson’s expensive extension by accruing draft picks. Baltimore has 10 selections in the 2022 draft

Buy or sell

But the challenge comes when Jackson is no longer on his rookie contract. The Ravens won one playoff game after making Joe Flacco one of the highest-paid players in the NFL. The difficulty is huge quarterback contracts take up a big chunk of the salary cap. The difference with Jackson is you don’t need to surround him with big-name free agents to be a championship contender. Jackson elevates the talent around him because he’s so much of a focus of the defense. Jackson puts the “V” in MVP. The Ravens have also been bracing for Jackson’s expensive extension by accruing draft picks. Baltimore has 10 selections in the 2022 draft…..Why the improved Bengals are(n't) ready to challenge the Ravens for AFC North superiority - Baltimore Ravens- ESPN

Sell it. Joe needed not big name free agents but an offensive line that could pass block. The Ravens failed in that regard when it comes to draft players. It was not Joe's contract that kept them down.

Lamar is seeing some of those issues with pass blocking, but his speed and elusiveness have helped him for now.

I'm selling if it's any other QB. But with Lanar???.. I'm buying..I Lamar is proving that the Ravens can win with less this year. Just look at all the key players who are missing. Eric will take care of the rest.

3 hours ago, vmax said:

I'm selling if it's any other QB. But with Lanar???.. I'm buying..I Lamar is proving that the Ravens can win with less this year. Just look at all the key players who are missing. Eric will take care of the rest.

I'm buying because I agree he doesn't need as much high priced talent around him. He also raises the performance of even average players around him. Just look at this year's backfield and O-line injuries.

• 3 weeks later...

The Titans still remain a strong team even though Henry is out of the picture

Buy or Sell the following statement:

With other AFC contenders slipping, there’s a path for Baltimore to finally get over the hump in the postseason....NFL power rankings, Week 9: Cardinals and Titans soar, while Ravens jump back into top 5 (msn.com)

Image result for Baltimore Ravens Cartoon I'll buy. I can see a running lane the Ravens can hit to get to the SB. Injuries and all. There are no dominant teams in the AFC. Period. plenty of good ones yet they all have their warts.

I'm buying but I'm not maxing out my credit card yet.

Really want to see the running game pick up and begin to help carry the team like it did last week. I'd run Vonta Freeman and Bell about equally in number of carries. Hoping Latavius makes it back next week.

Buy or Sell;

That the Ravens have hit critical mass on the amount of 2nd/3rd tier players who they have to start and that now, there are simply too many holes and weaknesses to hide with smoke and mirrors. Any decent team with a good coaching staff will exploit them. The playoff caliber teams will feast on them.

Buy or Sell:

Ryan Mink (@ryanmink)
The Ravens defense is tied with the Panthers with the highest percentage of drives that end with a punt (19%). If this unit could just eliminate some of the big plays (and get a few more turnovers), it would be excellent. (HT @benbbaldwin)