ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Buy Or Sell

vmax

Buy or Sell the following Quote:

"There is something special brewing in Baltimore with this year's team," Baltimore Beatdown's Joshua Reed wrote. "Even though they aren't the most talented from top to bottom or the healthiest, they are already battle-tested and possess the resiliency and other intangibles to make a deep playoff run. They will get more pieces, like left tackle Ronnie Stanley and rookie wideout Rashod Bateman, back and round into even better shape as the year goes along."...Is ‘Something Special Brewing in Baltimore’ With 2021 Ravens? (baltimoreravens.com)

45 minutes ago, tsylvester said:

I can respect that. It's hard to say they can dial it up when needed after only 2 games. they didn't make the big plays against the Lions and they did against Denver. 

This part..." "Even though they aren't the most talented from top to bottom or the healthiest" has me selling for nowIf they have no more injuries and get some players back I can see this becoming true.

2 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

consistency is the key.  Also coaching is key.  Williams beinga healthy scratch and the running game evaporating cant happen again.  Roman needs to be more consistent with his playcalling.

That's on the mark.

Buy or Sell:

The Ravens’ return home won’t feature any crazy last-minute finishes like we’ve seen from other prime-time games this season....Ravens vs. Colts staff picks: Who will win Monday’s Week 5 game in Baltimore? - Baltimore Sun

You never know with this team. Tucker could try from 68 yards as the clock runs out...or getting 100 yards rushing... Just saying.... :gorave:

Edited by vmax

• 2 weeks later...

6 games have been played and there is the first glimpse of the contenders and pretenders for the AFC Playoffs.

It's difficult to find many balanced teams in the AFC. The Bills may be the most complete team, and the Browns went bonkers this offseason trying to construct a unit to compliment their offense. But if the Ravens can maintain anything close to the level of success they found against the high-flying Chargers on Sunday, then that is the best team in the best conference in football....NFL insider notes: Ravens put AFC on notice with dismantling of Chargers, plus Dolphins woes, more from Week 6 - CBSSports.com

Buy or Sell: Going into week 7,  The Ravens are the best team in the AFC?

1 hour ago, vmax said:

6 games have been played and there is the first glimpse of the contenders and pretenders for the AFC Playoffs.

Buy or Sell: Going into week 7,  The Ravens are the best team in the AFC?

I want to see how they fare against our division.

One great defensive game makes not a good defense. However, they have shown glimpses in each game when combined with this game shows that they can be what we hope.

Shut down teams in the 4th quarter, stay focussed on key downs throughout the game. One stop, one 3 & out can turn the tide of a game. Can this defense be consistent, just as the offense is starting to be more of, now...

I'll sell for one week. The Bengals are statically a relatively close match with the Ravens offensively and with the Chargers. They have great receivers, Burrows and Mixon. They also know the Ravens as a division opponent. How well the Ravens D does Sunday should give some clarity on this situation.

Averate is still a weak point in the secondary. I know, he played better yesterday. Frankly, one of his pass defended, he was fortunate that the pass was underthrown thanks to the pass rush. Other wise it would have been an easy six points.

Bynes and Board really played well as we talked about in the game thread. Queen did too with limited reps. Elliot had a great pick, and they did all of this against a really good receiving core. Shoot, even Houston got a sack!

This should be fun to watch, if they cam all keep learning, growing, staying in the system, trusting each other to do their respective jobs.

Late For Work 10/19: John Harbaugh-Led Ravens Sit Atop the AFC
Head Coach John Harbaugh is in the Coach of the Year conversation again. Lamar Jackson has yet to sign a contract extension and his season has likely inflated his price tag. Are the Ravens ‘lucky?’

Todays Buy or Sell: based on the above Quote....

Are the Ravens lucky?

21 hours ago, varaven45 said:

Cincy will be a tough battle, almost another tossup.  With all the media falling in love with us and Buffalo for the AFCs best, 

this game has the makings of trap.  Presumably, Harbs nips that in the bud.  

We had our trap game for the year, Detroit.

16 on IR..and we atop of the AFC, there's a bigger prize for this season.

I'm buying the Ravens are the best team in the AFC now.

Me too crav. For Right Now. If they beat the Bengals they will solidly be the best for awhile.image.png.3591e9f285be03f422019d315aeec6d0.png

JK, Gus, Stanley, Peters gone. Yea...16 on IR. Hard to believe yet it's true.

image.png

Edited by vmax

1 hour ago, papasmurfbell said:

not buying.  It ends any SB asperations they have while he eats cap space.

So what QB do you draft at #32 who will take the Ravens to the Super Bowl?

Buy Or Sell:

Ravens/Bengals will be the new rivalry in the AFC North

With the Bengals showing marked improvement, can Ravens-Bengals be the top rivalry in the AFC North?...As long as the Bengals can build a supporting cast around Burrow like the Ravens have done with Jackson, these teams could be battling for the top spot for the next decade......Why the improved Bengals are(n't) ready to challenge the Ravens for AFC North superiority - Baltimore Ravens- ESPN

The Ravens Realm (@RealmRavens)
Hoyeon Jung, Squid Game star, reveals in a recent interview to Vogue Korea that lately she’s been obsessed with Lamar Jackson of the Baltimore Ravens

“I just think it’s something the world needs right now. Whenever I watch him play, my mood changes for the better"
Retweets

Twitter•10/10/2021

Me too!

Edited by vmax