ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Buy Or Sell

vmax

On 9/2/2021 at 1:45 PM, vmax said:

Buy or Sell: Patrick Queen throws his hat in the ring and becomes a part of the DPTOY conversation this year. 

He's was blur, a lightning bolt on the field this pre season. 

See the source image

So far watching tonight if anyone on the Ravens D goes for a DPOY it will be Marlon,  He has been fantastic tonight.  Very nice sack by Queen though.

On 9/7/2021 at 8:55 AM, vmax said:

Buy or sell: 

Bold prediction: Ravens will finish No. 1 in defense.

There's plenty of buzz about how good the defenses in Pittsburgh and Cleveland will be this season, but the Ravens look primed to have the best defense in the NFL. In three seasons with Don "Wink" Martindale as defensive coordinator, Baltimore has allowed the fewest yards (307.8) and points (18.2) in the league. The biggest question mark surrounding this defense had been the pass rush. But the Ravens signed Justin Houston (97.5 career sacks) and used a first-round pick on Odafe Oweh, who could be the fastest edge rusher in franchise history. This defense has the potential to be scary. Hensley ESPN

Everybody was right on selling this.

• 2 weeks later...

Buy or Sell: The Ravens are handling adversity well.

The defense was dominant, especially as the game wore on. The offensive line set a physical tone. The Ravens went into a hostile environment and battered a previously unbeaten opponent by being tough and sound. Stop me if you've heard this before. They didn't lose a turnover. They piled up five sacks and 11 quarterbacks hits, one of which sidelined the Broncos' starter. The Ravens weren't lacking for excuses if they'd lost. This was their third road game in four weeks to start the season. They've dealt with significant injuries, inconsistent performances and major changes to their original blueprint. Jackson barely practiced during the week. But by winning Sunday instead of succumbing to all that, they sent the clear signal that they've handled the adversity quite well, thank you, and still belong in the top rank of contenders. It's a big deal.....Eisenberg’s Five Thoughts on Ravens’ Win in Denver (baltimoreravens.com)

I was worried. I should have been clearer on this post. I was thinking about the first 1/4 of the season. When they lost JK, Gus, Peters and Stanley I was beginning to see a lost season. Not now. I'm a buyer.

18 hours ago, vmax said:

I was worried. I should have been clearer on this post. I was thinking about the first 1/4 of the season. When they lost JK, Gus, Peters and Stanley I was beginning to see a lost season. Not now. I'm a buyer.

He'll yeah. 3-1 and a month of games at home now.

ESPN just posted their 1st Quarter Rankings and have the Ravens at #7 ahead of the 3-1 Cowboys, 3-1 Chargers, 3-1 Raiders and 2-2 Chiefs.

597878749_MV5BNmIyNjM0N2UtMjA3NC00ODk4LWFmMDktNWM3MzMxODdkYjI0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDgyNjA5MA@@._V1_UY100_CR390100100_AL_.jpg.dff80ed35c9b2fc41a89db5ad88c1181.jpg  Buy or Sell: The #7 ranking is where the Ravens should be.

Don't know if the defense, pass coverage, is good enough to stand up to the offense of the Chargers, or even the Cowboys. They match that of the Cheifs, albeit with sliightly better offensive lines.

Is this passing game good enough to be consistent to beat the Charger's defense? It should be to beat the Cowboys defense, even though they are playing well right now.

Seven seems fair, we shall see how this team comes together over the next few games. One thing is certain, they can't afford any more injuries

Buy or Sell the following statement....

As opposing defenses continue to learn they can no longer stack the box as dramatically to dare Jackson to beat them with his arm, there will be a correction with lighter fronts that will only help the running game as the season progresses. It’s the ultimate give-take relationship that could make Jackson and this offense even more unstoppable than it’s looked at its best these last few years, a frightening thought for the rest of the AFC…..Ravens News 10/5: Presenting Problems and more (msn.com)