ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

What if?

GrubberRaven

This team needs an overhaul. The o line gave Lamar no protection whatsoever last night, he was sacked 4 times and was pressured another 20. And our sideways running is ugly. 

Where's our d coverage? We got within 5 and then proceed to not cover a Dr for a 64 yard gain? What a momentum killer that was.

I feel bad for Lamar being his own representative. He's not going to get a fair deal from the Ravens. Especially 2hen we go 1 n out in the playoffs.

Either way the line has to be fixed, the pass blocking assigments, better players. As I said the other day, any other qb behind this line is gonna get pummeled worse than Lamar. So of he stays, fix the line. Learn how to block the edge blitzes, teach him & the wideouts the proper hot reads.

Draft a qb next year with all of the draft capital they have built up, fox the line. The kid from North Caroline looks like a great option; big, strong, can run well. Has good accuracy on ALL of the throws. Sure, he may be a couple of years away from being truly solid.....

Either way you need a line that can block, pass block for more than 1 second.

Keep in mind, while he did get killes last night, there were times when he had time, had a man open over the middle but did not trust what he saw, pulled it down and tried to run.

His slipping is an issue, what can't they get the right cleats during pregame?

So Lamar went off last night. He was angry, pissed and frustrated. And it came out. He's had enough of the bs execution. It was an extremely strong message to his offense. Every player. And they needed a tongue lashing. Including Roman. This to me was a seriously strong indictment because he generally always keeps his cool. 

Now...is this the fire that wakes their ass up and brings focus and change and new adjustments?

Edited by vmax

1 hour ago, papasmurfbell said:

If you pay Lamar will you have the resources to solidify the ol?  

As for the footing last night.  Someone brought it up and I asked if they saw bull Durham.  To stop someone like him I would flood the field to make it a mess.

The field was in great shape. Not buying that excuse at all.

2 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

If you pay Lamar will you have the resources to solidify the ol?  

As for the footing last night.  Someone brought it up and I asked if they saw bull Durham.  To stop someone like him I would flood the field to make it a mess.

Yes, via the draft, draft well. Draft linemen who are used to a running qb....

1 hour ago, tsylvester said:

That was last year, he changed his cleats three times before getting it right. I think the Ten game?

Ok thx.

1 hour ago, tsylvester said:

Yes, via the draft, draft well. Draft linemen who are used to a running qb....

The problem is to fill out the ol you will need a bunch of early picks.  They will also need other positions too.  So I don't see how you have enough picks for that as of now.

13 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

Ok thx.

The problem is to fill out the ol you will need a bunch of early picks.  They will also need other positions too.  So I don't see how you have enough picks for that as of now.

It's not as if the entire line needs to be replaced. We are talking one maybe two. Remember Cleveland is coming back from an injury, he is a stud. Colon should also get playing time, he has shown he belongs. There are two guards/center, right there. So left tackle, maybe a right tackle. It's not all bad and can be done in one draft.

14 minutes ago, papasmurfbell said:

Both tackles I think need to be replaced.  I think Bozeman should be allowed to walk.  So center is a need.  Then we need some depth.  At least 4 good ol need to be added.  Plus all the other attrician all over the,team.

Colon may take over at center, Bozeman may still work out; both are still young and can play mulitple positions. Phylips is still growing into being a right tackle, but he too plays guard well. I think as the season goes on he may turn out to be a decent right tackle.

So that is three right there, depth, solid starters, young.

I think they definitely need to draft tackle early in 2022 draft, even IF Stanley comes back, which I doubt. There are going to be plenty of choices in that draft, some real good talent coming out at tackle.

They have a ton of draft picks, they can find a safety, linebacker, defensive tackle, rush end and corner depth in this draft; it's deep.

I like Bozeman a lot.  I wanted him at center yrs ago.  But in the infinite wisdom of the coaching staff that was a no.  Now we are getting to the time where big contracts need to be doled out so some guys have to go.  Unfortunately that would be to. I think.  

Maybe they have a replacement in house but I have seen that poor eval made way to many times.

A 1st round lt I see as a must.  A center in the 3rd I would hope.  At least another ol by the 4th.  

Again I don't like the ol as constituted and I hate where this cap situation is headed.