ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

The draft

tsylvester

Okay peeps, a few days away now, whom do you think the Ravens will take at 14?

Who do you want them to take at 14?

Do you think they will trade out of 14?

It should be no secret that I want the Ravens to pull the trigger on Nekobe Dean, MLB from UGA of he is there.

I could also see them going with Devon Loid, MLB from Washington.

I think, however, they will grab an offensive lineman, center out of Iowa, Tyler Linderbaum.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, oldno82 said:

Its hard for me to say what we need more because we need both but I'm hoping for either an OT or edge rusher. I will take any player that is a major playmaker though.

IMHO, the edge rushers in this draft are not first round worthy, certainly not top 15. They all struggle against bigger tackles when defending the run/holding and edge.

A large majority of their sacks came when they were either blocked by a tightend, or not blocked at all.

Even then, sure they may have dominated a bad tackle, but then, who hasn't?

Hutchensin is perhaps the biggest potential 1st round bust. So improve the push on the pocket, get faster, stronger at the MLB position, or even improve the offensive line in the first.

11 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

This is what I am seeing that we are missing.  

What is his projected draft slot ?

I want to go all defense early, since it was just released that Stanley is looking good. That could be a smokescreen....but I'm buying it now....they still need O line help but get that later unless a can't miss stud is there. 

Jamison Hensley on Twitter
“Per ESPN’s Draft Day Predictor, here are the chances for these prospects to be available at Ravens’ No. 14 spot:

George Karlaftis: 100%
Trevor Penning: 85%
Jordan Davis: 78%
Trent McDuffie: 76%
Charles Cross: 50%
Jermaine Johnson: 29%
Derek Stingley: 25%
Kayvon Thibodeaux: 0%”

They have to create the monster D. It does win championships. Too many great QB'S in the way. Only that will carry them thru the playoffs to the SB. this year or next.

It was disgusting to watch this D get pushed around last year. I know...injuries....🤒

Defenses can still impose their will today even with the rule changes. 

They have to create the monster D. It does win championships. Too many great QB'S in the way. Only that will carry them thru the playoffs to the SB. this year or next.

unknown.png

4 hours ago, vmax said:

I want to go all defense early, since it was just released that Stanley is looking good. That could be a smokescreen....but I'm buying it now....they still need O line help but get that later unless a can't miss stud is there. 

“Per ESPN’s Draft Day Predictor, here are the chances for these prospects to be available at Ravens’ No. 14 spot:

They said Stanley was looking good this time last yr.  I just can't trust him now.  Tgat ankle was trashed.  If they really want to put Lamar on a good position they have to fix the ol.

4 hours ago, vmax said:

Wow, that is a scary list

I love Jordan Davis, but.... can he be a 3 down player for 16+ games?

Stingley is also a boom or bust player, can he stay healthy, motivated?

Other than those two I would be very disappointed if any of the other guys was the pick at 14. A trade down to the mid 20's and pick of them? Sure I suppose... Penning is intriguing, however, not much of a power run blocker, surprising with his squat stats. For a 14 pick, dude better be plug & play, great at short yardage and Penning is not that..

Lloyd sounds like a winner. Lindenbaum I just don't know though it wouldn't be a reach to pick him and he'll probably be there at 14 if they decide to stand pat. I honestly do not have a clue whom they pick as long as it's a guy who makes plays that really impact the game being played even if it's on offense.

I see them taking McDuffie. I think Davis will be gone by the time they pick. They can turn Davis into a 3 down player to free up the pass rush. He commands 2-3 players every snap.  Yea...I like Lloyd but at 14 CB is the value position. Edge rushers will be gone. Same for OT's (1st round grades...they can get an OT later).

I follow the draft on 2 sites every year. Once a player is selected, then you can click on his name and get his BIO. 

NFL Draft 2022 Picks by Round - ESPN Draftcast

2022 NFL Draft Tracker | 2022 Draft Picks | NFL.com

“What time will the Ravens make their pick tonight?

Based on recent drafts, Baltimore would make its first-round selection around 10 p.m.

Of course, that’s if the Ravens don’t trade up or down from No. 14 overall.”

Edited by vmax