ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Wink Martindale Gone!

oldno82

The Ravens announced today that they have 'parted ways' with Wink Martindale the DC for their last 4 years.

I find myself rather pissed at this. The defense had it's secondary's heart ripped out and the FO never got him the pass rushing talent he needed.

Meanwhile, jerk Greg Roman is still around. Is Wink gonna be the fall guy for the 2021 season and not Roman? Please tell me Roman is on the way out too.

Here's the link: https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-don-martindale-out-20220121-ymugmn5imffe7feix2l7hjem4m-story.html.

Wow, I am shocked. Sure, he made a few bone headed calls on defensive coverage, but look what he did with an offense that was stagnant, and a defense made up of fry cooks..

Roman should have gone. I guess this means Roman stays, no way they fire two coordinators in the same offseason, right?

6 hours ago, tsylvester said:

Wow, I am shocked. Sure, he made a few bone headed calls on defensive coverage, but look what he did with an offense that was stagnant, and a defense made up of fry cooks..

Roman should have gone. I guess this means Roman stays, no way they fire two coordinators in the same offseason, right?

Really unlikely now for Roman to go. I really wonder who's idea this was. Harbaugh's? DeCosta? Bisciotti? All 3? And they see no way to let Roman go? I have to admit to being baffled by this whole affair. The organization as a whole has lost some of its luster for me on this move.

17 minutes ago, papasmurfbell said:

Bring on the end.

So we are looking to interview Joe whitt the Dallas db coach for dc.   Does anyone else see anything uninspiring about the Dallas defensive backfield?  

Source?

You can also go to Captain of all Rumors, Mike Preston.  I'm surprised you didn't break this first Papa...

https://news.yahoo.com/mike-preston-ravens-time-rebuild-110000412.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAHe21QrDtEeGNXg1q5FYhXKOyn3amjkSZ2MPvZax77s2nQgvRCVPvboqYK6ImOVP2761jj0_FDR2KAyjqQohYfHesp0dTPlH4FSyc6y0AJ_fzf3Q8_VjG2tLg8XQqvD5WSuuTJWi6L7vLmSMUinm3c0lFsX7notCjvnmySINA3l-

According to the team source, Harbaugh and Martindale met several times before parting ways, and issues such as the length of Martindale’s contract and personality conflicts between the coaches might have been factors in the move.

The article also suggests there were a lot of strong disagreements between Martindale and Harbaugh over the course of this season. Sounds like Harbs ran into another in a long line of strong personalities he didn't want to supervise. I'm beginning to feel Harbs might be the one who needs to be replaced.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GrubberRaven said:

I don't pay for the sun.  So I rarely read Preston anymore.

40 minutes ago, oldno82 said:

The article also suggests there were a lot of strong disagreements between Martindale and Harbaugh over the course of this season. Sounds like Harbs ran into another in a long line of strong personalities he didn't want to supervise. I'm beginning to feel Harbs might be the one who needs to be replaced.

I've been there a long time.  Harbs likes the balless. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, GrubberRaven said:

At this rate, Harbs is gone next year if next season tanks and I don't see any reason why it would get any better.  Watching these teams play this weekend, crazy.  We don't rank.

Just what I was saying.  I should look if I can get tshirts made to sell next season.  I was going to make a fortune on billicks back and he was fired.

On 1/23/2022 at 8:38 AM, papasmurfbell said:

Bring on the end.

So we are looking to interview Joe whitt the Dallas db coach for dc.   Does anyone else see anything uninspiring about the Dallas defensive backfield?  

Exactly...of Dallas' 11 victories 3 came against teams with a winning record. If whitt didn't have Diggs they would have been 9-8 or 8-9 team.

Replacing a guy that had the #1 rush D is going to be a tough task. We were to totally decimated in the d backfield, I don't know what Harbs expected.

This was a rush to judgement move, hope it doesn't bite us in the butt. Pretty sure we had more pressing issues on the other side of the ball.

6 hours ago, cravnravn said:

Replacing a guy that had the #1 rush D is going to be a tough task. We were to totally decimated in the d backfield, I don't know what Harbs expected.

This was a rush to judgement move, hope it doesn't bite us in the butt. Pretty sure we had more pressing issues on the other side of the ball.

If he can go with I am not taking injuries as an excuse so can I.  Send John out the door too.