Buy Or Sell

vmax

Buy or Sell:

The Ravens biggest loss ever......

Baltimore Ravens

Baltimore Ravens vs. New England Patriots
Jan. 22, 2012, AFC Championship Game
Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, Mass.

The Ravens had two chances in the final 22 seconds to keep their Super Bowl hopes alive, and they let both slip through their grasp in a 23-20 loss to the Patriots. Wide receiver Lee Evans had the winning, 14-yard touchdown pass from Joe Flacco slapped out of his hands in the end zone. Then, with an opportunity to send the game into overtime, kicker Billy Cundiff wildly pulled a 32-yard field goal attempt wide left. "We fell 15 seconds from having it," linebacker Terrell Suggs said. "So, please believe, it won't happen again." The next season, the Ravens redeemed themselves by beating the Patriots in the AFC Championship Game and capturing the franchise's second Lombardi Trophy. -- Jamison Hensley...What is your NFL team's most heartbreaking loss? From '28-3' to the 'Ice Bowl' to 'The Drive' (espn.com)

Sell. 2006 season .After the 2012 loss I really thought the Ravens would come back and win it all the next year. I had hope. 2006 left me empty.  The January 2007 divisional loss to the Colts really hurt. 15-6. All FG's. I thought McNair was hung over. He looked out of it during that game. It was a wide open path to the Super Bowl. Ravens were 13-3 with an elite/great defense.

20 hours ago, vmax said:

Buy or Sell:

The Ravens biggest loss ever......

Baltimore Ravens

Baltimore Ravens vs. New England Patriots
Jan. 22, 2012, AFC Championship Game
Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, Mass.

The Ravens had two chances in the final 22 seconds to keep their Super Bowl hopes alive, and they let both slip through their grasp in a 23-20 loss to the Patriots. Wide receiver Lee Evans had the winning, 14-yard touchdown pass from Joe Flacco slapped out of his hands in the end zone. Then, with an opportunity to send the game into overtime, kicker Billy Cundiff wildly pulled a 32-yard field goal attempt wide left. "We fell 15 seconds from having it," linebacker Terrell Suggs said. "So, please believe, it won't happen again." The next season, the Ravens redeemed themselves by beating the Patriots in the AFC Championship Game and capturing the franchise's second Lombardi Trophy. -- Jamison Hensley...What is your NFL team's most heartbreaking loss? From '28-3' to the 'Ice Bowl' to 'The Drive' (espn.com)

No doubt, I buy that one, who would have thought. I was on the phone with my daughter who was in college at the time as the Ravens were driving for the game winning score. Told her, "after they score the touchdown I will buy us tickets to the Super Bowl"... Guess I was the jinx, a dropped pass and a missed field goal...

• 2 weeks later...

Buy or Sell:

From USA Today's rankings: # 12. Ravens (9): Their 8-3 record says they're the AFC's No. 1 team. Their play on the field in recent weeks, especially former MVP front-runner Lamar Jackson's, decisively suggests otherwise. He may be the first QB in eight years to get a win despite throwing four INTs, but this obviously isn't sustainable – especially since no team currently projected in the playoff field has a harder remaining schedule than Baltimore's. https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/week-13-nfl-power-rankings-packers-return-to-

Buy or Sell:

"a desperate team is a dangerous team. Plus, it's the Ravens and Steelers, which is arguably the best rivalry in the NFL, so you can probably throw the records out the proverbial window."

I'm buying. Forget the stats and records. Last Man Standing game. :gorave:

Buy or Sell: This ship has sailed.

But even the most resilient team can take one too many punches in a given season. “Next man up” is a necessary mantra in this brutal sport. Eventually, you run out of men. We are not going to see the Ravens as they were supposed to be in 2021. That ship has left the harbor and crossed the ocean. Five things we learned from the Ravens’ 20-19 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers - Baltimore Sun

I'm buying. Just too many injuries to major guys: Stanley, Dobbins, Gus, the loss of other O-Lineman, the secondary. The list goes on and on. Like the man said, this is not the 2021 team the front office had constructed. What's worse is, what if Stanley is done? Dobbins and Gus had knee injuries. Is it really plausible to think they will be back as they were before? To top it off, now Lamar isn't adapting to the way defenses are adjusting to him. Some of that is Roman's fault but Lamar is far from blameless.

It's a sad end to a team that once had enough talent to win a Super Bowl but now can't win a game against the aging and decrepit Steelers.

4 minutes ago, papasmurfbell said:

What can Roman do if the play is right and Lamar can't read the field?  The play Romo highlighted with Andrews crossing from right to left side open.  That is only on Lamar.  

On that play, yes, Lamar had to do a better job on the throw. But throughout the game, he was holding onto the ball too long. Plus, Roman wasn't coming up with play calls to neutralize the rush coming from the corners' positions.

It's hard to understand that now with the Ravens finally having a good stable of receivers, we couldn't adapt to what the Pittsburgh defense was showing us.

Shit, even Tony Romo up in the booth could see what was happening and what to do. Roman couldn't. Or, perhaps, Roman couldn't get through to Lamar.

But Roman calls the plays.

I'll sell. Lamar is struggling and perhaps having his worse season. Yet the F.O is not stupid. They know this is a 4-8 team without him. He'll get Franchise Market money. They have made their minds up and are preparing for this.

Or...they can travel this route again until they get lucky and find one....

ason Regular season Playoffs
1996 Vinny Testaverde (16)  
1997 Vinny Testaverde (13) / Eric Zeier (3)  
1998 Jim Harbaugh (12) / Eric Zeier (4)  
1999 Tony Banks (10) / Stoney Case (4) / Scott Mitchell (2)
2000 Tony Banks (8) / Trent Dilfer (8) Trent Dilfer (4–0)
2001 Elvis Grbac (14) / Randall Cunningham (2) Elvis Grbac (1–1)
2002 Jeff Blake (10) / Chris Redman (6)  
2003 Kyle Boller (9) / Anthony Wright (7) Anthony Wright (0–1)
2004 Kyle Boller (16)  
2005 Kyle Boller (9) / Anthony Wright (7)  
2006 Steve McNair (16) Steve McNair (0–1)
2007 Kyle Boller (8) / Steve McNair (6) / Troy Smith (2)  
2008 Joe Flacco (16) Joe Flacco (2–1)
2009 Joe Flacco (16) Joe Flacco (1–1)
2010 Joe Flacco (16) Joe Flacco (1–1)
2011 Joe Flacco (16) Joe Flacco (1–1)
2012 Joe Flacco (16) Joe Flacco (4–0)
2013 Joe Flacco (16)  
2014 Joe Flacco (16) Joe Flacco (1–1)
2015 Joe Flacco (10) / Matt Schaub (2) / Jimmy Clausen (2) / Ryan Mallett (2)  
2016 Joe Flacco (16)  
2017 Joe Flacco (16)  
2018 Joe Flacco (9) / Lamar Jackson (7) Lamar Jackson (0–1)
2019 Lamar Jackson (15) / Robert Griffin III (1) Lamar Jackson (0–1)
2020 Lamar Jackson (15) / Robert Griffin III (1) Lamar Jackson (1–1)
2021 Lamar Jackson (11) / Tyler Huntley (1)

1 hour ago, vmax said:

I'll sell. Lamar is struggling and perhaps having his worse season. Yet the F.O is not stupid. They know this is a 4-8 team without him. He'll get Franchise Market money. They have made their minds up and are preparing for this.

Or...they can travel this route again until they get lucky and find one....

ason Regular  

Do break the bank and be middling or save the money and reload? I will reload.

Buy or Sell:

If he (Lamar) plays well over the final stretch of the year, Baltimore might be able to overcome their brutal injury luck and make a run in the postseason.

You're buying on an "IF"