ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens vs Rams

vmax

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, tsylvester said:

Such a shame, but we have a clear answer. Huntley is a very good Back Up quarterback, but he is not a long term starter. He can't make all of the throws, his decision making is questionable.

This team needs to fix the line, the defense, that played pretty well today, not very good, but pretty well, 20 pts given...

But they have to figure out Lamar for sure... 8-8, with their what 6th loss by a total of 10 pts, wow...

They’ve only got next weeks game to figure out what to do with Lamar. If he doesn’t play there’s too much fog in trying to decide in a confident manner. I’m rooting for Lamar but he has to show me he’s worth the kind of contract I’m sure he wants. 

If he hadn’t regressed over the last half of this season I’d be happy to pay the man. Now I don’t know.

3 minutes ago, varaven45 said:

I don’t think Lamar on a bad ankle gives us too much to evaluate.  We’ll go into the off-season in Qb limbo. I say tag Lamar, get a healthy OL and backfield, then revisit a long term contract late 22 / early 23.  

It is supposedly a bone bruise, not a sprain. 3 weeks is plenty of time to heal from that for most people. Shoot, a high anckle sprain is 4 weeks, a regular anckle sprain is 2 weeks at worst.

2% chance. They need a Jags win over the Colts. Jags gave up 50 points yesterday therefore the 2% shot....

Here’s what the Ravens, losers of five straight, need over the next six days to secure a wild-card berth and advance to the playoffs for the fourth straight year.

• A win over the Pittsburgh Steelers. Enough said. The Ravens’ second-half swoon started with their narrow Week 13 loss in Pittsburgh, and their season would end with another defeat in Baltimore.
  • At least one loss by the Cleveland Browns. Doesn’t matter whether it’s a loss Monday night to the Steelers or a loss next Sunday to the AFC North champion Cincinnati Bengals. In this scenario, a 9-8 Browns team would best a 9-8 Ravens team because of its superior division record.
  • A Jacksonville Jaguars win over the Indianapolis Colts. Of all the conditions necessary for the Ravens to advance, this is easily the least likely to materialize. The Jaguars are 2-14 and have little to play for. The Colts are 9-7 and would clinch a playoff berth with a win in Jacksonville.
  • A Las Vegas Raiders win over the Los Angeles Chargers. A Raiders home win would clinch a playoff spot for Las Vegas and push the Ravens into a three-way tie with the Chargers and Colts at 9-8. With the Ravens having beaten both earlier this season, they’d win the head-to-head tiebreaker.
  • A New England Patriots win over the Miami Dolphins. Yes, the Dolphins were eliminated from playoff contention Sunday after a blowout loss to the Tennessee Titans. But if they beat the Patriots, they would join the Ravens, Chargers and Colts here at 9-8. That would nix the head-to-head tiebreaker — the Ravens lost to Miami in Week 10 — and lead to the next tiebreaker: conference record. In that case, Indianapolis would advance......The Ravens need a lot of help to reach the playoffs. Here’s how they can still get there. - Baltimore Sun

It's over. Well not quite. There's some revenge needed to be taken next Sunday.

According to FiveThirtyEight’s projections, the Ravens’ playoff odds are down to 2%. Now you can see why.