ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens vs Vikings

vmax

Jamison Hensley (@jamisonhensley)
King of clutch: Justin Tucker is now 6-for-6 on FG attempts in OT in his career (including playoffs):gorave:

Every week Lamar is setting records or tying records. This week 12th career 100  yard rushing game a new NFL record that took Vick 11 years to make. for the day he runs for 120 yards on 21 carries for a 5.7ypc. He also throws 3 TD and 2 INT's....game winning TD drive..........and I feel like he was off today? :fishin:

AFC North Standings
TEAM    DIV    OVERALL
BAL     0-1-0        6-2-0:bow:
PIT        1-1-0    4-3-0
CLE       1-1-0    5-4-0 
CIN       2-1-0    5-4-0

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

image.jpeg.30c083ee9ea5e8e1c0bfcb5ab7ee8903.jpeg

Crazy, ugly win with some great "No Quit" players....Ravens vs. Vikings final: MVP, 9 Winners and 3 Losers (msn.com) :gorave:

MVP: Lamar Jackson

This team goes where Jackson goes, and when he throws for 266 yards and three touchdowns on 66% completion, while adding another 120 yards on the ground, you get the MVP. Jackson had some poor throws but it’s easily forgotten by his immeasurable value. No player means more to their team than Jackson for the Ravens.

Jackson also tied Michael Vick’s record for most 100-yard rushing games. Reminder: he hasn’t turned 25-year-old.

Winners

Devonta Freeman — The veteran back was relied upon heavily today and came up big. He notched 13 carries and steamrolled for 79 yards, good for 6.1 yards per carry. They weren’t easy yards, either.

Le’Veon Bell — Clutch runs and a touchdown to take a fourth-quarter lead was impressive. He kept the feet churning and gained his longest run of the day (12 yards) on a critical overtime snap.

Marquise “Hollywood” Brown — No touchdown for Brown today but he made due with 116 yards on nine receptions instead. Every game, he’s displayed his growth and development into a key receiver for the Ravens.

Rashod Bateman — It’s an expectation now that every Bateman reception is a first down and he did so five more times today. With 52 yards on five catches, Bateman moved the chains five times and looked good. He also nabbed a first down by drawing a defensive pass interference call.

Patrick Ricard — A fullback drive for the ages, as Ricard hauled in three receptions and capped it with the third catch being a touchdown. This was an excellent display of why the Ravens still utilize fullbacks in the NFL, and not just for their blocking ability.

Justin Tucker — Another game-winner from the GOAT. His second in overtime this season."

:bow::bow::bow::bow:

image.png

image.png

Edited by vmax

Ricard was the spark. He expects to destroy everybody and he goes out and mauls them into submission.....

Patrick Ricard jump-starts Ravens offense? Patrick Ricard jump-starts Ravens offense. Of all the players to wake up a sleepy offense, few would have picked Ricard. The fullback, however, made three big catches, two for first downs, and a one-yard TD to get Baltimore within a score at halftime. Entering the fourth quarter, Ricard was tied for the team lead with 35 yards on three catches. From there, Jackson, Brown, Rashod Bateman, Mark Andrews, et al. took care of the rest.2021 NFL season, Week 9: What we learned from Sunday's games

2 hours ago, vmax said:

image.jpeg.30c083ee9ea5e8e1c0bfcb5ab7ee8903.jpeg

Crazy, ugly win with some great "No Quit" players....Ravens vs. Vikings final: MVP, 9 Winners and 3 Losers (msn.com) :gorave:

MVP: Lamar Jackson

This team goes where Jackson goes, and when he throws for 266 yards and three touchdowns on 66% completion, while adding another 120 yards on the ground, you get the MVP. Jackson had some poor throws but it’s easily forgotten by his immeasurable value. No player means more to their team than Jackson for the Ravens.

Jackson also tied Michael Vick’s record for most 100-yard rushing games. Reminder: he hasn’t turned 25-year-old.

Winners

Devonta Freeman — The veteran back was relied upon heavily today and came up big. He notched 13 carries and steamrolled for 79 yards, good for 6.1 yards per carry. They weren’t easy yards, either.

Le’Veon Bell — Clutch runs and a touchdown to take a fourth-quarter lead was impressive. He kept the feet churning and gained his longest run of the day (12 yards) on a critical overtime snap.

Marquise “Hollywood” Brown — No touchdown for Brown today but he made due with 116 yards on nine receptions instead. Every game, he’s displayed his growth and development into a key receiver for the Ravens.

Rashod Bateman — It’s an expectation now that every Bateman reception is a first down and he did so five more times today. With 52 yards on five catches, Bateman moved the chains five times and looked good. He also nabbed a first down by drawing a defensive pass interference call.

Patrick Ricard — A fullback drive for the ages, as Ricard hauled in three receptions and capped it with the third catch being a touchdown. This was an excellent display of why the Ravens still utilize fullbacks in the NFL, and not just for their blocking ability.

Justin Tucker — Another game-winner from the GOAT. His second in overtime this season."

:bow::bow::bow::bow:

image.png

image.png

F no.  Had the refs not stepped in how many turnovers would Lamar have had yesterday?  His mechanics were crap.  Just bc the ravens were playing a bear bottom dweller doesn't make Lamar an mvp.

15 minutes ago, papasmurfbell said:

F no.  Had the refs not stepped in how many turnovers would Lamar have had yesterday?  His mechanics were crap.  Just bc the ravens were playing a bear bottom dweller doesn't make Lamar an mvp.

I know. This doesn't fit with your narrative. he has 38 career wins. Most ever by a QB in their first 4 seasons...with a lot of football left. 

Here's another one of your claims that you hoped would be true that are busted now : Remember the commentary and concerns about the Ravens being a team that can't come from behind? Well, this is the 3rd game this season that they have come from behind by double digits. It's safe to say that the Ravens have taken the next step and solved that.

31 minutes ago, papasmurfbell said:

ANF I look at kc as the model of we will just make a comeback.  And then that stops.  Harbs did learn to be mediocre at the foot of Andy though.

And both Andy and John has won Super Bowls which is the only thing that matters with you. Winning seasons? Consistently competitive teams who are always in the hunt??? Not important to you.

You conveniently overlook the Ravens lead the league in injured player. That would cause fans to think that  Harbaugh and his coaches is doing a masterful job. There is nothing mediocre about Harbaugh's record.

You conveniently overlook or ignore, the fact that in 2019 Lamar had 3 pro Bowlers on his O line. Now he is severely hampered ther.

You conveniently over look the fact that he had Gus and Ingram and Boyle  in 2019 and JK and Gus in 2020. Not this year. It's the long in the tooth gang.

You conveniently over look the massive statistical records Lamar has smashed in only 3 full years of starting. They are mind boggling. The latest?: The Ravens are 3-1 this season coming back from a double digit deficit. The rest of the NFL??? Somewhere around 8-89. who is 85% of the Ravens offense? What is their record without Lamar? Oh...he's 24 years old.

Nothing lasts forever dude and you keep trying to rain on the fun and good times that Ravens fans are experiencing. We get it. Since forever, nothings been good enough for you.

And some coaches can trip over a title and they did.  Why did Andy not win rings all those yrs in Philly?  By and large bc he refused to run the damned ball.  Mahomes covered for that issue for a few yrs.  Now teams play kc 2 high challenging pat to go deep.  The way to get those safeties out if there is run the ball over and over.  Take the air out of the offense.  Mahomes will look pedestrian out there but they will win.  It would also help that olthat has pass blocking issues.  But Andy is to smart for his own good.

Now let's look at john.  How many times have we seen the ravens get away from the run and throw it all over the place and lose winnable games?  It has to be over a dozen.  Wow a similarity.   The only difference is Andy gets why's happening on the field and John sits there like what happened?  Before Lamar harbs was about to be fired.  That 5 win season.  That last yr with flucco.   Had Joe not gotten hurt tgat season was I guess 6-10 With harbs on the street. Lamar would have ridden the punw the whole way.

Joe does get hurt.  Then a dynamic talent gets a shot.  He fixes the team chwcking out.  He saves the coach.  Gia skill covers the coaches deficiencies.  Wow another similarity.  There is just an issue.  The talent is raw and needs major refinement.  He needs to have his mechanics worked on.  After yrs of being here the coach finally gets some coaches that can help there.   But again he doesn't know what's going on so he doesn't know to do that.

A glaring issue is in the talents game.  Something most players are coached up on in hs.  Ball security.  When carrying the ball it's 2 hands or the ball is tucking into the shoulder.  But again the coach has no idea what's going on.  Also the atrocious officiating is bailing him out so why fix the glaring hole?

Guys,  if you would have told me before the start of the season and after losing our ENTIRE backfield, we would be 6-2 and 2nd seed

in the AFC, I would have said your are nuts.    The record is probably a manifestation of good fortune, decent breaks and favorable schedule,

but somehow this staff has duct taped the team together and pulled off a decent start ( with ca. 20 guys on the DL). 

Lamar has been the Dude and, in spite of his many imperfections, had lead the troops to a more than respectable record. 

Like every NFL team and the cant miss SB bound teams - see Dallas and Buffalo - this team has its share of weak links and flaws.

Hey, we may go on a big L streak and run out of gas by the end of the season.  But I think this team is a work in progress and 

will evolve like every other NFL roster.  Maybe, just maybe, this team will hang in there, Lamar will have fun and we make the playoffs again.

Who knows, but I'm hopping on the crazy bandwagon and seeing where Lamar can take this duct taped, flawed team ! 

You forget that Harbaugh was jumping up and down and in Eric's ear when Lamar came within reach. Eric has said this many times. You ignore that Harbaugh gave the green light to design the offense around Lamars skill set. This one move was totally radical and against what the NFL had been doing for decades. It was a "put your head on the chopping block" decision. It took guts and foresight. It has changed the NFL. Go ahead. Don't give him any credit. I know...he is a fool who got lucky in your world.

I'm not getting into this with you. You have a closed mind and can't see the good. You have a years long agenda: Get rid of Harbaugh and Lamar. You will push this to the death. 

Yea varaven!!!!!!!

Some fan sanity. :gorave:

Something very rare and special has been happening...and yes it could end (which will really please papa). perhaps the straw that broke the camels back will hit and collapse this team. Until then I will support them and if that happens I will support them. papa will puff his chest out, beat on it and say "See! Harbaugh and Lamar must go!" He will be so happy.

1 hour ago, varaven45 said:

Guys,  if you would have told me before the start of the season and after losing our ENTIRE backfield, we would be 6-2 and 2nd seed

in the AFC, I would have said your are nuts.    The record is probably a manifestation of good fortune, decent breaks and favorable schedule,

but somehow this staff has duct taped the team together and pulled off a decent start ( with ca. 20 guys on the DL). 

Lamar has been the Dude and, in spite of his many imperfections, had lead the troops to a more than respectable record. 

Like every NFL team and the cant miss SB bound teams - see Dallas and Buffalo - this team has its share of weak links and flaws.

Hey, we may go on a big L streak and run out of gas by the end of the season.  But I think this team is a work in progress and 

will evolve like every other NFL roster.  Maybe, just maybe, this team will hang in there, Lamar will have fun and we make the playoffs again.

Who knows, but I'm hopping on the crazy bandwagon and seeing where Lamar can take this duct taped, flawed team ! 

Well said.  6-2 needs to be repeated. As much as I diagnose Lamar, any other qb would set a record for being sacked behind this line. Yes, some of that is on Lamar for not trusting a read, throwing on time, but more of it is on the line's lack of pass blocking. Some of the issues were play design, route schemes, we saw that in the 4th quarter when Roman finally saw the comebsck routes, quick outs to Brown in the flat would work and boy did they work.

I just wish he will now not keep changing players after every play, let them, & the line get into rythem.

For now, as we have said, the age old mantra of one game at time, what ever has to work to win.

Just do us a favor Harbs, get this team prepared properly for each game, against a better team that is a loss, a bad loss. 6-2 can turn into 8-9 quickly, if not.....

4 hours ago, vmax said:

You forget that Harbaugh was jumping up and down and in Eric's ear when Lamar came within reach. Eric has said this many times. You ignore that Harbaugh gave the green light to design the offense around Lamars skill set. This one move was totally radical and against what the NFL had been doing for decades. It was a "put your head on the chopping block" decision. It took guts and foresight. It has changed the NFL. Go ahead. Don't give him any credit. I know...he is a fool who got lucky in your world.

I'm not getting into this with you. You have a closed mind and can't see the good. You have a years long agenda: Get rid of Harbaugh and Lamar. You will push this to the death. 

Bs again.  Like with cam, kubes, caldwell, tressman, et al harbs is outside looking in.  He has no input bc he has no idea what's going on.

Cleveland returned to practice today and Nick Boyle is game ready according to the Ravens' website.

The day is coming, hopefully soon, when Latavius Murray and Sammy Watkins return too though I don't expect that to happen on this short week for sure.

Considering all the first line talent that has been lost to injury, it's hard to believe we're 6-2.

And by the way, Max, you are right...Harbs and company took a gigantic risk in drafting Lamar and then centering the offense all around him. He leads and wins. What more can you ask for after the risk they took and the injuries we've sustained?

Jamison Hensley on Twitter
“Ravens’ estimated participation for Monday walkthrough

DID NOT PRACTICE
RB Latavius Murray (ankle)
OL Patrick Mekari (ankle)

LIMITED
WR Marquise Brown (back)
WR Sammy Watkins (hamstring)
NT Brandon Williams (shoulder)
TE Nick Boyle (knee)
CB Tavon Young (knee)”

Anybody know where Jimmy Smith disappeared to? He played 1 snap Sunday.