ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

The draft

tsylvester

What do you think Jamison?

Baltimore Ravens NFL draft picks 2022: Analysis for every selection - Baltimore Ravens- ESPN

Sarah Ellison (@sgellison)
With the draft in the books, the Ravens strengthened:

1) Safety
2) O-line
3) D-line
4) TE
5) CB

Biggest remaining needs:

1) WR
2) OLB (Ojabo needs time)
3) iLB

My guess is they’ll sign Justin Houston, a vet WR & CB, and top rookie FA iLB.
Edited by vmax

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:gorave:

Stout was the first punter off the board, and with good reason. He was named Big Ten Punter of the Year after setting Penn State’s regular-season record with an average of 46.6 yards per punt, but his accuracy was his calling card. On punts in between the 30-yard lines, Stout pinned his opponents inside the 20-yard line 83% of the time, according to Pro Football Focus. He only allowed a touchback on 6% of those opportunities while giving the opposing team an average starting field position of the 12-yard line.With Sam Koch entering final year of deal, Ravens take Penn State punter Jordan Stout in fourth round of 2022 NFL draft – Baltimore Sun

Edited by vmax

Well, Sam is getting O-L-D... so getting the punter they wanted was a smart move.

All in all, not a bad draft, some talent there, 👏 we shall have to wait and see if we have any real talent or do we have an Elam, a Worley, etc.... can the big man become the starting right tackle in a year or so?

5 hours ago, tsylvester said:

Draft tracker, Daniel Faalele offensive tackle from Min, great pick.

As usual, they dip into Bama and get a cb who can't stay true to the scheme, who gets lost in coverage... Jalyn Armour Davis...

I don't like faalele.  He is just large.  Good ends will get him off balance.  

I guess we will not have a LT.  

The draft was 'OK' for me. Not getting a pass rusher is a killer but getting Faalele as a run blocker is a good move. He might even turn out to have some pass blockig skils. I  like the Hamilton pick because he looks like he's ready to play and be a frickin' good playmaker with his interception  and tackling skills. Linderbaum will be a good pickup for us but I'm not sure we needed to draft him that high. I don't like the Ojabo pick. He'll probably miss the whole first year between re-habbing and sitting on the bench. He'll miss all the OTA's and the entire camp and pre-season most likely and I think that will have long-term negative effects. I really don't like not having an LT. The lack of getting an LT and a ready-to-play pass rusher make me give this draft a 'C'. But I'm just a fan and hope I'm wrong. Most sports outlets seem to love our draft and have given it high grades.

I thought the Ravens had an excellent draft. Certainly, some players won't pan out. That happens to every team every year.

The Raven came into the draft with a massive list of needs, and it was never possible to address all of them. That does not make this a poor draft. They have until week 1 of the season to get more talent. In the end, it will be up to the coaches to make their units excellent with the players they have on hand. This is every year.

With this draft, and with Lamar, the Ravens now have a Super Bowl window of at least 2 years. :gorave:

Image result for Baltimore Ravens Still Proud Saying

I was reading an "Experts" opinion on the punters who were drafted, and I realized he had no idea what he was talking about. We know how badly Mel Kiper misses. So, I'm taking all these "A's" that the Ravens got for their draft as compliments.... possible good forebodings... yet "Let's wait and see." 

Yea....It's Over Reaction Sunday yet nevertheless the

Ravens got all A's: Ravens earn valedictorian grades for 2022 draft class (msn.com)

Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter
“DeCosta said Ravens would add WRs in UDFA. A few reported agreements w/2021 stats
Emeka Emezie (N.C. State): 60 catches-802 yds-6 TDs
Makai Polk (https://t.co/Ecf4juU9vF): 105-1,045 yds-9 Tds
Devon Williams (Oregon): 35-557 yds-4 TDs
Trevon Clark (Cal): 33-658-4 TDs”

List of potential Ravens UFA's so far....Rumor Mill: Ravens Undrafted Free Agents Tracker 2022 (baltimoreravens.com)

Lot of LB's and WR's. :gorave:

9 hours ago, vmax said:

Jeff Zrebiec on Twitter
“DeCosta said Ravens would add WRs in UDFA. A few reported agreements w/2021 stats
Emeka Emezie (N.C. State): 60 catches-802 yds-6 TDs
Makai Polk (https://t.co/Ecf4juU9vF): 105-1,045 yds-9 Tds
Devon Williams (Oregon): 35-557 yds-4 TDs
Trevon Clark (Cal): 33-658-4 TDs”

List of potential Ravens UFA's so far....Rumor Mill: Ravens Undrafted Free Agents Tracker 2022 (baltimoreravens.com)

Lot of LB's and WR's. :gorave:

I have hopes for Williams, another shot at a tall wide out with big catch radius. Seems they draft one every other year. I'll never forget Clarence, what a work out warrior he was. He was kind enough to give Sock & I an interview after one camp practice. He just could never put it together in a game.

Williams is very, very raw, he can catch though, he just needs to learn how to run routes, get off man press coverage...

King has been a favorite of mine for as long as I can remember. Thanks Max, that was a good read.

I don't know how he will turn out as a pro, nor how he fell to round 3, but I would love to know where they had Dean ranked and why they didn't draft him in either the 2nd or the 3rd...