ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

The draft

tsylvester

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well at least they came away with the top S and C in the draft. I was hoping for a pass rusher or OT but it was not to be. This really puts the pressure on tomorrow and on the chances of Stanley making it back full bore.

Like I've been saying here ad nauseum, we need more playmakers.

I'm also fine with trading Brown.  Offseasons with his cousin and his 'soulja' attitude will not be missed.  

I was really hoping for an edge rusher as well with the first pick, but I can't hate the Hamilton pick.  He's the top player at his position.

We drafted Oweh with the first round last year. Round 2 today, 

Whats not to like about our first 2 picks both players rated at best as the their positions. Hell Hamilton was a top 5 projection.

Edited by cravnravn

5 minutes ago, cravnravn said:

We drafted Oweh with the first round last year. Round 2 today, 

Whats not to like about our first 2 picks both players rated at best as the their positions. Hell Hamilton was a top 5 projection.

Hamilton is slow, made most of his plays against terrible qbs/offenses. He does seem to have instincts which can help, but against NFL qbs, his lack of speed will be exposed.

The draft, in all , coverage, was the worst first round of all time. They treated, the league, like a 7th round draft day. Falling way behind on pick announcments..announcements... for shame

3 minutes ago, GrubberRaven said:

I read they own like 15% of the round 4 picks

Should be a lot of movement the rest of the way, some good players left to help build the defense. The question is what do they do now that Brown is gone? Listening to Eric, while Lamar was pissed, Brown wanted out

34 minutes ago, tsylvester said:

Should be a lot of movement the rest of the way, some good players left to help build the defense. The question is what do they do now that Brown is gone? Listening to Eric, while Lamar was pissed, Brown wanted out

I'm not buying into the Lamar being pissed narrative.  Lamar has been practicing with Bateman all off season, so Lamar was not surprised.  Brown wanted out as soon as the end of the season.  He can enjoy his time battling egos with AZ's QB.  

I wonder if we can land Menchie, or if GB will reach up and snatch him. A true speedster, a bit rough around the edges with route running, but our favorite word, potential..

Still a chance to get Dean, man oh man I hope he lands here..

Raiman the tackle from Central Michigan  would also be nice. He could be a very good right tackle.

Roger Mcrary, cb, Auburn, since they missed out, apparently, on McDuffey..

Demarvin  Leal, dt Texas A & M..