ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Buy Or Sell

vmax

Buy or Sell: Patrick Queen throws his hat in the ring and becomes a part of the DPTOY conversation this year. 

He's was blur, a lightning bolt on the field this pre season. 

Patrick Queen challenges for NFL DPOTY

Queen is a monster in the making -- full stop. The former first-round pick flashed in a big way in Year 1, going on to earn PFWA All-Rookie team honors after starting every game and delivering 106 combined tackles, three sacks, two forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries, an interception and a touchdown. The stage is set for him to level up in his second year, and the Ravens need it, considering their defense isn't as terrifying as it has been in years past. They shuffled some pass-rush talent in free agency, and that, combined with the presence of Calais Campbell, should help them keep opposing quarterbacks uncomfortable. Still, it feels like the defense as a whole will go as Queen -- the heartbeat of it -- goes in 2021.

If Queen can establish himself as the new guard of elite linebacker in the NFL, he'll be a terror, forcing opposing defenses to overcompensate for him on a weekly basis. That would make things a bit easier in the secondary, and overall. Look for Queen, who had a shot at winning NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year honors, to challenge for NFL Defensive Player of the Year this time around.

See the source image

Edited by vmax

I don't see it, stats are misleading. Let us wait a bit shall we? Does he continue to run around blocks only to make the tackle 10 yards down field instead of at or near the los?

Does he cover better, keep his drop in coverage deep to prevent that 15 yard pass over the middle behind him?

These are the things he struggles with, let us wait to crown him shall we..

Ok...so you are selling. I'm going to buy even though it's way too early to tell because of what I heard in camp and saw this preseason. I think he gets top 5 discussion as the season progresses. 

I have another "Buy or Sell" for tomorrow. 

37 minutes ago, tsylvester said:

I don't see it, stats are misleading. Let us wait a bit shall we? Does he continue to run around blocks only to make the tackle 10 yards down field instead of at or near the los?

Does he cover better, keep his drop in coverage deep to prevent that 15 yard pass over the middle behind him?

These are the things he struggles with, let us wait to crown him shall we..

All the LB picks last yr didnt live up to expectations.  I think not having a camp really hurt them.  They have so much to learn.

I'm buying. whether Ty'son Is RB1 or RB2. I think the run game will remain a run by committee scheme like last year. By that I mean Gus will be the finisher and spark plug but he may not carry the ball so much more like many think. It's a 17 game season and the Ravens have to keep the RB's legs strong for the post season. For that reason look for them to add a runner during the next month.

Lamar will remain the lynch pin and key runner.

Buy or sell: 

Bold prediction: Ravens will finish No. 1 in defense.

There's plenty of buzz about how good the defenses in Pittsburgh and Cleveland will be this season, but the Ravens look primed to have the best defense in the NFL. In three seasons with Don "Wink" Martindale as defensive coordinator, Baltimore has allowed the fewest yards (307.8) and points (18.2) in the league. The biggest question mark surrounding this defense had been the pass rush. But the Ravens signed Justin Houston (97.5 career sacks) and used a first-round pick on Odafe Oweh, who could be the fastest edge rusher in franchise history. This defense has the potential to be scary. Hensley ESPN

Point spread is down to -4, I still think the Ravens go over.

Buy or Sell:

Roman will do wonders with the corps of RB's that Eric got for him and the Ravens will still have a very effective running game.